Wedding dress designers

I love love love Monique Lhuillier.. however the dress i want is out of my budget so one of my friends sister is making the dress for me. I cant wait!! :smile: I've attached the pic of the dress she'll be making for me

Attachments

• 2005-01[1].jpg
    2005-01[1].jpg
    77 KB · Views: 159
I'll try to post one later! Mine actually wasn't strapless, though, so it's probably not the same. I'd love to see yours!

oh, actually mine is NOT strapless orginally! lol...i went into Kleninfeld and i told them i was looking for a more mermaid style gown..like not the big princess ball gown types..so the consultant bought a whole bunch of dresses that fit my description for me to try...i tried on the one from Christos and i LOVED it! the sample i tried on had straps but i tucked it in and i thought it was perfect for me....so when i purchased it, and when they made it custome for me, i asked them to make some alterations (longer train, tighter..etc) and also to make it strapless as well! so..we might have the same (original) style! hehehe....im going to find a good dress pic for u and i will post when i find one...cant wait to see urs too! :yes::yes:

I recently went gown shopping with my sister. She went with a Romona Keveza gown. They're stunning!!!! :yes:

romona keveza makes my favorite gown! it's all really fluid, clingy silk, though, so i'd have to lose a ton of weight and firm up before i'd look halfway decent in it!

that's ok though, i'm not getting married aaaaaany time soon.

Find a dress that you love, and that flatters your God given assets. Don't worry about who designed it! You might find that the dresses that fit you the best happen to cost more because they are of better quality. If you want to preserve your gown for your future daughters or future daughter in laws, then it might be wise to splurge on the best quality you can afford. But don't worry about labels. Most people are unable to pick a designer gown out of a lineup. It's much easier with handbags. :smile:

I am planning my wedding right now and I faced a similar decision. I found a bridal couturier in Santa Fe who has the reputation of being the best in the southwest, and I fell in love with her sample stuff right away. She designs her own stuff and custom sews for each client. She gets her lace from the same place Monique Lhuillier gets hers. Outside of the southwest, I wouldn't expect people to recognize the name Laura Sheppherd, but the labelwhore inside of me got over it. I am getting a lot of slack from my friends and family because I am paying around $4000 to have her make the dress of my dreams, but it's worth every penny BECAUSE it IS the dress of my dreams. I want something with an heirloom quality, to pass down in my family, so I'm going top shelf. Plus, nobody will have the same exact gown, and that's important to me. (I can't even find anything that's similar in bridal magazines.)

Here is a pic of the front of my dress and the back of my dress. They were taken the day I ordered the gown- I'm still waiting for it to come in. (Excuse the messy hair and cheesy smile!!:P) It is a Private Label by G dress and was about one thousand dollars before alterations. The night I ordered it, I didn't sleep one wink, I was so excited! :yahoo:

Attachments

• DSC00455.JPG
    DSC00455.JPG
    99 KB · Views: 178
  • DSC00456.JPG
    DSC00456.JPG
    90.5 KB · Views: 112
Here is a pic of the front of my dress and the back of my dress. They were taken the day I ordered the gown- I'm still waiting for it to come in. (Excuse the messy hair and cheesy smile!!:P) It is a Private Label by G dress and was about one thousand dollars before alterations. The night I ordered it, I didn't sleep one wink, I was so excited! :yahoo:

Faith, u look STUNNING!!! so lovely ;);)

You all look fabulous in your gowns! One of my daughters-in-law had a Christos--it was the 3rd dress she tried on and that was "the one"--a rather high neck and beading at a dropped waist and the hemline; she said she loved it because it made her feel and look taller (she's about 5'2").

I think, as many have said, rather than focusing on a specific designer, once you start trying on gowns, you'll feel when you try on the right one for you. Cutting out pics of styles that appeal to you is a good idea, tho. It could save time in the shop. (I've heard some horror stories about rude saleswomen in bridal shops, so be assertive)

My wedding dress was a Maggie Sottero actually, I thought it was ok on the rack and almost didn't try it on. But when I did I knew it was the one for me, I didn't care who made it or how much it cost...it just made me feel beautiful. I honestly felt like a doll!
I dont' have a great closeup of the front of my dress....as we are STILL waiting on our pictures!

Attachments

• 47b6da01b3127cce889b8dd0b93b00000016108AYsmLNkzcOe.jpg
    47b6da01b3127cce889b8dd0b93b00000016108AYsmLNkzcOe.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 106
  • bridesmaids.jpg
    bridesmaids.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 138
  • back of dress.jpg
    back of dress.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 90