Vachetta Borough Reveal!!

Stunning!!! It's a beautiful bag but white vachetta scares the crap outta me! Please do let us know how she ages!

thanks! will do :smile:

My vachetta Borough arrived! Looks just like the pics in this thread so I did not take more....but wanted to say that it is truly stunning IRL. Worth every penny IMO, it is a truly gorgeous bag. My first thought was "oh, I need to frame this bag and just look at it forever...." It is amazing, and I can only hope that it ages as well as the Caroline thread we all saw. If any of you are considering it, GO FOR IT!!!! It is beautiful!

you should post pictures if you can - they'd probably be better than mine :P i can never seem to master the art of indoor lighting. congrats on yours! i'm excited to see how they age :smile:

I keep coming back to this thread to look at this bag. I love vachetta leather. This is a beauty.

I have been waiting to see this one show up on TPF. I love it! Congratulations!

I realllllly want something Vachetta so I can get my oils all over it.

haha - love this way of putting it :smile:

Gorgeous bag! I can't wait to keep up with your patina progress reports. ��

thanks all! i will definitely report back. someone suggested taking pictures of it in the same space/same background so i can kind of do a time lapse sequence. i think that's a great idea, so now i've just got to pick my spot.

That vachetta Borough is really gorgeous! Very classy but I can still see that you can wear it in casual and dressy situations. Would love to see how the vachetta ages and handles everyday use. I think vachetta is lovely after it's been worn for awhile--it gets a special character from being carried that makes it a bit more worldly and special.

definitely agree - i love how vachetta ages. normally i'm really paranoid about light colored bags, but i like untreated leather and how it gets character from its owner as it gets use.

Did you order this bag from Jax? I don't see vachetta on Coach.com? It's a beaut!

i ordered through my store, but a couple of people called jax to order. not sure when it'll appear on the website. i think there's supposed to be a large too coming out, not sure about a mini.

Last edited:
No worries. I reread your thread and saw my answer. I was wanting to know if you would treat the bag. I saw that you are going to use Apple Garde Spray protectant. I own the Poppy Whipstitch Hobo 19004 in natural. It was listed as vachetta leather and it has never patinad or darkened at all. I was bummed about it as I wanted a vachetta bag that would darken and develop character over time. I already own one Coach Vachetta bag in the Ergo large turnlock tote. It is a lovely honey brown color.

I am considering the Vachetta Borough and I really need for it to Patina because that would be the only color I consider as Coach is not making the Borough in the Milk walnut (28160) that I originally wanted.

thanks very much for your response.

Thedseer, did you spray your Borough with the AG yet? How did it come out? Your speedy handles look so beautiful, love that color!

i haven't sprayed with AG yet but will this weekend and will report back. i'm looking forward to seeing the bag age into a hopefully nice honey brown color. we shall see!

thanks again everyone! hopefully i replied to everyone - i'm new to using the multiquote and have not mastered it yet.

i've had a bunch of questions about protecting the bag - for now, all i'm planning to do is spray with apple guard, just as a precaution. i normally don't treat my bags but think this is a good idea for vachetta. i'm first going to test it out on the strap to make sure all goes well. i can take some pictures of the strap vs. the rest of the bag after i spray (assuming there is any difference at all) and will report back. i don't mind being the guinea pig :smile: i probably won't get around to AG until this weekend, but i promise to let you know how it goes.

other than that, i'm not sure if i'll do anything else for now.

and i'll take periodic pictures of the bag in the same place to document the patina over time.

oops, some of my multiquotes went a little wonky. hopefully i fixed most of it, but sorry if i missed you! and if i accidentally missed a question, let me know.

i took some mod shots too as promised, so i'll be posting those shortly so you get an idea of the adjustable strap...

for reference, i'm about 5'5" but i have a long torso.

normal:
0204140855_zps2f35b2d7.jpg

shortest strap (i *kind* of wish this could go a little shorter):
0204140856_zps8cbf8928.jpg

two pictures on the longest setting:
0204140856a_zps22e1f0c1.jpg

0204140857_zpsa9d4a9fb.jpg

and lastly, attempting - and failing - to take a sunlight pic:
0204140858_zps0d45834b.jpg

normal:

It looks great, especially with that outfit!

I was just thinking, when I start using my Borough it'll be nice and light and perfect for spring. If I consistently use it, maybe by fall it would develop a nice light patina....transitioning with the seasons!

normal:

Thanks for posting more pix! I love the longer strap! Great color for spring! Congrats again! :biggrin:

Does this purse fit a macbook air or a 13" macbook? Or A4-sized documents? I'm hoping to get it but I'd like to use it for work and the large borough is much too large for me!

i took some mod shots too as promised, so i'll be posting those shortly so you get an idea of the adjustable strap...

I keep coming back and looking at your pictures...I am beginning to worry that I am going to break down and order this bag! LOL :lol:

And, I don't need another one...but...I am soooo tempted!

Have you cut the tags and worn it yet?

normal:

Love the mod shots! You can take the long strap to a shoe/leather repair store and have them punch additional holes to make it shorter.