Vintage Coach Photos & Chat

Does Coach actually think anyone is putting a bag in the following condition in a landfill?? :no: I copied the following from the website:

What bags are eligible for trade-in?
We’re currently accepting 100 percent leather bags (Coach Retail only) in very good or gently worn condition, with minimal scratches and wrinkles. We accept bags requiring up to two repairs within our standard repair guidelines. Please also include your bag’s detachable strap, if it came with one.

If anyone knows of bags in the above condition being put in the trash, to end up in a landfill, please let me know and I will personally get hazmat gear and go dumpster/landfill diving :yes::yes::yes:

I think instead of the hazmat gear it might be a better idea to stand in front of the Coach stores that stealing people’s purses and just let those people know you’d pay them more than what Coach is offering :lol:

That’s quite strange. I went back to the website to take a look and now I notice some say “almost gone.”
I wonder how many they stock of these bags.. After finding out that these bags are not in pristine condition, I kinda don’t like that you can’t even see what bag you’re getting, you’re just purchasing a bag off of a picture of the the prettiest bag they’ve restored. I think for these reloved bags, the least they could do is take pictures of the individual bags so buyers know what they’re actually getting. (Or would that expose Coach’s greed too much? :thinking::giggle:)
It looks like they’re not going to bother rehabbing the bags that will be traded in for credit? What’s so special about this and one that you can find on eBay for bottom dollar? I wonder. I guess people have a lot of money to spend and as long as they continue to buy them from coach, they will continue to charge high prices for them.
I think there are a very limited numbers of reloved bags. I’ll bet they are having trouble sourcing their own vintage bags now that demand is up. They’ve even put out the call for trade-ins for new and vintage bags. They can slap a few embellishments on even a new bag and hike up the price.

As for high prices, I got pretty excited two years ago when I saw the first restored red Willis on their site for $495. That’s what they called them then. All I saw was a red Willis and I wanted it, assuming erroneously that they had reissued one of the vintage bag designs. It was out of stock every time I checked. I had no clue there was such a huge secondary market until I started checking around online.

Once I knew their bags were preowned I found my own red Willis in mint condition for a fraction of what Coach was selling. Plus the photos were the actual bag I was buying. I also thought the bag pictured at Coach wasn’t in the best shape either, lots of color loss and wear on the piping. I paid $110 for a mint condition backpack Coach has on their website for $695! No way would I buy one of those bags at those prices.

I think there are a very limited numbers of reloved bags. I’ll bet they are having trouble sourcing their own vintage bags now that demand is up. They’ve even put out the call for trade-ins for new and vintage bags. They can slap a few embellishments on even a new bag and hike up the price.
I agree too, will all the embellishing; they are probably taking new bags returned to them due to minor flaws and embellishing them too. I read here in the Coach Forum all the time about bags beings shipped with dings, small marks, etc.

It is fascinating to see the different paths that bring so many of us here to vintage Coach bags. I have been following online listings, mostly on eBay, for vintage Coach for the past 5 years. I am very curious to see what the next few years bring.

They won't even take outlet bags or signature. By 100% leather are they saying they only want classic or vintage styles? If they are trying to keep bags out of a landfill, why are they being so picky?
I can't see Coach saying no to a 1941 leather lined bag in good condition!

And I can't see anyone who wants to let go of a leather lined 1941 bag thinking, Hey, I'll just toss this in a landfill.

Coach is marketing the bag buy-back as this amazing environmental effort to save old bags from landfills. Who are they kidding? Bags have been thrifted for decades. Even rode-hard-and-put-away- wet bags end up on line and get donated to thrift shpos. No one tosses them. Even nubuc. Exhibit A: WYRTB thread!!
HEY COACH, NOT FOOLING ANYONE!
Dooney has had a trade-in program for years. They give you the current sale price of your old bag in credit towards a new bag. Not sure what they give if your bag is no longer available, but considering their price for Florentine has gone up you can get more than you paid, I think.

Dooney has had a trade-in program for years. They give you the current sale price of your old bag in credit towards a new bag. Not sure what they give if your bag is no longer available, but considering their price for Florentine has gone up you can get more than you paid, I think.
To bad coach seems to do it backwards, I'm sure the top of that $140 is for a fancy rogue that would've cost $700 when it was new. My vintage bag will only get a laughable $10. No thank you coach. Lol.

I gasped when I saw your username pop up! I miss you & hope you’re doing well!! :panic::hugs:
Thanks! I miss everyone here too. I received message from a TPF er here, decided to catch up what I missed. It is very hard trying to stay away from TPF, but it certainly helped to curb the urge of bag buying. Lol
ETA: thank you for everyone being so kind toward me, you all are the best.

Thanks! I miss everyone here too. I received message from a TPF er here, decided to catch up what I missed. It is very hard trying to stay away from TPF, but it certainly helped to curb the urge of bag buying. Lol
ETA: thank you for everyone being so kind toward me, you all are the best.
Glad to see you back! You've been missed!