What do YOU do to keep blue jeans from rubbin off on your Gucci?

Jenita143

O.G.
Aug 31, 2008
So I recently found out that my new Franke B jeans rubbed it color onto my new Jockey Tote. I'm super upset about it! :cursing: i tried blotting and gently rubbing it out with some Shout (it was what my Coach SA had recommended for my Coach purses). It is slightly better but I can still see the blue at some angles.

Today, I wored my messenger bag since it was raining and I didn't want my nicer purses getting wet. Even tho i tried to pull my shirt down and keep the bag higher, i still managed to get a tiny bit of blue on it. :wtf: Is it just the canvas bags that get this discoloration? How can I avoid this?

What lengths have you girls gone to clean your purse or keep your jeans from rubbing on it? :confused1:

Jenita- I have not tried this before, but I have read that washing your jeans with some vinegar (not sure the quantity) can help lock in the color and prevent it somewhat from bleeding. You may want to do a search and see if you find more info on this. When I wear dark jeans I try to carry a dark purse and if I carry one that is susceptible to color transfer I just try my hardest to not let the purse touch the jeans. All of my purses pretty much have short straps.

Also- to test how much color can transfer I take a paper towel and rub it against the jeans to see if it turns blue. If I rub really hard and no color comes off I think I am safe.

I've always used water & stain repellent for fabrics before I use my bags..I haven't had any problems getting any color transfer on it because of the coating..& when it does, lightly scrub it off w/ a wet clothe & coat it again. HTH : )

Oh my so sorry about the color transfer. i would personally cry if that happened to me. ive been very careful to wear clothes that have been washed a bunch to avoid this.

have you tried a white eraser? i used that on my brown sig coach when my red jacket rubbed off on it. i recommend dove soap and a soft toothbrush. okay so i didnt use dove i used tone =P

I've noticed my designer jeans are the ones usually causing all the problems because they over dye them at times. I didn't know before but now I pre-wash the new jeans with a couple tsps of salt diluted in water, wait a while and rinse and then throw them in the washer. That removes all the extra dye but doesn't damage your jeans.