Warning- Landau Jewelry!

$900 is cheap when its comes to real pearl strands with diamonds. you can only buy a south sea pearl 7-8mm or a natural pearl earring set with simple gold and diamonds but no wayyy a strands of pearls. there must have been some misunderstanding on both sides, should have some return policy anyhow !

Is your bf very supportive in going back and asking for a return? If he is not comfortable with going there, and you being aggressive about his purchase, he may be "scard" to buy stuff for you later.

Last edited:
Look on the bright side your boyfriend did mean well.

Put your necklace on and let him know you love it!

Its the thought that counts!

If $800 was to make you happy be happy and let the issue go:hugs::feminist:

You did say "everything looks great in the store":okay:

But the problem is everything is fake- but surely if BF spent $800 on a necklace this deserves gratatude:wtf:

Or a fake :smile:

Hope your BF feels his thought to make you:smile: was worth while
:btdh:

it appears that this store must be a franchise. why else would different locations offer a full refund, when some only offer a store credit? i would bet that whoever owns the individual stores, must be some sort of shyster to try and mislead their customers. it doesn't surprise me that the store in vegas did this, as well. it seems like some are legit, while others are not. what a shame.

good luck to you, op. i hope you get your money back and something that is not only worth of your boyfriend's $800, but justice, as well.

Actually I've been inside this store at the very high end mall in my town...and I walked in one day for the first time. There was a sale for platinum and yellow gold necklaces on sale for $9.99. I purchased 2 for my mom's friends as small gifts. I was fully aware that they are only platinum and yellow gold PLATED.

I thought this was a good idea since costume jewelry to match with a special outfit usually makes my skin pus like and irritated. The plating would protect my skin.

The price indicated this to me without any signs...it was obvious to me =T You simply cannot get REAL for that price...so...I guess I don't blame your bf since he's a GUY...but...I don't think any girl could expect to buy real with that price haha

OP, I'm sorry this happened to you. "I" can see how you were fooled but then again, I'm not a "serious" jewelry person as I've only really got into it in the past few mths.

I do hope that you get your money back. Please keep us updated.

They have a store at Bayside, Miami, Florida. I have brought things from them in the past and the salesperson can be a bit misleading to someone who does not know real jewelry. I actually brought some cz earrings for my daughters wedding and most recently a knock off gucci bracelet and ring for $59. They have awesome sales, 75% off. I've gotten so many compliments on the pieces I purchase from them. I feel sorry for the OP, but my experience has always been a positive one.

Landau does not hide anything about their jewelry. They are not a scam. They are a legitimate business. They would be closed by now if they were dishonest.
The do sell real stones such as moisannite, but much of their jewelry is made with fake stones. They also do use 10 and 14kt gold. They also do have a lifetime guarantee for their jewelry. It is not that expensive when compared to Neiman Marcus or Sax costume jewelry. No one should act like they got taken. We all make your own decisions about our purchases. Just do your homework and know what you are buying.
Landau is set up for quick glitz and glamour.

I browse Landau at the airports, out of boredom. They now have Landau Shops at most of the big airports. While I have never bought anything from them I can tell right away everything is "faux" with the exception of some 14kt/moissenite jewelry.
Whatever happened, OP?

I just started making jewelry and I just made a stretch bracelet using tibetan silver spacers and fake pearls for a cost of $1.45 (I had seen the design in a store for $24.00. I was surprised to see the exact same bracelet on the Landau website for $95.00....thats some markup. I hope you were able to get your money back for the deceptive sales practices.

I've been shopping in this store for years, they have a store mostly where the airport is.. Judging from the price, u can absolutely tell that it is not real jewelry. As you said, your bf is good with buying real jewelry., how come he did not notice that what he was buying is faux. I mean come on? From that price even if you said it's $800 ( although you originally said that ur bf paid $100) you can never ever get a real good quality pearl for that price. A cultured pearl would cost you approximately around around $5000 & up. It seems to me that you are yourself, doesn't know good jewelry. I had been buying in this store for years like I said, & I have almost everything that they have , but never heard about this $800 pearl necklace that you are talking about. I even called the customer service because now I am very very curious if this necklace does exist.

A lot of people like me, who owned real good jewelries, love this store., because I can travel & have fun with it. & no matter how much the price they are charging, it's absolutely nothing compare to a real jewelry.

So my advice is either your bf lied to you about everything, or he's really cheap.. Who cares if he buys u a fake jewelry? !!

Before making a comment on a store or anything, do ur research. Educate yourself about real & fake because it seems to me that you don't even own a real jewelry!!!!

I am not a big Landau shopper and despite this every Holiday season they send me a $50off coupon, only restrictions is that it can't be used on a sale item. That's pretty generous considering that's really the only time I shop there and can pick up a really nice gift for someone spending a lot more than I normally would on someone that I might not(cousin, baby sitter, etc). The store by me is in a very high end mall and from time to time I will stop in and sometimes pick up a little sale item, they do have great sales.