Vintage Coach Photos & Chat

A black and British tan one. My bid was not high enough. I'm trying to stay on budget, but I realized I might have to raise my budget to own a vintage one.
When I first started buying vintage, I saw a cute red bag that I really wanted, but I swore I wouldn't go over $70. I can't remember what it sold for but it was under $100. Later I learned it was a Bonnie Cashin Safari tote from the 60s, and it would have been a bargain at anything under $200.

When I first started buying vintage, I saw a cute red bag that I really wanted, but I swore I wouldn't go over $70. I can't remember what it sold for but it was under $100. Later I learned it was a Bonnie Cashin Safari tote from the 60s, and it would have been a bargain at anything under $200.
Thanks for the feedback whateve! There are a few others out that with make an offer. I'll get them authenticated and see what happens. :smile:

Reactions: whateve
Oh no! Lesson learned.. the hard way.

Thanks for the feedback whateve! There are a few others out that with make an offer. I'll get them authenticated and see what happens. :smile:
So you can get a bag authenticated before you purchase? I'm somewhat new to the forum. I bought a bag off eBay from a local seller in my area and now wonder if it was authentic. The color started fading off part of the bag and never had that problem with any other Nomad I have.

A red Safari Tote. Ouch. Kicking oneself can really hurt.

I can recall doing the exact same thing though when I first started collecting and can still recall and regret the handful of opportunities I failed to pursue vigorously enough. At the same time, I'm not proud to report that back in my newbie days, the pendulum also swung he other way and there were several items that I definitely paid too much for. As the saying goes, we get too soon old and too late smart. And the trouble with the 1960s styles is that opportunities are few (and seemingly getting fewer) and far between. And when they do show up nowadays, the pricing seems to fall firmly in the category of "wishful thinking" on the part of the sellers.

So you can get a bag authenticated before you purchase? I'm somewhat new to the forum. I bought a bag off eBay from a local seller in my area and now wonder if it was authentic. The color started fading off part of the bag and never had that problem with any other Nomad I have.
Definitely. You can post pictures and/or a link to the listing in the Authenticate part of the forum here: https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/authenticate-this-coach.889527/ Read the first post of the thread to see what information we need.

Reactions: SEWDimples
Hey guys! Does anybody have a catalog where the lunchbox purse is featured? Also please keep your eyes peeled for one in colors other than black for a reasonable price. Thanks.

Last edited:
Hey guys! Does anybody have a catalog where the lunchbox purse is featured? Also please keep your eyes peeled for one in colors other than black for a reasonable price. Thanks.
I have these.

Attachments

• 9991_Lunch Box Zip-Spr1997-colors.jpg
    9991_Lunch Box Zip-Spr1997-colors.jpg
    288.5 KB · Views: 213
  • 9991 Lunch Box Zip.jpg
    9991 Lunch Box Zip.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 217