Vintage Coach Photos & Chat

Hi @whateve These are gorgeous colors, plus they have silver hardware. I have not seen anything like these for sale.
The blue is incredibly rare. I've only seen this one, and I think another style, maybe a city bag, in the same color. It isn't vintage, being made in 2005, and the leather isn't quite as nice. The burgundy was one of my very first vintage bag purchases. It was made in 1999, so technically not vintage yet. The leather is scrumptious. The hardware color was called nickel and is even prettier than silver, not quite as shiny. I've seen these for sale.

Thank you! I love both of them.

Reactions: SEWDimples
The blue is incredibly rare. I've only seen this one, and I think another style, maybe a city bag, in the same color. It isn't vintage, being made in 2005, and the leather isn't quite as nice. The burgundy was one of my very first vintage bag purchases. It was made in 1999, so technically not vintage yet. The leather is scrumptious. The hardware color was called nickel and is even prettier than silver, not quite as shiny. I've seen these for sale.

Thanks for the feedback @whateve. I think I have a few bags with nickel hardware. I just purchased a Coach mocha original rambler and the hardware is dark non shiny as you described and my grey Legacy rambler has nickel hardware.

My adorable little Rambler’s Legacy arrived today and it was instant love. So soft and smooshy the leather

In case it’s helpful for others who love vintage bags and want to know what can fit in them, as it’s sometimes hard to judge, here are a few pics of what’s in mine.

All loaded up and no bulging!
View attachment 3966384

Goodies in! My Coach pouch also fits if I put some of the smaller pouches inside it or play a little Tetris.
View attachment 3966385

My Kobo Aura H2O 6.8” reader fits like a glove in the back pocket if I take the case off.
View attachment 3966396

Baby Rambler and all her guts.
* MK 6 key holder
* Small Coach trifold wallet
* pill case
* small hologram pouch with a tiny TENS unit inside
* small pouch with tiny first aid kit inside
* Kobo Aura H2O reader
* Kate Spade Sunnies
* Peace Love Battery Power bank and cable
* Gray Coach Pouch

Not pictured: iPhone 6S that I used to take the pics and some feminine hygiene products in back zipper pocket inside Rambler. She fits a ton!
View attachment 3966398
I have her twin (also black with nickel) but I had no idea you could fit that much stuff in it! It is a great bag. I used to use it a lot until I got way too many bags ;)

The rehab thread is probably more appropriate but the activity is lacking so I came here. I had a 65th anniversary Mandy satchel when it was brand new. I loved that bag but I didn’t take care of it and was horrified to discover when taking out of storage (finding it in the bottom of a tote in my storage unit ) it was completely ruined. I’ve been on mission to replace it but at a reasonable price for a long time. I finally picked up one in the blue pond color for an excellent price of $65. I initially thought it was in excellent condition but found quite a bit of yellowing after further examination. I’ve began to remove the finish in preparation to dye...now the question is stay true to the pond color or take it kelly/grass green? I’ve been wanting a bright green bag and I think it would look gorgeous with the brass but part of me is a purist..... any suggestions???

Attachments

• 39393554-EB94-4771-9C9A-B772DC408AA0.jpeg
    39393554-EB94-4771-9C9A-B772DC408AA0.jpeg
    189.3 KB · Views: 171
Reactions: dgphoto

You won’t believe this. I bought a Willis off eBay around 2005-ish in that blue with nickel hardware. It had a huge bleachy stain on the front toward the bottom ( $13 shipped, I still remember ). I had dreams of maybe covering it up with Melatonian shoe polish. I purchased several shades of blue with no luck lol. I eventually go rid of it, but I still have the strap in my closet!!

Reactions: dgphoto and whateve
I forget what tote this is called. $50 htf in good condition

https://bnc.lt/focc/4AxzMTAgzK
Luckiy I didn't see this until it sold. I have a weakness for those kinds of bags and have plenty already!

You won’t believe this. I bought a Willis off eBay around 2005-ish in that blue with nickel hardware. It had a huge bleachy stain on the front toward the bottom ( $13 shipped, I still remember ). I had dreams of maybe covering it up with Melatonian shoe polish. I purchased several shades of blue with no luck lol. I eventually go rid of it, but I still have the strap in my closet!!
I have some blues from that era but I don't know if they're that same blue or something similar. One is a legacy bucket and one is a legacy something else... small.. also ruiined by a stain so it's in my failed box. It's not forgiving of stains. Didn't age well.