Vert Vertigo vs Malachite, pictures/advice please

I have a Togo Malachite Birkin and a Vert Vertigo Ostrich Birkin. They are totally different greens. Malachite is a blue green color while VV is Emerald green. VV is hard to photograph because iPhones and point and shoots somehow add in a blue tone to VV but it is really dark Emerald, no blue, no yellow. Just grass green. Both are neutrals interestingly. VV is a pop neutral while Malachite is quiet though. My Malachite is a 35 and my ostrich is a 30. To me, Malachite looks better with Palladium hardware because of its cool bluish tone while the dramatic VV looks better with gold. Now you’re probably more confused than ever. Both are beautiful but online photos seem to represent Malachite much more accurately IMO. VV is also one of those colors that is radically different in sunlight than other lighting.

Wow that is very helpful thank you for all the information! Emerald and grass green I've heard before, but sometimes these can vary in nature as well lol. I am trying to understand the true to color of VV...when you say emerald does it most resemble 1, 2 or 3 (or none of these haha)?

Screen Shot 2020-04-11 at 8.24.50 PM.png Screen Shot 2020-04-11 at 8.24.42 PM.png Screen Shot 2020-04-11 at 8.24.35 PM.png

Thank you so much again

More eye candy and comparisons. I really think each of these colors can look like any of the other colors in the right leather, lighting, and dye batch.
From Hermes website:
View attachment 4708286
From my collection (indirect sunlight vs direct sunlight, and against plant life)
View attachment 4708288
View attachment 4708287
View attachment 4708289

Ahhh, your collection is stunning! I need them all! haha
Thank you so much for sharing, so much eye candy indeed

Reactions: acrowcounted
Wow that is very helpful thank you for all the information! Emerald and grass green I've heard before, but sometimes these can vary in nature as well lol. I am trying to understand the true to color of VV...when you say emerald does it most resemble 1, 2 or 3 (or none of these haha)?

View attachment 4708427 View attachment 4708428 View attachment 4708429

Thank you so much again
Number one. No yellow undertone. It’s a pure, vibrant green which I wear with the same outfits I do the malachite even though they are very different. HTH. Most of the photos on the internet of the VV are pretty off, not as saturated/dark or gemmy green as real life. IMO anyway.

Last edited:
Number one. No yellow undertone. It’s a pure, vibrant green which I wear with the same outfits I do the malachite even though they are very different. HTH. Most of the photos on the internet of the VV are pretty off, not as saturated/dark or gemmy green as real life. IMO anyway.

I think my ideal would be more like 3...that would be most similar to Malachite maybe? Btw, I agree...love Malachite with silver hardware

I think my ideal would be more like 3...that would be most similar to Malachite maybe? Btw, I agree...love Malachite with silver hardware
Yes, definitely right. Malachite is blue/green. It’s beautiful and subtle. Google Christine Lagarde and Malachite Birkin. The images that come up are very accurate.

If I had a few bags, I would choose Malachite first. If you have already have all the workhorse neutrals, you find that you start hunting dramatic colors and skins. Go with Malachite. You will love it and prize it’s versatility with both jeans and a business suit. :no:

Yep. Just held your gem pictures up to my malachite and it’s definitely #3. I’d take a picture for you but the lighting is bad and it’s coming off way too blue than in real life.

Reactions: mmaston
Yes, definitely right. Malachite is blue/green. It’s beautiful and subtle. Google Christine Lagarde and Malachite Birkin. The images that come up are very accurate.

If I had a few bags, I would choose Malachite first. If you have already have all the workhorse neutrals, you find that you start hunting dramatic colors and skins. Go with Malachite. You will love it and prize it’s versatility with both jeans and a business suit. :no:

Oh yes I have seen those pictures! The color is really beautiful. My only hesitation is that I wonder if I would like VV more for that extra bit of brightness...but I did want it to have a hint of blue tone...so if it doesnt I probably would be disappointed. Thank you for all your help, I really appreciate it

Reactions: BagLady164
Yep. Just held your gem pictures up to my malachite and it’s definitely #3. I’d take a picture for you but the lighting is bad and it’s coming off way too blue than in real life.

How about your VV, does it look similar to any of the other Emerald pictures I posted? BagLady164 mentioned that it doesnt have the blue tone that some pictures show...which is the thing that I did like about it and made me think I may prefer it to Malachite. Does it have any turquoise quality at all?

How about your VV, does it look similar to any of the other Emerald pictures I posted? BagLady164 mentioned that it doesnt have the blue tone that some pictures show...which is the thing that I did like about it and made me think I may prefer it to Malachite. Does it have any turquoise quality at all?
Lighting is terrible right now - I will check first thing in the AM and report back!
I agree VV is a very true green with no yellow or blue. But i’ll look real hard in natural light.

Reactions: mmaston and Cygne18
Oh yes I have seen those pictures! The color is really beautiful. My only hesitation is that I wonder if I would like VV more for that extra bit of brightness...but I did want it to have a hint of blue tone...so if it doesnt I probably would be disappointed. Thank you for all your help, I really appreciate it
This image is from the Hermes website and is accurate IMO. No blue, pure green. My ostrich is deeper green but same hue. Very different than Malachite which, when they are together, brings out the blue in the Malachite because the VV is just green. HTH.

37EC5BDA-5134-454A-9A5C-B66F0830731C.png