Valentines day -- what did you get?

So SO asks me "What did the ladies on your forum get for Valentine's Day". I tell him "Lots of them got flowers...I never get flowers :sad:.." Then he tells me that next time he'll buy me flowers and not textbooks. What do you think?

I think it was good you told him about what others got. :yes: Maybe he doesn't really know how to go about choosing gifts. I know my brothers have this problem and I always help them. Your book sounds challenging!

Nothing so far, I really don't expect much. BF and I are in school mode, he has a big midterm tomorrow. Plus, we're trying to save for our upcoming trip to Europe! I did get him a card and wrote him out something on some pretty paper (writing is my thing) :smile: But my roommate did get some pretty flowers! And she has champagne for later on that we'll celebrate with.

Let's see - what did I get for Valentine's Day? I get to sit at the front desk and call everyone else when they get their flowers delivered. Good times!

Tonight will be cooking dinner with DH and a quiet night at home.

My DH had roses delivered to my office and I had a message on my voicemail of him singing "You are so Beautiful". ... and the day is not over yet!
Can't wait for tonight!:graucho:

This is too sweet:love: yew lucky girl yew!!!!

I warned DH that if he's going to get me roses, he'd do it first thing in the morning because I don't want to get carnations hehehehhe. Our anniversary is on the 16th. V-day is just a teaser for us :biggrin:

I got three-dozen roses with a dozen stargazer lillies, chocolates and a stripping frog :wtf: .

IMO Flowers are SOOO OVER-RATED! They just die in a week or so! I think the gift you received was thoughtful and personal!?! Plus you can keep it forever! The flowers go in the garbage!! :sad:

A stripping FROG? A frog that takes it's clothes off? :roflmfao::roflmfao:

It's sweet of him to buy me the textbook (I mean, he hasn't studied physics since high school so buying me this meant he had to spend a lot of time hunting down a good textbook for my line of research, something that WILL come in useful over many years)

I have to go beyond the non-romance of the gift and think of how much trouble he took to find me the exactly right book...thanks for putting it in perspective, Crystal!!

BF got me:
Botox:shame: (it was time for my usual 12 week "dose" today right between my eyebrows so I don't look like I'm mad all of the time:P )

LV Azur Cles (wanna see if I like this line so I wanted to start with something small )

A pair of Rock & Republic jeans

Tickets to see the American Ballet Theatre on tour down here in Miami (that's on March 11th though) They are my FAVORITE ballet company. Used to go see them all of the time when I lived in NY.:love:

and dinner tonight :smile:

I just got flowers (delivered) and this morning he gave me a card and Uggs, ok maybe it doesn't sound THAT romantic, but they are chocolate :love:, and it is really cold here today. I gave him a DVD he wanted, clothes (he's worse than I am) and tonight we are actually going out to dinner, we have 6 kids so this is a treat! Hope everyone has a great day today too!

Hmmm not happy with flowers? My husband bought me a beautiful plant with a wonderful card.. I guess I am not a demanding wife because I just love it! I am thankful to have a husband who takes the time to show his love..Personally, a "I love You" would be fine with me, I am just happy to have a wonderful healthy happy family! Some women I know get nothing from there hubbies so I feel blessed