Waitinglist for Birkin, how long did you had to wait?

Hermes actually suggested to me that I "needed" a Birkin before I ever decided that I actually even wanted one...lol When I first started shopping at Hermes, I was not really sure that I would want a Birkin (that sure changed!) When I decided that I wanted one, they offered me the color that I wanted immediately. Things sure have changed at Hermes over the last few years though... I continually see games being played in the US with getting these bags.

wow you are so lucky! with so many new stores opening, the demand surely increased, while the supply decreased :sad:
A few years ago, I would never have considered Hermes, much less their bags ( way too expensive in my opinion) but after Chanel increased their prices, I thought I might as well consider Hermes bags since their prices now don't make a lot of difference. now, 20++ scarves, a bunch of clics and belts later.....hahaa:graucho::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: Im an Hermes Addict :smile:

Again, its really depends on what you put on waitlist. Some bags will show up so quick some bags will never come or even cancel by Paris :smile:
Does that also apply to Hermes stores in China? My mom is on the waitlist for an etoupe 35cm birkin and they told her there's 100 people ahead of her...the store manager said it's no guarantee, might take from 6 months to 2 years. I hope they are going to call her in the end...

I got my first Birkin by walking in to the store (SF store) and they were on display. I think with SF store its pretty much just walk in as they display their birkins.

My second one I got from my local store (sydney).. And I waited about 10 months on the waitlist. I hope this helps. ;)

You guys have alot of patience. I am the instant gratification type so I couldn't wait 3 years. I guess if I stumble across one I would feel lucky but I am not counting on it.
Hope all of your bags come in quickly!

How do you know if you are officially on waiting list? Is there a form or the SA just note down your desired bag?

I was at MBS Hermes 2 weeks ago and mentioned to the SA about my wish for a Birkin and a Kelly. She said it is not possible to put me on a list for Birkin as there are too many people asking for it. But she can contact me if the etoupe Kelly I want appears. She wrote down my name, details and colors I want on a card.

I will be going to Japan next month so I am wondering should I just wait it out or pick one up in Japan and let the SA know I already got the Kelly after I bought it in Japan.

Last weekend I went to Harrods to try my luck. The SA told me there is a 400 people waitinglist there at the moment. But then when I asked another SA on a different day he said there might be but he's not sure how many people are waiting

How do you know if you are officially on waiting list? Is there a form or the SA just note down your desired bag?

I was at MBS Hermes 2 weeks ago and mentioned to the SA about my wish for a Birkin and a Kelly. She said it is not possible to put me on a list for Birkin as there are too many people asking for it. But she can contact me if the etoupe Kelly I want appears. She wrote down my name, details and colors I want on a card.

I will be going to Japan next month so I am wondering should I just wait it out or pick one up in Japan and let the SA know I already got the Kelly after I bought it in Japan.

If u see what u like in Japan, i'd say just grab it! 😇😇😇

Last weekend I went to Harrods to try my luck. The SA told me there is a 400 people waitinglist there at the moment. But then when I asked another SA on a different day he said there might be but he's not sure how many people are waiting

Harrods lately has changed their way so yes they now write down what you want, how many are in the waiting list? No idea plus there are the By Appointment clients plus the Black card holders etc so probably you will have to wait for long (unless you are very lucky!) ☺

I am not sure about waiting list. Here is my story

I have the most wonderful SA everrrr. I drop in sometimes just to pick his brains, bring cookies and cupcakes at times…and we could talk for hours. Travel,food…common interest. LOL

I was offered two Birkins within weeks (refused the first one) ..from the day hefound out that I’d like to have one. Got my first Birkin Aug 2014. AroundDec/Jan I started telling him ..How I needed a Kelly in my life in gold oretoupe. I got offered Bleu atoll by the end of Feb which I refused, and Gris T Kelly retournein March 2015 (totally in love). He kept the Gris T aside for me coz he thought I’d love it more than etoupe. So two bags with in a year. No massive purchases either. Btw my friend has stopped by at the same boutique and got “there is a waiting list of 1+ year”.

So is there really a waiting list? Hmmm. It’s all about building your relationship with SA..finding the right one. I truly believe so.