What ART do Louis Vuitton lovers collect? (The Richard Prince Inspired Thread)

Wow! deluxeduck I was shocked to see you enjoy some of the artists we collect, I wasn't going to post anything here because I didn't think anyone would know what lowbrow is!
As far a paintings go we have Mark Ryden, Robert Williams, Joe Coleman, Joe Sorren, F Scott Hess. Prints- Ryden, Chagall. Photography- Link, Meatyard, Siskind. I can't find the cord for my digi-cam to post pics at the moment.:cursing:

Here is what we have in the bedroom... just some original oil paintings, and a mirror mosaic I made in my free time. We have an original Monet at the lakehouse... but its small, very small. :graucho:

This one is an original oil painting from W.J. Burger Co Auction... Artist Unknown
IMG_0335.jpg

IMG_0337.jpg

IMG_0338.jpg

IMG_0339.jpg

IMG_0340.jpg

and thats only what we have in the bedroom!

I print out online comics and hang them on my wall. I'm thinking of filling in some color on them to make them more "artsy" though.

Some of you guys have great art collections!

Wow! deluxeduck I was shocked to see you enjoy some of the artists we collect, I wasn't going to post anything here because I didn't think anyone would know what lowbrow is!
As far a paintings go we have Mark Ryden, Robert Williams, Joe Coleman, Joe Sorren, F Scott Hess. Prints- Ryden, Chagall. Photography- Link, Meatyard, Siskind. I can't find the cord for my digi-cam to post pics at the moment.:cursing:

oh please do ASAP.... DO! DO! :yes: :nuts:

DH and I collect Frederick Hart sculpture, Leonardo Nierman-Mexican abstract painter, and Tom Everhart-American painter-does great stuff with Peanuts characters. Also got a gorgeous mosaic of Christ from the Vatican.

lincolnshead-Copy.jpg

littleboyblue.jpg

kingsofindustry.jpg

Here are the Ryden's. The second one, Little Boy Blue, disturbs some people, I hope I do not offend anyone here. I will have to post the others later, I took these pics with my phone, I still can't find the cord for my real camera :cursing:.

lincolnshead-Copy.jpg
littleboyblue.jpg
kingsofindustry.jpg

Here are the Ryden's. The second one, Little Boy Blue, disturbs some people, I hope I do not offend anyone here. I will have to post the others later, I took these pics with my phone, I still can't find the cord for my real camera :cursing:.

:wtf: OMFG... are these the original oil paintings? pls tell me they aren't because i'd be EXTREMELY jealous. the Blood Show miniatures are my faves - especially "Night Visit". but i like "Lincoln's Head" too. we prefer disturbing and disconcerting art. stimulates the viewer's mind to think and react (good or bad) more than a vase o flowers can. thank you for sharing :tup:

Deluxeduck, please don't slap me *dives under desk for safety* yes they are the orig paintings. We have been collecting for a loooooooong time (back when Ryden was cheap!) DH has an insane knack for buying new artists that become very successful. I keep telling him he should be a art dealer!!!!

Deluxeduck, please don't slap me *dives under desk for safety* yes they are the orig paintings. We have been collecting for a loooooooong time (back when Ryden was cheap!) DH has an insane knack for buying new artists that become very successful. I keep telling him he should be a art dealer!!!!

come out come out wherever you are.... :boxing:

can i hate you just a little bit? in hindsight, Ryden was indeed quite reasonably priced. but we were still just students then so he was still pretty exxy for us :Push: oh well... we're pretty happy with what we've got. any chance of giving one to *ehem* charity?