What ART do Louis Vuitton lovers collect? (The Richard Prince Inspired Thread)

10yrboats.jpg

Nice, The boats reminds me of John Perceval. deluxeduck may know what I mean.

I don't collect them, but I really like Andy Warhol and of course, Murakami.
I do have a lot of prints from Shag (the mod looking Disney ones he did)...mostly I like anything colorful and bold, though I do also really like Thomas Kinkade; I can stare at his paintings for hours.

I'm looking for a pic I took that has my Shag pillow in the background...I know it's in the back of a lot of my pics. The tag is signed by him as well, which makes it even more special to me.

ETA: a super tiny pic of it is attached, I'll take a better pic of it tomorrow.

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    3.8 KB · Views: 71
I knew I really liked you. :smooch:

Mark Ryden is breathtaking. Your "The Meat Magi", "Santa Worm" and "Rosie's Tea Party" are wonderfull. I do not :crybaby:own any of his works yet but that is going to change very shortly, thanks to you. I'm serious.

Brett Whiteley's "The Arrival" is brilliant. I have an original Whiteley that he painted in 1953 just after he finished he's art degree. It's not typical of his work but if you have been to AGNSW you would have seen his early portraits and mine is like that. Have you seen how much $$$ "The Arrival" has been obtaining at the art auction houses lately :smile:?

Your Jeff Koons "Blue Balloon Dog" is also TDF.

Overall your collection is nothing short of spectacular.

thanks! but its nothing compared to yours im sure. that Kelly sculpture alone trumps what we have. who knows what else you've got hiding there?

Mark Ryden is something else isn't he? the earlier Meat Show and Anima Mundi pieces are his best work. but the Blood series are my faves. oh just to have one of those original miniatures :girlsigh: "Night Visit" is our fave.

my other artists i like are Constantin Brancusi, Julian Opie, Tim&Sue, Mauricio Catelan, Matthew Barney, Richard Serra, and Francis Bacon. if i had the $$$, my house would be filled with their work (and then some).

Mark Ryden:
BdayLoot07.jpg

Cool! Unfortunately, my familiarity with Mark Ryden begins and ends with the album cover he did for Jack Off Jill which I absolutely love. Thanks for posting your Ryden pieces. It was nice to see some of his other works. :tup:

Here's the JOJ album cover. The album is called Clear Hearts, Grey Flowers, and it's excellent!

attachment.php

Attachments

• JOJCHGF.jpg
    JOJCHGF.jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 190
is that you Kandinsky? i love how they're so kinetic. with those sizes, they would've been an astounding sight. thanks for sharing ;)

Wow. That's a huge compliment to me, Thank you so much :yes: A lot of my work I try to keep flowing with multiple layers as well, so when one goes close you see inside as well as on the inital surface. The 3rd piece actually has twigs, branches, 1/2 used cigarettes and other random tactile objects within it. I smoked a lot in a short period to help that work along, lol...

Orodruin - Thanks so much!

ArmCandy - I love JOJ - That album cover is one of my very fav's :smile:

I like the work of Chiho Aoshima. Her work always has a lot of things to discover and are beautifully done. And I like photography, e.g. the work from Hiroshi Sugimoto. Very relaxing shots.

I originally posted my painting by the late Howard Arkley on deluxeduck's great LV collection thread but I have now taken a better picture so it deserves to be here.

Construction Sight
DSC00831-1.jpg

deluxe -- you've got a fun collection !! the Ryden's remind me of one of my favorite artists from the past few years, whose work I don't own yet, Christina Vergano. I'll post one of hers and then a few things of ours -- it's probably hard to see the scale of the Ethiopian inspired nail/leather pieces -- they contain tiny coptic bound books (the size of the book in the detail is about an inch -- so they're small, shrine-like things) by Daniel Essig, a small sculpture by the grandson of Howard Finster, Michael, and some other folk people from a Long Island Sag Harbor artist.

Attachments

• vergano.jpg
    vergano.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 41
  • elsig2.jpg
    elsig2.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 158
  • elsigdet.jpg
    elsigdet.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 61
  • finster.jpg
    finster.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 33
  • folkpeople.jpg
    folkpeople.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 36
oh my..... i absolutely want this:

attachment.php

i like how it combines African Nkisi with Christian beliefs. driving a nail through the Coptic Bible "activates" its inherent powers. the sunburst arrangement of the nails suggests this too. i love it!