Vintage Coach Photos & Chat

Reactions: rkiz
I was wondering if anyone would care to offer a suggestion as to what I'm seeing in photo #9 of this listing for a Shoulder Sac? Not that I'm interested in pursuing this item, but I was curious as to why the suede interior seems dyed in some areas and raw in others.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Coa...375385?hash=item3ae7854a59:g:qX8AAOSwstJZQeaF

Yeah I think sunlight possibly, or some other source of strong light.

So the difference I notice between this one and the one I bought on ebay yesterday is the creed on mine says "made in usa", so is my bag a much newer one? I sure paid much less than that. I don't know much about this particular bag. Was it one that was made for many many years?

Looks like an early version of the #9949 Faith's Legacy (and not the earlier larger rendition of the style that was available in the early 1970s). Precursors of Faith's Legacy can be found as far back as the pre-creed era (I believe that those were slightly smaller than the resulting #9949, but approximately the same shape and configuration).

Reactions: houseof999
I have a similar bag with a turn lock on the flap. I don't think we ever found out if it had a style number. I think it was concluded that the turn lock was an after market addition.
Looks like an early version of the #9949 Faith's Legacy (and not the earlier larger rendition of the style that was available in the early 1970s). Precursors of Faith's Legacy can be found as far back as the pre-creed era (I believe that those were slightly smaller than the resulting #9949, but approximately the same shape and configuration).

@houseof999 and btw while searching for something I found the pic you posted of your avi (Dec AT thread) with all the gorgeous red. Almost as mesmerizing as @Ravvie99 's new Brit!
And thanks to you and @RL Bernstein and all that red talk, I just acquired a red pocket bag, will post some pics later. I think I will need to start hanging out on the involuntary ban thread soon lol.
I was eyeing that bag too! Great condition! A bit out of my budget.. I didn't want to offer anymore than $50. Luckily I was able to score a great condition NYC red swagger! It's just as roomy but no flap! I'm trying to avoid flapped bags.
You will love the red! It's so pretty! You might end up wanting more red bags! 1497701517747.jpeg

I was eyeing that bag too! Great condition! A bit out of my budget.. I didn't want to offer anymore than $50. Luckily I was able to score a great condition NYC red swagger! It's just as roomy but no flap! I'm trying to avoid flapped bags.
You will love the red! It's so pretty! You might end up wanting more red bags! View attachment 3734142
I think I saw the one you bought as well. I think the east/west zipper orientation was the deal breaker for me.
The seller jumped on my offer immediately (way lower than even the reduced BIN) which surprised me as well as had me wondering if they would have taken even less! Hope she is as pretty in real life.

You will love the red! It's so pretty! You might end up wanting more red bags! View attachment 3734142
So when you buy a red bag (vintage 1990-ish) already in very good condition, and I know I am being premature here, what products do you use on it?
And please all opinions/comments are welcome :smile:

It seems lately that vintage bags selling on Ebay are getting too expensive! The most I spent was 62 and that was for a red Pocket Purse.I even got a City Bag for under $30 back in March and a Janice for 25.00 BIN. Oh well....:sad:

It seems likely that soon after posting this everybody in the vintage thread is going to start hating me due to envy....

I just got back from Goodwill, can't stay away, and this time I found...... may the picture gods be with me today..