Vintage Coach Photos & Chat

I had decent luck visiting my mom in FL , but the Goodwill's by me rarely have anything decent and never vintage. I see older vintage items on the online Goodwill from a larger super center in my county. I think that is where the better vintage stuff goes; online and not in the local stores.
Definitely true where I live too.

It did the same picture twice! LOL I am really not having good luck today. I will try again!
2zplb3s.jpg
I love the kiss locks. It's so cute! Great find!

Wondering if it's now the case where I live, too! I got one lonely Rambler from Goodwill and the only other vintage I've seen were priced $35 and up at an independent thrift. Must be shipping them all to @Belicious 's neighborhood, haha!

LOL unfortunately no... There was only one vintage Coach there, all the rest were modern ones. There were ladies there going crazy over those. I did buy a couple of things but I am mostly adverse to "c" print so that ruled out just about everything. I already went back.. you see they seem to be putting out about 20 coach bags at a time! So I might be checking twice a day since the store is near me. I picked up an unusual backpack this last time and there was a city bag I considered but I already have that exact one. Funny thing is, all this is happening at a time when I am telling myself to stop buying Coach bags coz I have too many. LOL. I gotta start selling off rejects.

I love the kiss locks. It's so cute! Great find!

Me too! And she's looking beautiful since her bath.

A thread is coming loose on the strap but other than a few spots no major defects.

So I actually did buy another red shoulder sac and the difference in color is huge. I have no doubt now that the bag was polished. Horribly, if I may add.
View attachment 3731197
Red is a color that COACH varied quite dramatically during the 1970s and 1980s. I recall having several red Stewardess bag, all NYC-made (so 1977-1987) and the shades were all over the place. Similar to the contrast range in the two Shoulder Sacs you have. I was just looking at the red bags in my own collection of pre-creed bags, and though they all would be described as "red," you'd be amazed at how different they are from each othercolor-wise.

Btw, your two Shoulder Sacs are indeed quite nice.

Red is a color that COACH varied quite dramatically during the 1970s and 1980s. I recall having several red Stewardess bag, all NYC-made (so 1977-1987) and the shades were all over the place. Similar to the contrast range in the two Shoulder Sacs you have. I was just looking at the red bags in my own collection of pre-creed bags, and though they all would be described as "red," you'd be amazed at how different they are from each othercolor-wise.

Btw, your two Shoulder Sacs are indeed quite nice.
Thank you! I was actually wondering about the shades of red used in the NYC plant and you just answered my question before I even asked! Though it's splotchy looking, I looked inside to see what the suede looked like and it actually isn't much brighter! Maybe just one shade lighter. But definitely not as bright as the one on the left! IMG_20170614_192702038.jpg

Thank you! I was actually wondering about the shades of red used in the NYC plant and you just answered my question before I even asked! Though it's splotchy looking, I looked inside to see what the suede looked like and it actually isn't much brighter! Maybe just one shade lighter. But definitely not as bright as the one on the left!
Good sleuthing. Inside pockets are often a good place to start when trying to identify original color (since most amateur colorists don't bother with it). And examining the suede is also good practice. I'll share with you also that several all-too-commonly used commercially available oil-based surface treatment have a habit of darkening the color of a bag, often irreversibly. So I wouldn't be surprised if that may be the case with what you're seeing. Again, even though some color variance between the inside pocket and the exterior body is not that unusual (I believe that the pockets for many popular styles may have been staged (made in bulk) and incorporated into individual bags later in the production cycle, hence different hides. Similar to the color differences you see between body panel and binding, which are made from completely different stocks), if the exterior is darker, then it may suggest some aftermarket intervention by a prior owner.

Reactions: houseof999