Wedding dress designers

Initially I wanted all the beads and pearls and bling on my wedding dress. But after trying on dress after dress, my heart stopped for a Casablanca Bridals dress. CasaBlancaBridal.com: Best Seller/1798

I wasn't able to try on any Reem dresses but I love the look of them. Honestly, you just need to try them on and see up close how well they're constructed, how they fit you and everything. My dress was like 30% off too because I purchased it in January for my July 2006 wedding. Couldn't pass it up, I thought the wedding gods were smiling on me.

WOW, I love the pictures posted above! You ladies look FABULOUS!

To me, fit (and therefore, flattering) is #1. Design, color and fabric and details are also definitely important, but as a previous poster said, make sure it fits well! Having a designer dress is icing on the cake, IMHO, and it's all personal preference.

I bought an off-the-rack dress for my wedding that was well under $1k (and my mom ended up paying for it, so I'm glad I didn't spend more!). It's not considered designer by any means, and it was the second dress I tried on :wtf:, but when I put it on, I just knew. The quality was good. I bought it about 10 months before my wedding, and I had absolutely NO regrets. I kept looking at wedding magazines which featured other GORGEOUS dresses throughout the wedding planning, and I never found another dress I liked more. I know my body type and what works and what doesn't, and I was fortunate to have found a dress that fit my style and body!

Sorry, I ramble! I have nothing against designer wedding gowns - all the more power to you, if you can find one you like and afford it! But don't think it's impossible to find something in between "designer" and "cheap". :flowers:

Good luck on your hunt, and have fun while hunting!

P.S. If money was no object, I probably would have gone with a Reem Acra design - ah, so gorgeous!

I have seen pictures from all the designers mentioned and most are to die for! I also love Lazaro! Also, another expensive designer! If you can afford the designer dress! Go for it! You only do it once!

The ladies who posted pictures of their gowns - absolutely gorgeous!!! :heart:

Initially I wanted all the beads and pearls and bling on my wedding dress. But after trying on dress after dress, my heart stopped for a Casablanca Bridals dress. CasaBlancaBridal.com: Best Seller/1798

I wasn't able to try on any Reem dresses but I love the look of them. Honestly, you just need to try them on and see up close how well they're constructed, how they fit you and everything. My dress was like 30% off too because I purchased it in January for my July 2006 wedding. Couldn't pass it up, I thought the wedding gods were smiling on me.

Yeah!!!! My dress is by Casablanca, too, and I love it. It also didn't break the bank!!:P

The pictures posted above are lovely. I especially like the color of the Vera Wang dress - so simple but a little different.

I've been looking at dresses myself and am so far leaning towards something custom or one for $4,500 - I tried on pricer dresses but I love this one because its different, has a vintage feel and some gorgeous italian lace.

Mine was by Christos. It cost about $4K. A lot of people would probably consider that way too expensive, but it was sooo worth it. I can't even tell you how many compliments I got on my dress, and it is the type of thing my daughter will be able to wear if she wants to some day.

BTW mine was all lace so it was pretty intricate. I wouldn't have paid that price for just another white strapless gown, but I think that it is totally worth it for some dresses.

OMG ASHLEND! mine was ALSO BY CHRISTOS, and its ALSO around 4K and its all lace and strapless!! i think we may have the same gown?!? do u have a pic? hehehe...:yes::yes:

Just try on different gowns by different designers in all price ranges. You'll know when one works for you!!! :yes:

When I went shopping, I didn't look at price tags. When I tried on this Stephen Yearick, my mom, sister and myself knew right away that was the one:
12536_primary.jpg

I was fortunate in picking the Yearick gown in that he does made-to-measure as opposed to just sizing. (I'm tall w/a large chest, so it was important to have the gown fit well before alterations.) I was able to customize the gown as well, from the color of the fabric & beading detail, to adding height to the top of the gown and length to my train. When all was said and done it cost $4500. Totally worth it...no regrets.

I recently went gown shopping with my sister. She went with a Romona Keveza gown. They're stunning!!!! :yes:

I tried on a lot of gowns and ended up getting a Marisa gown off the rack for $1100 (I bought it from an online retailer and saved $400) and have no regrets. It's beautiful silk satin with beading on the front and back V. I knew I had to budget for my wedding (my goal is to buy a house) and so I was lucky to find something within my budget.

I agree with everyone else - whatever you feel is the one for you, whether designer or not is the one you should wear on your special day.

I didn't look at prices and fell in love with an Alvina Valenta dress...it was soooo nicely made and the cut was just lovely...but then it was $4000, a bit out of my budget. :P Same thing happened with a Melissa Sweet dress, the details and fit on it were perfect and I have to say, now it's really hard for me to find ones that compared to those dresses.
Ava.jpg

If you can afford it, why not? =) and like the ladies are saying, you'll FEEL the right one. Try them on, and if you're thinking about the same dress after a week, that's probably THE one. :yes:

I bought mine for $500 it was an Alfred Angelo, and had buttons all the way on the back and lace/boatneck style/audrey/grace kelly/ looking concoction.
It's still in my closet and I don't regret only spending $500 on it.

I spent 5k for my dress at Kleinfeld in NY. It was only the 5th dress I tried on and it was my first time looking. It's beautiful but I wish I only spent $1000 or so. I didn't know brands like Maggie Sottero (who has some really beautiful dresses) existed and I think I could have been just as happy with a less expensive dress. My only saving grace was that I paid the bill as it arrived so I didn't have to go into debt buying it. Go with what you love!

^^ i got my dress at Kleinfeld too!! they have sooooo many dresses. i recommend any bride to be to go there, not necessarily to buy anything, but just to TRY bc they have soooo many! i think they have one of the most complete inventories in the country..but they dont carry vera wang! u can try dresses on at Kleinfled and walk away with a better idea of wut styles u like on!