Vernis...how badly does it scratch? (& other Q's)

I have had many, many vernis pieces now and I have to say, you DO NOT have to baby them so much. They don't scratch just from having something near them. I mean in order to really put a deep scratch into the material you would have to dig a key in or something.

As far as color transfer, the darker colors are fine, it's the lighter ones to worry about. As long as you don't park it in the sun, it shouldn't fade, and don't put it down on newspaper, printed paper, etc. and there shouldn't be any transfer either.

I mean, many of them are expensive items, so you don't want to be throwing it around anyway, just take a small amount of extra care with it and it should be fine. :smile:

I had the lighter color one I don't really baby it and it hold up very well to daily wear and tear. It's pretty tough against scratches, but mine was light and had dirt on the corners not from dirty surfaces just from being pulled in and out of my bags.

The capacity is similar to your MC cles. So that should give you some idea of what it can hold.
I carry the ones I have often, but not every day. I let my keys dangle bc there def is NOT enough room to put them inside. I try not to jam them into an overstuffed bag, so the keys don't scuff the vernis, but I'm really not a careful person. I have never had a scratch.
Also, there can still be color transfer with the darker colors, but it just will not be as noticeable as the darker color hides it better.
You'll be fine, If you have not had any trouble with your miroir, you will not have trouble with the cles. Enjoy it!

Michelle, do you happen to have a picture of how much the vernis cles can hold? Also, will it hold about the same as an epi cles? Thank you!!

Hey, K!

Hmm, I'd actuallyguess that you may get a tad more in a vernis cles, than a Mono Multi colour one. The Multi colour seems a bit more structured, and not so pliable as the vernis. I have both at home, so will check over the weekend and try and take a couple of pics, if you'd like, so you can see both together. (Must admit, I've never actually used either though, so can't be a hundred percent sure without checking them both out)

Let me know,

K
xx

That would be great! Thanks!

And thanks for the additional replies!

Michelle, do you happen to have a picture of how much the vernis cles can hold? Also, will it hold about the same as an epi cles? Thank you!!
I don't have any epi cles. I am fairly sure they hold more.
I can take a pic later for you bc I am at work...maybe try to search bc I think I remember seeing a thread about how much various types of cles hold (incl vernis)...I'll check for the thread for you too....:flowers:

I don't have any epi cles. I am fairly sure they hold more.
I can take a pic later for you bc I am at work...maybe try to search bc I think I remember seeing a thread about how much various types of cles hold (incl vernis)...I'll check for the thread for you too....:flowers:

Thank you! I'll search too. I know I've seen pictures of other types of cles and how much they can hold, but I don't remember seeing a picture of what you can fit into a vernis cles. I appreciate your help since I really want to buy the pomme d'amour cles tomorrow if they have it at the boutique. Fingers crossed!
M

My friend had a bronze Vernis wallet that she bought a couple of years ago. She use to keep it in the dust bag while it was in her purse. She was paranoid about it getting scratched. (I think I would do the same thing even though it would be a pain to take it out of the dust bag every day inside your purse.)

Thank you! I'll search too. I know I've seen pictures of other types of cles and how much they can hold, but I don't remember seeing a picture of what you can fit into a vernis cles. I appreciate your help since I really want to buy the pomme d'amour cles tomorrow if they have it at the boutique. Fingers crossed!
M
i can not find any threads that show pics of the contents of a vernis cles...what exactly do you want to hold inside?
also, if you can wait a week or two, the envelope clutch is coming out and it is sl larger than a cles, but with a key chain and holds more...that's what i'm planning on doing....
i need a bit more room inside that cute little bugger!

i can not find any threads that show pics of the contents of a vernis cles...what exactly do you want to hold inside?
also, if you can wait a week or two, the envelope clutch is coming out and it is sl larger than a cles, but with a key chain and holds more...that's what i'm planning on doing....
i need a bit more room inside that cute little bugger!

I suppose I'm just curious as to how many credit cards / how much cash it can fit. I don't carry much. But I do remember threads in which people mentioned that the vernis hold less than the other cles. I think because of the stitching, perhaps? So long as it can fit a couple of cards and a few folded bills comfortably, I will be happy!

I looked at the envelope clutch (since I am typically a big fan of that shape) and I'm not so keen on the strap. I couldn't tell from the look book pics that were posted if it was detachable. Since I saw your pictures I just NEED (need, i say!) to have something in the new vernis red. Funny, because I'd never thought about the vernis before. This forum, I swear!!

I suppose I'm just curious as to how many credit cards / how much cash it can fit. I don't carry much. But I do remember threads in which people mentioned that the vernis hold less than the other cles. I think because of the stitching, perhaps? So long as it can fit a couple of cards and a few folded bills comfortably, I will be happy!

I looked at the envelope clutch (since I am typically a big fan of that shape) and I'm not so keen on the strap. I couldn't tell from the look book pics that were posted if it was detachable. Since I saw your pictures I just NEED (need, i say!) to have something in the new vernis red. Funny, because I'd never thought about the vernis before. This forum, I swear!!

I don't know if the strap can be detached on the clutch.
I think you'll be ok with the vernis cles--a couple of cards and some bills, ok. I would try it out at the boutique when you go with what you would carry in it, and see if it works for you....good luck!:yes:

It does not scratch easily, actually it says "scratch resistant" and even if it does , you can hardly see it. I just checked my wallet of 5 years and I've to search really hard to find a scratch. (only visible at certain angle). So don't worry Karman. :yes:
Quote from LV website-

Special tanning techniques give the leather a glossy and sophisticated look and make it resistant to abrasion and scratches. However, we recommend you observe the following instructions, so you can enjoy your patent leather bag or accessory for many years.
Avoid prolonged contact with any materials that may transfer their color pigments onto the patent leather (magazines, other leathers).
- Store the article in the felt pouch provided to protect it.
- You should keep your bag dry and protect it from direct sources of heat (radiators, inside of cars in summer).
- Avoid exposure to sunlight, the color of your patent leather article may fade.
- Patent leather is permeable to grease and make-up. Keep them away from your article.
- Some small dark grains can be found under the varnish, due to the manufacturing process, without impacting on the quality of your product.
- To clean your bag, wipe it with a soft cloth.
In the event of a problem, please do not hesitate to contact any Louis Vuitton store.

will, 'baby' or not depends on how you treat your bags normally, even w/mono/Damier, some TPF already have a good practice handle them by not letting it sit on top of floor/on magazine, don't leave it in trunk, store it properly when not in use....it's standard to some while 'baby' in other's eyes, KWIM?

Yes :yes: You have all convinced me that a vernis needs to be part of my collection :graucho: