What do YOU do to keep blue jeans from rubbin off on your Gucci?

Jenita143

O.G.
Aug 31, 2008
San Diego, CA
So I recently found out that my new Franke B jeans rubbed it color onto my new Jockey Tote. I'm super upset about it! :cursing: i tried blotting and gently rubbing it out with some Shout (it was what my Coach SA had recommended for my Coach purses). It is slightly better but I can still see the blue at some angles.

Today, I wored my messenger bag since it was raining and I didn't want my nicer purses getting wet. Even tho i tried to pull my shirt down and keep the bag higher, i still managed to get a tiny bit of blue on it. :wtf: Is it just the canvas bags that get this discoloration? How can I avoid this?

What lengths have you girls gone to clean your purse or keep your jeans from rubbing on it? :confused1:

smalls

O.G.
Mar 15, 2007
Dallas, TX
Jenita- I have not tried this before, but I have read that washing your jeans with some vinegar (not sure the quantity) can help lock in the color and prevent it somewhat from bleeding. You may want to do a search and see if you find more info on this. When I wear dark jeans I try to carry a dark purse and if I carry one that is susceptible to color transfer I just try my hardest to not let the purse touch the jeans. All of my purses pretty much have short straps.

Also- to test how much color can transfer I take a paper towel and rub it against the jeans to see if it turns blue. If I rub really hard and no color comes off I think I am safe.

nen

lovely
O.G.
Sep 16, 2008
LV
Yes! i suggest only dark purses with jeans to be safe. I got color transfer on a purse of mine and it didn't come out!:crybaby:

neha

Sep 3, 2008
india
my coach got a lil bit of blue on it and didnt come out now i just try to be careful with my bags:sad::sweatdrop: and its not an easy job

miss.dolce

Nov 26, 2008
I've always used water & stain repellent for fabrics before I use my bags..I haven't had any problems getting any color transfer on it because of the coating..& when it does, lightly scrub it off w/ a wet clothe & coat it again. HTH : )

pro_shopper

♥dreaming of Chanel♥
Apr 26, 2007
Yeah it happens, I noticed especially when the jeans get wet. i try to carry something canvas when it rains.

sinniebunnie

Neurotic 4 Alignment
O.G.
Nov 7, 2005
Australia
Oh my so sorry about the color transfer. i would personally cry if that happened to me. ive been very careful to wear clothes that have been washed a bunch to avoid this.

have you tried a white eraser? i used that on my brown sig coach when my red jacket rubbed off on it. i recommend dove soap and a soft toothbrush. okay so i didnt use dove i used tone =P

sinniebunnie

Neurotic 4 Alignment
O.G.
Nov 7, 2005
Australia
i just had an idea.. why don't you ziploc your bag =) it will stay fresh and clean just like the first day you bought it!

baybeesuga

O.G.
Jun 15, 2007
toronto
I've noticed my designer jeans are the ones usually causing all the problems because they over dye them at times. I didn't know before but now I pre-wash the new jeans with a couple tsps of salt diluted in water, wait a while and rinse and then throw them in the washer. That removes all the extra dye but doesn't damage your jeans.