Vernis vs Epi:Rose Ballerine Alma

lupe_048

Apr 11, 2012
After years of wanting the Alma I have finally decided to get it next week. I could not resist the Rose Ballerine color when I saw it, so i know for sure that is the color I'm going to get it in but Im not sure about the material. I think the Epi leather looks very elegant, but the vernis just looks so flawless. Which do you guys recommend? I don't really know the pros and cons to both materials because my only two LV bags are in canvas prints. I'm going in to the boutique to see both, but I want to already have my mind up on which one I'm going to choose. Here are the website pics of the two bags. Thanks for the help.:smile: I also already bought the pink trunks bandeau a month ago because I knew I was wanting to get the alma, so Im very happy that the rose ballerine color came out because I know the bandeau will look perfect on it! Now I just need help deciding the material.:smile:

Attachments

• IMG_2365.jpg
    IMG_2365.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 2,981
  • IMG_2366.jpg
    IMG_2366.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 2,821
I like the Epi better. I would also guess that it is more durable with the light colour. I read somewhere on here that light vernis pieces can get yellow over time and get stains from rain. I've a bright red vernis agenda and it has small stains from tissues, packets of gum etc. rubbing against it in my bag. I still like it and use it every day but I would choose Epi over Vernis for a bag. Also I find the silver looks beautiful with this colour. Good luck deciding!

Epi for me too as it is durable and easier to care for. The vernis is lovely but I wouldn't be able to fully enjoy it as would faffing about trying to ensure no color transfer in the long run especially with a light color bag.
However, if you love the vernis version, by all means get it as you need to be in [emoji173]️ in whatever you buy. Or else you won't be truly happy. GLD!

How picky are you with stains? Would it bother you? I know for me I don't worry much about wear and tear so I would pick Vernis! It is just STUNNING! - But epi is gorgeous too if you want a carefree durable bag. For me, wear and tear adds character to the bag and it makes it MINE - if that makes sense.

In terms of Pros and Cons, Vernis is prone to colour transfers as it is patent leather which is porous and makes it vulnerable to colour transfers - keep it away from receipts and printed papers. Epi is pretty indestructible as my grandma has one from over 20 years ago and it still looks STUNNING! For a colour like that though, it will have dirty edges, it's hard to avoid. But that is the same for all light coloured bags :smile:

Here is another thread with this question and pictures of both in BB size, maybe that will help you. Just a little search, I can't make it with the phone. I would chose Epi, it is more durable, no worries because of Color transfer and the silver HW looks better in my eyes. But when you see them , your heart will know which one [emoji4]

The Vernis Rose Ballerine is truly beautiful and an eye-catcher. Vernis leather are prone to colour transfer, especially the lighter colour ones. I have an Alma BB in the Vernis Citrine (pastel yellow), I think it is gorgeous and perfect colour but it is the most baby-ed bag in my collection. I'll admit that a part of me finds that rather annoying; I prefer fuss-free these days. The Epi would be more robust, especially against colour transfer in such a light colour, also more elegant and timeless. I have 3 Epi Louise clutches in pastel colours, I take them to bars and restuarants and never worry about ruining them.

At the end of the day, pick one that you would wear, that is what matters the most.

Epi for ease of care and more worry free use. With such a light color, I wouldn't want to have to baby it if I didn't plan on selling. I had the pomme d'amour vernis, a pretty dark color, and had color transfer issue.