water stains on vachetta

i have the manhattan GM and i got caught in the rain--sadly, i now have little polkadots on the vachetta and the patina isn't coming in evenly...i hope someone has a suggestion?

i have a week-old vernis bellevue pm in pomme :yahoo: and i have not treated the vachetta handles. so they are still quite pale. about 2 days ago i walked past a tall office building and i didnt notice that they were washing the glass windows. i felt water droplets and thought it was raining so i ran for cover as fast as i could without caring whether i looked like a fool or not. LOL i am so not going to risk my baby getting wet. i wasn't fast enough though, cuz when i checked the handles, there were water stains on it! my heart dropped about ten feet. but somehow, miraculously, the stains started to disappear! like in the span of about 3 seconds! like omg right? i know it isn't exactly rain but it is still water! so i guess it's okay. my handles still look super new. :biggrin: you just have to avoid stuff like hand lotion and, ESPECIALLY, oil!

That's a brilliant idea!!!!! A plastic bag will take up no space at all, and what a lifesaver that will be!

I'm one of those who protects her LV from the rain at all cost -- even if it means the kids can't fit under the umbrella with me and my LV. ;)

I keep a plastic bag in each of my LV's. I always carry an umbrella if rain is called for, but sometimes we get caught unawares. With the plastic bags I always know I can at least get to my car without the vachetta getting drenched or spotted.

First post, go easy on me...

I recently bought a Beverly MM at Saks and 3 weeks later I was caught in a freak downpour and my beautiful leather has horrible discolorations! I tried putting my purse under my skirt but everything was soaked through! The discolorations vary on the areas - it looks like someone poured a bottle of water on the bottom leather pieces and the strap...any ideas? I am trying to get the color back to something close to it's original light shade. This happened about 6 weeks ago and the water marks are still there. I think I am too new to post pics yet...please help!

Last edited:
In my experience I have not found anything that works well without removing the top shiny layer. I tried baby wipes and found them to either do nothing or make it dry(even the alcohol free ones) Water spots are usually permanate thats why so many people hate the bags with vachetta. You have to be very carefull.

My Cabas Mezzo hs a huge water spot on the bottom. It was raining and it never fixed itself. It has a huge amount of vachetta on the bottom, any ideas how much this would be to replace. It really bothers me, and I think I only carried it like 12 times and have had this bag for 4 years. UGH!!:crybaby:

How would I remove stains like this from the bag
DSC_0013-1.jpg

Please assist. Thanks

Hello everyone :cool: I need help!!! I got my 1st Speedy 30 (Monogram) in October. The handles are turning but I noticed the other day its not changing color evenly 100%. It kinda looks like water spots (very minimal). Its driving me nuts b/c I want it to change color evenly. I never carry it with my hands b/c the skins natural oils and I never got it wet. When its not in use its sitting on my dresser.

Anyone have this problem???? :confused1:

My speedy is a months old and I did not treat the vachetta. Once I got a big drop of rain on one of the handles and I just let dry naturally. The water spot disappeared within an hour. I do live in a dry climate though.

I have sprayed a few of my bags with leather protectant ( I won't say which one because I don't want to re-start the whole debate :graucho: ). I have some new mono bags as well that I have purchased and haven't used yet and I'm trying to decide whether I need to spray them or not. On one hand, I am kind of worried about putting all those harsh chemicals on the bags that I'll be touching and handling. On the other hand, I dont' like water stains. I wanted to know your experiences about water stains on the vachetta. Have you gotten them on your non-sprayed items? Does spraying guarantee no water stains? Will I envitably get water stains if I don't spray or I'll be ok? Please help me decide.:sweatdrop:

Best advise from an sa put nothing on bags be conscious of your hands and climates
Bag will patina evenly from air sun naturally aging
Crazy to put any chemicals on bag