Food What are you cooking tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Osso Bucco and Cannelline bean salad on Italian bread! And steamed corn and carrots :yes:

Another winged recipe; just browned the veal shank in a big dutch oven on both sides, removed, added chopped carrots, onion, celery, shallot, garlic, parsley, salt, pepper, cooked until soft. Added red wine, let it cook down a bit, whisked in flour, and added a mix of beef stock and water. Added shank back in. After a while I added the rest of the mushrooms from last night's soup! Cooking right now in the oven at 300 degrees for 2 hours.

The bean recipe is a take-off of one I have at a local Italian restaurant quite often. 1 can of Cannellini beans (drained and rinsed), one chopped tomato (squeezed to remove liquid insides), lil over half a big vidalia onion (chopped), parsley, salt, pepper, extra virgin olive oil, and a big splash or two of balsamic vinegar. Let it chill for just a bit and eat it on warm crusty Italian bread. I know it may sound odd, but it is really, really good!

Thank you :blush: I think I just have too much time on my hands this semester :shame: Right now it's my source of end-of-semester-papers-are-killing-me evening-time therapy! :P

The bean recipe is a take-off of one I have at a local Italian restaurant quite often. 1 can of Cannellini beans (drained and rinsed), one chopped tomato (squeezed to remove liquid insides), lil over half a big vidalia onion (chopped), parsley, salt, pepper, extra virgin olive oil, and a big splash or two of balsamic vinegar. Let it chill for just a bit and eat it on warm crusty Italian bread. I know it may sound odd, but it is really, really good!

Neeya, this is awesome! I make something very similar, and no, it's not wierd at all! It's totally delish!!!

And I know what you mean about cooking as therapy... when I was studying for the bar a few years ago, all I wanted to do was cook big, elaborate meals...

It's Thurday and the Office is on tonight, so, per DH's request for "fun food" and my need for healthy food, we are having fresh veggie stir fry (broccoli, carrots, green onions and edamame) with rice, steamed dumplings and either some shrimp or chicken... depends on what's at the market and looks good!

Status
Not open for further replies.