Wearing Birkin to weddings

To me, it's like the photos you sometimes see in the socialites thread. People will be at what looks like a swanky evening event, dressed to the nines, but carrying Birkins. It always looks off to me.

But, if you're tall enough and you're talking a B25 in a pop color or an exotic, it will probably look fine. And of course it depends on how formal the wedding is and what you plan to wear.

When it comes down to it, unless you show up starkers, most people will probably be paying attention to what the bride is wearing and not the guests anyway.

Thank you everyone for your input. You ladies really help with a debate I'm having with my friends about buying a birkin 25 with the intention of using it for formal occasions/ weddings. I thought a B25 in exotic skin all closed up could work? But I agree clutches or small Kelly's are lovely for weddings.

Hi OP - I think it depends on what type of wedding and what color and size ur Birkin is. Garden or church wedding + smallish birkin+ Appropriate color = yes for me. Just last week I attended a smallish garden daytime wedding and my 32 Gris T kelly was the best bag in my closet that matched my dress. I tied a matching twilly on it, threw on a CSGM tied as a shawl, and felt very appropriately dressed. During the ceremony, I kept my kelly on my lap and during dinner, I put it on my chair behind me. All the tables were easily seen from the dance floor and I kind of liked I could keep an eye on my bag while dancing. If I had carried a small clutch, it would've been harder for me to spot it from the dance floor. i would definitely keep the flap closed and secure on a birkin because it might be too easy or tempting to grab something from the bag if it's wide open.

Your outfit sounds lovely! Perfect for a garden wedding!

People are having their wedding party wear all white too these days. I have a friend that did that and it was beautiful and didn't take away from her at all. If a handbag is going to upstage the bride then she needs to step up her game (I'm kidding).

No unless I am with my toddler and need to bring random kid stuff, e.g. toys snacks books crayons etc. If I am kid free I bring my Chanel m/l or reissue flap

Hi ladies,
Are birkins appropriate for a wedding? Have any of you wear your birkins to weddings? If so what size/leather/color combo did you use?

Hi,
In my humble opinion, I do believe the following are far more suitable to bring to a wedding than a Birkin:
1. Small Kelly (it's more of a wedding kinda bag regardless of it's at the church or in the evening)
2. Clutch (or even a Kelly Wallet used as a clutch, as I have seen a petite lady using one at a wedding and she looks very chic)
Birkin just seem more of a day bag (in my opinion), unless it's a small Birkin e.g. size 25, then that might be suitable as an evening/wedding bag.

coco