Welcome to New Members - Please read me FIRST, then Introduce Yourself!

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Welcome!

2. Hi TPFers,

This is such a great and generous community; you've nurtured my BV obsession through the years. I've lurked for far too long (10 years) leaching off your collective knowledge. I think it's about time I came out of the shadows. Here's my brief intro.

Username: Doncaster42
    Resides: Melbourne (Australia), Singapore
    Favorite Brands: Bottega Veneta
    Clothes: Alice Temperley (if $ were no object), Monsoon (UK high street boho), Target (Australia - functional and cheap)
    Bags: BV hobos only (Tornabuoni, Paille, Effiloche, Cravatteria, Fringe, Fuzzy, Velours, Shadow Embroidery...)
    Hobbies: Reading, gardening, decorating, travelling, tending to my 'pets' (2 long-haired specimens of daughters who shed too much)
    Favorite Foods: Australian & French fusion, Japanese, South-east Asian
    Favorite Drinks: Boost juice, Fortnum & Mason tea, 'teh bing' (Singapore iced milk tea)
    Favorite TV Shows: Killing Eve, Homeland, The Americans, Absolutely Fabulous, National Geographic and PBS documentaries
    Odd things about me: I'm obsessive. I duplicate and triplicate things when I love them. E.g., I have 3 large Nero BV hobos (in constant rotation), 20+ pairs of Coach platform wedge sandals in 2 colours only
    Things that scare me: Cynicism, sarcasm
    Current obsessions: Tomas Maier's BV hobos and cabats (maybe, one day)

3. Welcome! So happy you’ve joined us!

4. Welcome!

5. I'm the same way. I am a fan of the duplicate! I often get the same thing in say 2-3 colors. If it works, work it!

Bagcoolie likes this.
  6. Welcome!!!!

7. welcome!
    i do multiples, too! :ghi5:

Bagcoolie likes this.
  8. Thank you, all! I've 'known' you for so long. Glad to make the acquaintance official. Ditto on the multiples :smile:

ksuromax and frenziedhandbag like this.
  9. Hello from Singapore! With reference to "teh beng", mine is "kopi c kosong po". Though I don't do multiples for BV, I do duplicate for my other favourite brand. So yes, high five to duplicates and more.

ksuromax and Bagcoolie like this.
  10. Oh, hello, @frienziedhandbag
    Thanks for the welcome.
    Now wouldn't it be nice if BV does a 'milo dinosaur' colour, one day
    :smile:

frenziedhandbag likes this.
  11. Woo, that sounds like a yummy colour!

Doncaster42 likes this.
  12. Welcome! I must be a fellow obsessive. I have 3 discos and 4 convertibles

Doncaster42 and frenziedhandbag like this.
  13. Hello! Newbie here who just joined as I'm starting to move from dreaming about bags/accessories to purchasing them!

Username:
    Ruthi88
    Resides: Boston
    Favorite Brands:
    Clothes: To be honest... whatever I find at Nordstrom Rack!
    Bags: Maison Margiela, BV, Vivienne Westwood​
    Hobbies: Travelling, cars, photography
    Favorite Foods: French, Indian, Japanese
    Favorite Drinks: Rose and gin&tonics!
    Favorite TV Shows: The Good Place, The West Wing, Twin Peaks, Love Island UK ;)
    Odd things about me: I like crafts, and right now I'm all into embroidery
    Things that scare me: Currently, the storm that's rolling in which will make my commute home a bit crazier than normal!
    Current obsessions: Finding the perfect work bag

14. Hi Ruth. Welcome to a very fun, helpful and supportive site. There are many really sweet, funny and helpful people on here.

15. I've been going through a number of threads so far and completely agree! Glad to be here :smile: