Wedding dress designers

Everyone's dress is stunning!:drool: Faith, I'm in the same boat as you (my wedding is in Aug). I can't wait for my dress & matching veil to come in!:yahoo: I got my modified mermaid gown from Vera Wang.

Maybe we should start a thread with just pictures of Purseforum girls' wedding dresses?

bgcutiepie00- I'm almost finished planning everything. It's really been the most fun EVER. I don't know what I'm going to do when it's over!
I love how you didn't put a panel in the back of your dress. The girls on this wedding board I'm on all seem to be putting panels in to hide their back. It's much prettier the way you wore it!

Cntower8- Your dress is a Vera Wang!! It must be gorgeous!! And I definitely agree with you about the wedding thread. There are quite a few of us who are married or getting married soon!

Oh thank you Faith, I loved the way it looked without the panel. Thanks for the compliments!
I loved planning my wedding, in a way I think I'd love being a wedding planner or doing something had to do with weddings. It was the most fun (and at times the most stress) I've ever had.

All these dresses are so beautiful!! :smile: I love looking at them. I'm getting married Sept. 1 and ended up getting a mermaid style dress from Elizabeth Fillmore (a designer I didn't even know about before I went dress shopping!). I'm also getting a floor length veil which I'll probably wear attached to a low, off-center bun in my hair (my mom's pretty old-fashioned so she insisted on the veil). Like you girls said, I can't wait to try on the dress . . .!

Now my new problem is wedding shoes . . . since I'm tall-ish (5'7"), the lady at Saks Bridal told me that if I get shoes that are higher than 3" then they'll have to add on more material to the gown - so I'm searching for lower heeled shoes now :smile:

Very pretty dress!! And affordable to boot! :smile:

I got my Maggie Sottero gown (shown in the wedding pic thread in General Discussion) for $150 on Ebay. It was worn by someone before me, but luckily we both had the exact same measurements because I didn't need any alterations done. Right after my wedding ended, I sold it back on the internet for $150, so my dress was essentially free!

I chose the dress because it was cheap and fit me, and I didn't want to spend so much money (esp. since we were paying for our wedding) on something I'd wear for four hours. A good thing about spending so little money on it was that I wasn't scared about ripping it, soiling it, etc. I was relaxed the whole time wearing it, because if something spilled on it - who cares, it was only $150!

But I look at some of the top designer gowns now and sometimes wish that I had chosen a knock-em dead gown instead of just settling on the first gown I got. You can get a nice Monique Lhuillier or Vera Wang gown on Ebay for roughly $1000-2000, and still turn around and resell it close to that amount after the wedding. (Other designers typically don't resell for that much.) I'd probably do that if I had to do my wedding over again. I'm not the type of girl to keep the dress after the wedding though, so for me it's all about how I could sell it for after the big day!

i like this dress!

JackieAl.jpg

I didn't look at prices and fell in love with an Alvina Valenta dress...it was soooo nicely made and the cut was just lovely...but then it was $4000, a bit out of my budget. :P Same thing happened with a Melissa Sweet dress, the details and fit on it were perfect and I have to say, now it's really hard for me to find ones that compared to those dresses.
Ava.jpg

If you can afford it, why not? =) and like the ladies are saying, you'll FEEL the right one. Try them on, and if you're thinking about the same dress after a week, that's probably THE one. :yes:

I like that dress!

All of my friends are getting married this year! I'm going dress shopping with them. I'm pretty excited.

For me, personally, I want a grecian gown or maybe something short, cut to the knee. Who knows really? When the time comes, it will depend on what I'm feeling like at the moment.

I wore a Vera Wang, and next to the rings and reception/food and photos, it's the best money spent. I initially tried on the 'mainstream' designers that use polyester, but once you put on the silk dresses by Vera wang, Justina McCaffrey, Reem, etc... it's a whole other world. The material just drapes and glows... it's totally worth it!

I've seen your jewelry and car posts, and you don't seem like the type that would be happy in a Maggie! Go for the higher end designers - it's something I'm really happy we spent the money on.

I wore a Justina McCaffrey silk gown that I bought at a sample sale. It was $3.5K marked down to $1.5K including the veil. Visit every upscale salon's sale section and see if you can get a sample sale. The bridal salons can clean and fix anything!!!

If you have your heart set on a particular dress, don't limit yourself to just your neighborhood salons. My friend calls around to bridal salons all over the nation who carry her designer's line, and asks if they have a sample available. She's been successful at getting a sample (in some cases, a virtually brand new dress that has barely been tried on!) shipped to her at 25%-50% off several times now! (She's changed her mind on dresses a lot.) But I would've never guessed you could get such discounts on brand new styles before I met her.