What age to start really cracking down on skincare...

I saw that!! WOW she looked so freaking fab, And not just like wow you look a couple years younger than you already are , or wow great youthful face (but look at the telltale wrinkles...) ... it was actually :wtf: you're kidding me, I thought you were in yours 30s! :roflmfao:I believe she was in her mid 60's then for the record!

And moisturise! Did anyone catch that episode on Oprah where the audience had to guess the age of a gorgeous African-American woman? I was shocked when it was revealed she was in her 70's!! We should be so lucky! One of her 'secrets' is to keep the skin well moisturised! :yes: Remember to pamper your neck and hands too!

WellI will hop on the bandwagon and say now. I am 18 and use Clinique 3 step in the morning and night and after my moisturizer in the morning I use their City Block Sheer w/25 spf for everyday. I dont wear foundation and I always get complimented on my skin.

Dont wait any longer!

I saw that!! WOW she looked so freaking fab, And not just like wow you look a couple years younger than you already are , or wow great youthful face (but look at the telltale wrinkles...) ... it was actually :wtf: you're kidding me, I thought you were in yours 30s! :roflmfao:I believe she was in her mid 60's then for the record!

PlushKitty - thanks for the correction - memory clearly deteriorating!! :lol: Another area to work on! I completely agree with you - she looked amazing! I'm so inspired and have made some changes in my lifestyle in the hope that I can look half decent when I get to that age :P

Allierichie - Forgot to mention: I use various products from different brands. I've stuck with the same brands for all products but somehow that didn't work too well for me. My favs are Aesop cleansers (cream to remove makeup and gel if not), SKII toner, Origins scrub (think it's called Modern Friction), Aesop clay face mask (particularly good on hot sweaty days or after a vigorous workout - I live in a super humid area), SKII face mask (more of a hydrating mask, esp good when skin shows signs of stress), SKII essence, SKII eye gel and Estee Lauder's Idealist. Of course, they don't all go on at the same time :P And good ole Vaseline Intesive Care for hands and feet.

eyes tend to show aging/ fine lines before the rest of the face. I like clinique eye creams - there is one for the day with SPF 15 and clinique 'all about eyes' is a great cream.

Think i started using anti-aging products in my late twenties- before that just used moisturiser (Olay) and an eye cream when i remembered.

What is the purpose of Eye Cream???

To prevent wrinkles and keep the delicate skin around the eye well moisturized. The skin around your eyes is about 1/3 of the thickness of the rest of your face, so it needs more moisture. The skin on your neck is about 2/3 I believe, so moisturizing your neck is also very very important. :yes:

I agree with the other posts, start NOW. I started using eye cream when I was 20. I am now (:shocked:) 39 and most people think I'm much, much younger. I joke with my husband that I'm his trophy wife! :roflmfao:

I've used so many types of eye creams. Estee Lauder EyeZone (one of my favorites), Kiehl's, Chanel, you name it. My current favorite is an eye cream by the brand Ahava. Very creamy and easy to apply.

Unfortunately I can't wear sunscreen because it makes my skin go all red and blotchy. However, I usually wear a hat when I am going to be in the sun. And like the others I use a day cream, night cream and eye cream. I have very sensitive skin, but I find most of the Body Shop products work quite well for me.

Also, the sooner you start the better! Don't wait until your skin is all dry and cracked and wrinkley! Face creams help prevent damage, but they are not so good at repairing it!

I've been looking for ways to feel more girly other than makeup. i'm def going to start a routine now...I spent a lot of time in the sun during my teens (I'm only 22 haha, but still) and I'm pretty sure I have some recovering to do. Great advice about the eye cream! I'm glad you guys are here to make suggestions so I don't get suckered into something at the makeup counters!