valentina satchel

The bronze Valentina is still available at the Bay dwntwn. I couldn't believe my eyes when I first saw the mark down price on Jan 2nd but today I checked: $188. Additional 30% off and by Friday, another 15% off if you use HBC credit. It will only be $113 if anybody wants to grab it. It's in great condition so nothing to worry about there.

After combing through various other designers-- marc jacobs, balenciaga, rebecca minkoff, LV, Tory Burch, Prada, I FINALLY found the satchel I have been dreaming of in Botkier's Valentina satchel!!

I wanted one that could be dressed up or down, with QUALITY leather, that slouches, so that it's not too structured, but not slouch TOO much like some other brands. I've read time again how good her leather is, and it looks so yummy and PERFECT for what I envisioned. And, I found this bag at the right time, too. Because my favorite parts of the bag are the d rings for the handles so that they can drop and that chain strap!! Both of which are new on the latest versions.

Best of all, AWESOME price point. I was 2 sec away from getting a balenciaga (even though I wasn't in love), but then I found this & the price was the cherry on top!

I had to make this post to support this designer. More people need to know about her (plus, she's a fellow NYer ;) )! Can't wait to get my bag! :smile:

I almost bought the chocolate leather Valentina today at the Bay dwntwn. It's $318 with another 40% off. I'm not positive but there might be another 15% off if you use HBC credit. I'm trying SO hard to be 'good' and not over shop! Ugh...I really liked it though.

I almost bought the chocolate leather Valentina today at the Bay dwntwn.

Did you end up getting it? :graucho: I think the brown/chocolate is gorgeous in the smooth leather.

I got my Valentina in Cherry recently for a steal online. It has the leather strap, not the chain. Not sure if the chain is strong enough for what I usually carry. Hadn't ever seen it in person but I loved how it looked online. I'm really loving the functionality of the Valentina bag, it is not too big nor too small and it is easy to find things in it. Maybe the narrow depth and the corners are sewn in such a way that it can stand upright a bit.

Did you end up getting it? :graucho: I think the brown/chocolate is gorgeous in the smooth leather.

I got my Valentina in Cherry recently for a steal online. It has the leather strap, not the chain. Not sure if the chain is strong enough for what I usually carry. Hadn't ever seen it in person but I loved how it looked online. I'm really loving the functionality of the Valentina bag, it is not too big nor too small and it is easy to find things in it. Maybe the narrow depth and the corners are sewn in such a way that it can stand upright a bit.

No I didn't :angel: I'm trying to be SO good :blush:
Of course, she has been snatched up like I knew she would be.
One of the problems of over-shopping in the past (in a really bad way) is that now, I simply have to practice walking away...even if it makes sense to buy!!!! Oh well...it's ok...I still own an awful lot of lovely handbags but yea, this lovely soft dark chocolate was really nice! A very practical bag too.

No I didn't :angel: I'm trying to be SO good :blush:
Of course, she has been snatched up like I knew she would be.
One of the problems of over-shopping in the past (in a really bad way) is that now, I simply have to practice walking away...even if it makes sense to buy!!!! Oh well...it's ok...I still own an awful lot of lovely handbags but yea, this lovely soft dark chocolate was really nice! A very practical bag too.

I know what you mean... I had planned on a bag ban this year due to my poor rotation of what I have already. The discounts I see are so hard to resist but I am working hard at not wanting so much. I chose Botkier, and had to stop lusting over the other designers like Rebecca Minkoff, etc. I am convinced if I am able to choose only the best out of a group of wishlist bags, and leave the rest behind, I'll be okay!

I know what you mean... I had planned on a bag ban this year due to my poor rotation of what I have already. The discounts I see are so hard to resist but I am working hard at not wanting so much. I chose Botkier, and had to stop lusting over the other designers like Rebecca Minkoff, etc. I am convinced if I am able to choose only the best out of a group of wishlist bags, and leave the rest behind, I'll be okay!

Yea, I'm sure most tPF members are in the same boat. My collection just ballooned in the last few years! Luckily, I've lost interest in some brands such as RM !? Nothing against them but yea...I have 5 (I think) RM bags and that's fine for me. I'm doing the same with MbMJ too...just too many bags, period. As a New Year's resolution, I'm supposed to shop from my own closet :giggles:

Still enjoying my Valentina very much :smile:. I'm out with it and things *always* get hectic with the kids -- I found everything I needed within reach in the Valentina, including my magnifying glass for reading pharmacy labels at Target! The magnifier goes right into the front pocket for fast access. I think it is because it is a slim but roomy silhouette but not cramped at all.

I doubled up on the shoulder strap by using a mini carabiner through one of the D-rings, so the bag stays close to my body. If I see a good discount, I want to spring for another Valentina with the new hardware and chain.

Still enjoying my Valentina very much :smile:. I'm out with it and things *always* get hectic with the kids -- I found everything I needed within reach in the Valentina, including my magnifying glass for reading pharmacy labels at Target! The magnifier goes right into the front pocket for fast access. I think it is because it is a slim but roomy silhouette but not cramped at all.

I doubled up on the shoulder strap by using a mini carabiner through one of the D-rings, so the bag stays close to my body. If I see a good discount, I want to spring for another Valentina with the new hardware and chain.
They are having and online sale today on the Botkier site. 50% off select bags