Books & Music What are you reading right now??

Gerald Seymour - The Heart Of Danger (thriller about an English girl’s body found in a mass grave in Croatia after civil war of the nineties)
Conn Iggulden - Emperor: The Gods Of War (the third in a four book series about the life of Julius Caesar)

Reactions: Purse Chakra
I’m reading it now actually. Have you seen the movie? It’s fun to compare.
I’ve seen The Shining, but I haven’t seen Doctor Sleep. Tbh, I’m generally dreadfully disappointed when I watch film or tv adaptations, so I don’t tend to watch them. Do you recommend it? How faithful is it to the book?
There are exceptions to what I said about being disappointed, The Green Mile and The Shawshank Redemption were very good.

I’ve seen The Shining, but I haven’t seen Doctor Sleep. Tbh, I’m generally dreadfully disappointed when I watch film or tv adaptations, so I don’t tend to watch them. Do you recommend it? How faithful is it to the book?
There are exceptions to what I said about being disappointed, The Green Mile and The Shawshank Redemption were very good.
I’m still pretty early in the book, but like The Shining book compared to the movie, Doctor Sleep also gives much more of the back story, which makes it so much better. I saw the movie when it first came out so some of the details are fuzzy, but I would have remembered certain elements that are in the book had they been in the movie. The major stuff seems to be the same so far though.

Reactions: Purse Chakra