Venetia Owners - help!

bag.lover have you asked leshent about the bag? I know for a fact that Barney's gets special MJ styles esp in ltd. ed. colors. As a matter of fact, they were the only store that had the quilted Stellas in Bordeaux and Emerald so it is possible that there are variations.

and remember, I think it was Nordies that had all of their Hudsons with the canvas interior instead of teal leather because they thought the leather lined bags were too heavy.

So much to keep track of :upsidedown:. We'll keep checking for you.

Wicked, thank you so much for doing this. =) The Pearl Venetia might be the one similar to the listing posted by Grace (are you going for it Grace? LOL). I'm relieved now, it's pretty much safe to say that my bordeux venetia is authentic then? -)

wickedassin said:
This is what I saw at NM tonight--there were THREE quilted Venetias:

color: cream
lining color/material: twill/cream
This was obviously a Spring or Fall 2006 version--it had shiny gold hardware--HAD a pocket thingy and a zipper pocket

color: black
lining color/material: burgundy/suede
This was an "older" version, possibly icy leather and had brassy, antique hardware--JUST had a pocket thingy

color: "pearl"--according to the MJ tag on the bag
I think this was also an "older" version, possibly icy leather and had brassy, antique hardware--JUST had a zipper!

So I think there are lots of different versions.

After reading Wicked's post, I'm relieved now. It's safe for me to believe it's authentic now, no need to contact Leshent right? Just when you ladies convinced me that it's a keeper, I have this authenticity drama -- ioffer effect! =) This Venetia is very beautiful -- too yummy to be fake. If Leshent & Personalshoppers don't sell authentic stuffs, then who else can we shop from right? Heeheee.

Thank you everyone for looking out for me. Hopefully, we all learned something about Venetia from my nervousness. =)

The next question: When should I take her out for a spin? =)

harlem_cutie said:
bag.lover have you asked leshent about the bag?
I know for a fact that Barney's gets special MJ styles esp in ltd. ed. colors. As a matter of fact, they were the only store that had the quilted Stellas in Bordeaux and Emerald so it is possible that there are variations.

and remember, I think it was Nordies that had all of their Hudsons with the canvas interior instead of teal leather because they thought the leather lined bags were too heavy.

So much to keep track of :upsidedown:. We'll keep checking for you.

Grace, Wicked saw a Pearl Venetia (with zipped pocket only) at NM today. This could be the real deal like you said, hup, are you going for it? =)

gracefeng said:
I emailed the seller of this quilted Venetia on ebay. Hers looks authentic to me and was from NM with receipt. Anyways, she said that the one she is selling only has one zippered pocket. Here is the link to the auction. Hope it helps!

eBay: Marc Jacobs Quilted VENETIA handbag oyster AUTHENTIC!!! (item 150017736041 end time Aug-05-06 22:38:39 PDT)

bag.lover said:
The next question: When should I take her out for a spin? =)

This is such a great fall color. It will look really great as we get closer to fall and all of these other jewel toned colors start coming out.:flowers:

I almost bought the bordeaux quilted stella until I felt it and realized it weighed about 30 lbs. :wtf:

harlem_cutie said:
This is such a great fall color. It will look really great as we get closer to fall and all of these other jewel toned colors start coming out.:flowers:

I almost bought the bordeaux quilted stella until I felt it and realized it weighed about 30 lbs. :wtf:

Quilted Stella is heavy, need to have incredibly strong shoulder to carry it. LOL. =) I can't handle MJ bags with chains, they are too heavy for me.

I can rest this Bordeaux Venetia case right?
Kind of regret not getting Michael Kors Runaway Pump (was on sale at Nordies Anniversary Sale) in Burgundy now, I got it in Black though. Don't need to match shoes with bags right?

I'm so happy that you found out that your handbag is authentic. :yahoo:
I even felt nervous for you...

I was thinking that you should be able to tell just from the feel. My icy petrol MP is soft and mildly shiny. The surprise for me was how soft the suede lining felt.

So if your purse feels like your other MJ bags- heavy, yet gorgeous, then you are the new proud owner of an authentic bordeaux venetia handbag.

I also don't think you should wait to take it out. After all this trauma, you need to bond with Venetia right away- bring her out ASAP!!! I hardly ever bother to match the shoes with the bag, and I think that the big bordeaux quilted icy Venetia with matching shoes may be overkill- just wear your new black shoes, I'm sure you'll look fantastic!

wickedassin said:
color: "pearl"--according to the MJ tag on the bag
I think this was also an "older" version, possibly icy leather and had brassy, antique hardware--JUST had a zipper!
That sounds great! So perhaps burgandy venetia is suppose to have the zipper pocket.

Whew!! All's well that ends well! I'm so glad you've resolved the authenticity issue. Now you can have a good night's sleep. Tomorrow is a good day to take your bag out :yes: .

bag.lover said:
Grace, Wicked saw a Pearl Venetia (with zipped pocket only) at NM today. This could be the real deal like you said, hup, are you going for it? =)

No, I did a search for quilted Venetias so I could find a seller to ask about the pocket. I thought her Venetia looked real. Your bag is absolutely gorgeous! I am so glad your happy with it now! Can't wait to see it on you!:yes:

I seriously neglected this Bordeaux Venetia, it's only been out of its dustbag twice only. =( It was supposed to be a gift to my sister (ended up being too heavy & long for her) so I didn't really feel/touch the bag as much as my other MJs. Venetia's punishing me for ignoring her. Hehehee.

Agree with you that icy leather is soft & mildly shiny, it's just gorgeous. I like it more than regular quilted leather.

I'm having a so-so week (under the weather, in rags, car ran over metal pieces on the road yesterday, etc), will bond with her when I'm off from work next week. =) Thanks for the tip on color-matching, burgundy shoes + bordeaux bag would be an overkill. =) That's why I always buy Black -- goes with everything. =)

Thanks JoeyJimmy. =)

joeyjimmy said:
I'm so happy that you found out that your handbag is authentic. :yahoo:
I even felt nervous for you...

I was thinking that you should be able to tell just from the feel. My icy petrol MP is soft and mildly shiny. The surprise for me was how soft the suede lining felt.

So if your purse feels like your other MJ bags- heavy, yet gorgeous, then you are the new proud owner of an authentic bordeaux venetia handbag.

I also don't think you should wait to take it out. After all this trauma, you need to bond with Venetia right away- bring her out ASAP!!! I hardly ever bother to match the shoes with the bag, and I think that the big bordeaux quilted icy Venetia with matching shoes may be overkill- just wear your new black shoes, I'm sure you'll look fantastic!

abaglover said:
Whew!! All's well that ends well! I'm so glad you've resolved the authenticity issue. Now you can have a good night's sleep. Tomorrow is a good day to take your bag out :yes: .

Abaglover, thanks. =) Yup, I had a good night of rest yesterday -- I actually overslept & had to rush to work. No chance to switch my stuffs to the new bag yet. Taking her out next week. =)

I'm tempted to get the Juicy bowler after seeing your Juicy bags. =) Are they (the materials) hard to maintain?

gracefeng said:
No, I did a search for quilted Venetias so I could find a seller to ask about the pocket. I thought her Venetia looked real. Your bag is absolutely gorgeous! I am so glad your happy with it now! Can't wait to see it on you!:yes:

Grace, thanks for your time too. =) I need to get SD for my camera, both my Costcos are out of them.

Your MJ collection is very nice too. =)

thithi said:
That sounds great! So perhaps burgandy venetia is suppose to have the zipper pocket.

Yup, it must be real; can't thank Wicked & everyone here enough.
It's too beautiful to be fake, plus, it's purchased from Leshent who personally bought it at BNY; I was scared that the faked ones have gotten sooo good that we (& BNY SAs) can be fooled too. All those listings on ioffers really freaked me out.

Thanks Thithi. =)