UPDATE #1: LV DRAMA of the year...

Wow, thanks for the update! It sounds like they are really trying to make it right now, and I am glad you will be getting back the original bag that meant so much to you. I think you should be getting a VIP gift. :yes: Please keep us posted!

I'm putting in my vote for a $100 gift card... I would also demand a handwritten apology from the SA who messed up. It's the least she could do for screwing up and being dishonest.

I'm so glad things are being fixed though!

JOHO said:
He first began by exlpaining to me how difficult heat-stamping is and the precision and accuracy that is needed for a person to successfully heat-stamp a speedy (blah.. blah.. blah). I knew then that my original speedy was abused and damaged. What happened was that an SA (one who has never even stamped a speedy! :rant: ) tried to stamp my purse and didn't account for the D-ring on the inside of the purse. He damaged my purse and didn't know what to do. The manager continues on to tell me that the SA who called me to inform me that my purse was ready to be picked up, was the one who decided to resolve this issue by simply stamping a new purse on the right-hand tab and not the left.

Wow, I guess I'm surprised that the SA's have the authority to just 'grab a new bag' if another has been damaged (and maybe they don't but, if it were me, I can't imagine making a decision like that without checking with a manager first!). We are, after all, talking about an item that retails for over $600 which now cannot be sold to another customer.

What is LV's normal policy for handling situations like this because I'm sure there have been other cases where heat-stamping has been unacceptable? Do they replace the bag completely, send it out for repair, or leave the decision to the customer?

I'm so glad they're taking steps to remedy the situation...good luck and please keep us posted!

Gosh, I am happy for you! Hope they throw in some freebies to cheer you up a little.:love:

Can they simply find a "made in france" bag and stamp it for you? Would that be faster? Or you insisted on the one that your bf bought you?

I really like how you didn't go all "and I want a gift card and I want a VIP gift" -- you just said what you said and left it to them to realize what else they should do to make it up to you beyond the obvious repair and return of your original bag.

That said, I hope they do something extra-special!

(And I'm glad to hear that the St Louis people know how to do heat-stamping correctly. Maybe I'll wait and get my wallet stamped next time I'm there instead of having it done here in VA.)

I hadn't read your original thread, so I went back and read it, and I just want to applaud you on how you handled the situation, I would've been off my rocker!:lol: But really, I'm glad that they're fixing their mistake, and hope you get a wonderful compensation, and your original bag!:yes: