water stains on vachetta

I got caught with my new Estrela MM in the rain. I got the bag as a gift late October and it happened only a week later. I can definitely see the spots, more noticeably in 2 of the 4 corners. I am wondering if they will blend in as the bag darkens. I also own the LMB 3 step kit but I have not treated this bag with it. It's not terrible, but I notice. It's my first brand new bag with so much vachetta. Before receiving it, the only LV bags I owned were the DE neverfull, mono mini pochette and a mono alma but the alma was preowned with great patina already. So needless to say I am pretty clueless. Given the choice I would have picked a bag with less vachetta, but it was a gift.

Hi, I have keep my bag in the cupboard for several months. After taking out, notice there are marks on the strap. Is it watermarks? Anyone have any idea whether the mark/spot can be removed?

Hi! i was recently in Paris and I got a neverfull mono mm. I am delighted with my new bag since I already have two speedy 30's (in ebene and azur) and I find the NF so comfortable to wear on daily basis!! Anyway the other day I was caught in the rain and I promptly covered my purse with a plastic bag I had with me, but anyway I got a water stain on the vachetta trimming. I did some research and found a vey useful tip that I want to share with you guys since it totally worked!!

What you need:
A white soft and clean cotton cloth
A regular bottle of water
A blow dryer

That's it! All you need to do is moist just a little your cloth, and rub over the water stain in one direction, just enough to cover the water stain. Then, you turn on the hair dryer in low heat and point to the stain. You wont believe the results!! The water stain will completely blend.

I recommend that you use this method only if you have a few water marks because I'm not sure what will happen if you use it for big stained areas.

Sadly I don't have pics, but it worked like a charm for me! :smile:

I just cleaned/conditioned my Speedy Azur, and there are some remaining water spots. any suggestions how to remove them? I used Magic Eraser with Apple Care Conditioner. I plan to spray with Apple Guard for water protection, but before I do that, can I lift/remove the water stains with anything else? I have tried an eraser (suggested here on other posts), but no luck.

Thanks!

Hi lareinab! I don't know if my solution will work for you, as my water stain was fresh from the same day and I did't treat my bag with anything, but anyway you can give it a try, in a small stain maybe?:thinking:

Hello there! I'm new to this site! I hope I'm posting this is the right section. I was wondering if the marks on the bottom of my bag are water marks Or is it part is the patina process? The bag is beautiful! The alma mm- I know it's the bottom of my bag but it bothers me! Especially bc carrying the bag on my arm shows the spots. Any advice or thoughts would be much appreciated! Thanks - Amanda

I cant see any photos. Are the spots on the vachetta leather?? Has it been treated at all or cleaned? In my experience, spots are not part of the patina process...they are from water, or something else. Please be careful NOT to put your purse down on floor, and where you set in even on tables/counters. Patina happens over time, years really, and is an overall darkening...natural looking. If it is simply still light, with some spots, there are many different ways to lift those spots...Do you have a photo??

I have never treated my bags, I got the Speedy Azur and the Palermo PM. My Palermo has the most water spots . :sad: It's rain a lot here. I wonder will the patina eventually covers up the stains or should I sell my bags at a loss. TIA

The patina will NOT cover the spots. You can clean the patina with a magic eraser with Apple Care Conditioner on it, which should lighten them, but they are most likely not going anywhere. Some people have tried a regular school eraser, which may actually work since your bag has never been treated. WOnt hurt to give it a try, just make sure its new....not a used one.

If you still cant lighten the stains, and do want to sell, I would be interested. I prefer broken in and used LV....so, please let me know!

Your welcome. The conditioner will also water protect the vachetta from further stains. I just spilled coffee on my Azur today, and it wiped right off, leaving no marks at all! So, the Apple Care Conditioner, really does protect it from further staining, and will hopefully lighten the spots already there. At the very least, it will even out the patina as well. Best of luck, let me know if you have other questions. I have TONS of great methods/product suggestions for ALL Louis Vuitton cleaning, from the vinyl, to damier, to alcantara lining, as well as polishing the hardware...

Your welcome. The conditioner will also water protect the vachetta from further stains. I just spilled coffee on my Azur today, and it wiped right off, leaving no marks at all! So, the Apple Care Conditioner, really does protect it from further staining, and will hopefully lighten the spots already there. At the very least, it will even out the patina as well. Best of luck, let me know if you have other questions. I have TONS of great methods/product suggestions for ALL Louis Vuitton cleaning, from the vinyl, to damier, to alcantara lining, as well as polishing the hardware...
Okie ,clean the handles with apple conditioner . I apply it with the magic eraser . Then buff abit with clean cotton cloth. Now waiting to see it will lighter the stains. But there is 1 particular spot that is pretty dark and I use abit of Apple cleaner :sad: ... I think it had left a even bigger spot there ...itchy fingers me. Any ways to removed it? Seems like I'm making things worse.

Don't worry, it will lighten as it dries, can take a little while. And really wont be completely dry until tomorrow. But, definitiely DO NOT clean a second time. If this doesn't lighten the spots, there is no way to remove them. The vachetta is now conditioned, and will protect from further stains, but cannot be lightened, or spot removed any further.

Reactions: GaladrielDelabois
Don't worry, it will lighten as it dries, can take a little while. And really wont be completely dry until tomorrow. But, definitiely DO NOT clean a second time. If this doesn't lighten the spots, there is no way to remove them. The vachetta is now conditioned, and will protect from further stains, but cannot be lightened, or spot removed any further.

Okie noted, will see how it's goes then. Thk you so much for helping with this . Appreciate it a lot :smile: