Valentines day -- what did you get?

What do you mean Charles....no romanticism??? Those were all very thoughtful ...romantic...gestures....
"thoughtful" goes a long way in my book....
You did great!!

No no...I think I'm romantic! I do stuff like that all the time. I just don't like the idea of feeling required to do that on a specific day in order to "prove" my love. Ya know?

i didn't want flowers b/c my cats would eat them and get sick....so I rec'd a 4qt. All-clad stainless saucer w/lid - yippee, it's the largest saucer at Williams-Sonoma - I love it!!! I also rec'd a hot pink North Face jacket - I also picked it out.

So SO asks me "What did the ladies on your forum get for Valentine's Day". I tell him "Lots of them got flowers...I never get flowers :sad:.." Then he tells me that next time he'll buy me flowers and not textbooks. What do you think?

i placed an order late last night (well... early this morning--it was about 3 am or so) for a damier azur speedy 25, thanks to the help from a lovely pf'er (maritza1973). i've been waiting for them to be in stock forever! it just so happened to be valentine's day, so i figured i deserve it and it's a nice treat for myself.

i've always been single on valentine's day... none of my short-lived relationships ever lasted till this holiday. however, i do get cards from my nephew every year... you know those cards they give to fellow classmates. and i always get candy too, so that always makes my day!

So SO asks me "What did the ladies on your forum get for Valentine's Day". I tell him "Lots of them got flowers...I never get flowers :sad:.." Then he tells me that next time he'll buy me flowers and not textbooks. What do you think?

:yes: Flowers, chocolates, strawberry and champagne, dinner out.

BF is away in Boston, will be home tomorrow, so he set up this scavengar hunt type game where he called my nail place and got a mani pedi, then when I got home from that, flowers were at my door.. then a package with a *scndalous* powerpoint and lingeire... ill stop now..

I got three-dozen roses with a dozen stargazer lillies, chocolates and a stripping frog :wtf: .

IMO Flowers are SOOO OVER-RATED! They just die in a week or so! I think the gift you received was thoughtful and personal!?! Plus you can keep it forever! The flowers go in the garbage!! :sad:

I like the textbook!!! :lol: My hubby would love something like that.

I forbid DH from buying anything other than a card this year. We need to save $$. So I made him breakfast as his gift (challah French toast with fresh berries, powdered sugar, and warm maple syrup), and he's making dinner as my gift (home made Caesar salad, roasted veggie panini, and chocolate souffle).

He also got to stay home from work today; SNOW DAY!! :wlae:

OMG I can't believe how INCREDIBLY thoughtful all your guys are....giving you such personal gifts that show how much time and thought they put into it. My husband would never, EVER do that for me. Sit down and think of a special, personalized way to surprise and please me? HA! Every year, I count myself lucky if he even remembers to say Happy Valentine's Day. A gift too? Nope. I'm sure this year will be the same. (I always get him a special gift tho. Lucky for him I enjoy surprising him with little things)