VCA ~ Van Cleef Arpels Discussion thread!

Hahaha, I never ever considered a second piercing...and now, at my age, with all this talk am cool pics I was starting to think about getting one!!! I love the look of the small and the mini Frivole together!

Am I mistaken in thinking that a piercing will eventually close up if you don't use it? I recall in the recesses of my mind DH telling me he used to have one. I was merciless, he said he had a gold hoop (I guess like Rob Lowe circa 1986) and all I could mentally picture was big old lady hoop earrings!!!! But there is no hole in his earlobe.

My husband had one ear pierced in his twenties. He is in his 50's now. The hole never closed up and he hates it! Whenever colleagues at his work notice it, they tease him and give him so much flak! I guess it's just really incongruous with who he is now. Lol

Hahaha, I never ever considered a second piercing...and now, at my age, with all this talk am cool pics I was starting to think about getting one!!! I love the look of the small and the mini Frivole together!

Am I mistaken in thinking that a piercing will eventually close up if you don't use it? I recall in the recesses of my mind DH telling me he used to have one. I was merciless, he said he had a gold hoop (I guess like Rob Lowe circa 1986) and all I could mentally picture was big old lady hoop earrings!!!! But there is no hole in his earlobe.
I can't get an earring through at this point but you can still see where the hole was and I really regret that.

Reactions: nicole0612
Tried to quote the above but it didn't work!

Believe it or not, I was given grief for getting ONE hole pierced in each ear as a teenager! My mother and grandmother took me to have it done as a birthday present, and when I got home, my dad just shook his head is disgust. He was a tough guy to please growing up. My DD has a nose ring now (she's 19). I don't love that she has it, but I was determined not to be the grumpy, overly strict and judgemental parent. Lol

Great story! [emoji92]
Men sometimes just don't get it. When DD was an infant, DH said to let her decide as a teenager whether to get her ears pierced or not. I didn't subscribe to the same philosophy and took her to the mall the next day and got it done. Funny enough, she's 14 now, loves jewelry and thanks me for getting it done as her friends are paralyzed by fear to get their ears pierced. [emoji1]

It was my one and only act of defiance.
I did not ask permission.....otherwise I was a very preppy college student. I thought i was so cool with that double piercing. LOL

Had my ears pierced by a doctor when I was 4 years old. The holes were perfectly placed, so I didn't even have an excuse for a second piercing [emoji30]

Sadly, I was not the rebellious type - just pout for a few days [emoji23]

Hi ladies, just FYI that I've been informed that some of the independent VCA boutiques are now required to charge tax when they ship out of state to certain states, including California. Not sure if it applies to all the independents (I don't know all of them), but Naples, Boca Raton and Aspen all seem to have adapted this policy, perhaps because they all have the same parent company. Please comment if you've heard anything further!

I am uncertain about all boutiques across the country (US) regarding the tax free shipping policy but I heard that the boutique in Short Hills, NJ will be having tax free shipping only for one more week. The new policy will take effect 4/1. Ashley, a sweet and really good SA, says that they may be one of the last boutiques doing the tax free shipping.

I may have to bite the bullet and buy a few things I was hoping to put off and check off the box slowly over the next couple years. Tax free shipping plus a price decrease will be deadly for my wallet.

I am uncertain about all boutiques across the country (US) regarding the tax free shipping policy but I heard that the boutique in Short Hills, NJ will be having tax free shipping only for one more week. The new policy will take effect 4/1. Ashley, a sweet and really good SA, says that they may be one of the last boutiques doing the tax free shipping.

I may have to bite the bullet and buy a few things I was hoping to put off and check off the box slowly over the next couple years. Tax free shipping plus a price decrease will be deadly for my wallet.

I'm pretty curious about this--does this mean it's tax free when shipped to all states or just states without VCA?

My SA told me that there may be a price increase in Europe in April... I really don't get it. Anyway I finally paid a deposit for the BTF butterfly ring in pink sapphire/diamond. Unfortunately my size isn't available so it will take 2-5 months to make one. I had so much fun trying on all the rings in the store. My sweet SA also gave me some flowers afterwards [emoji16]IMG_1490635397.650201.jpgIMG_1490635418.285086.jpgIMG_1490635436.719800.jpg

Since I was there I also had to try on the frivole peices. I like them but felt that maybe they're too big for my hand IMG_1490635536.081684.jpg IMG_1490635592.538214.jpg

My SA also got me to try on this butterfly for fun but I really did not like it IMG_1490635652.072155.jpgView attachment 3647838