UPDATE #1: LV DRAMA of the year...

Lola24 said:
Wow, I'm so happy to hear things are on the right track now. This whole situations doesn't even surprise me anymore, customer service has been going down hill so much lately that even the highest end stores are experiencing it.....I can't help but feel like some of the sales associates I deal with feel like they're doing ME a favor! And the more expensive things get I feel like the worse the service is, this just makes me buy online.......I worked in retail for many years in my previous life, and if I ever treated a customer like I've been treated I would have forced myself out of that job even sooner because it would be obvious to me that it's not a good fit...

I totally agree w/ you on that one, Lola24!!! I recently experienced terrible customer service from the Saks in NYC. I mean WE are their bread & butter & I just don't get these people's attitudes. All I wanted to do was to order another purse from the nice SA that helped me out there originally but kept getting the runaround on when he was there or that he was on break, etc. etc. After calling 3 times one day, I gave up. The next day I called & one of the SA's that picked up the day before gave me attitude saying that she had already given me my SA's ext. # when I asked for it again!!!! I guess she remembered that I called yesterday. You would think that if I called yesterday & am calling back today, it's pretty important. Anyways, I'm concluding that those SA's never gave my SA my messages. Who knows what crazy competition they have against each other there. I winded up calling another Saks & they ended up ordering the bag from the NYC store bc their store didn't have it! Needless to say I left a very long & stern voicemail on the NYC Saks handbag manager's mailbox! It's sad that I had to stress out over checking up on an order & buying another handbag. My messages were only given to him when finally I told one of the SA's that it was an urgent matter & I needed to get a hold of him immediately!! Lo & behold, he calls me back right away!! In the end, he winded up giving me his personal cell # so I wouldn't have to go through this again. But seriously, has it come down to this? The sheer act of buying something we love was completely ruined by BAD customer service!!!
Good customer service seems like a rare jewel these days which is very very sad!!!:censor::hysteric:

JoHo - I'm glad this was resolved satisfactorily. And I'm especially impressed and glad you told him the rest of your feelings. You expressed yourself exceptionally. I hope you get compensated correctly. Keep us posted!:yes:

Wow, I really didn't think of what would happen to the SA that intentionally deceived me. The manager said that he had spoken to her and that he will address this matter again to her to reinforce what is LV protocol in situations like this. But really, I hope she doesn't get fired over this.

I understand that while she works for LV, she represents LV, but I think she was really scared about ruining a handbag and did what we would all initially think to do. Which I guess is saving your butt first. Regardless, just because that thought crosses your mind, doesn't mean that you don't have an angel sitting on your other shoulder telling you to do what is right...

*sigh* Too much LV drama... should I just give it all up? Pfffttt who am I kidding?! :lol:

JOHO said:
Wow, I really didn't think of what would happen to the SA that intentionally deceived me. The manager said that he had spoken to her and that he will address this matter again to her to reinforce what is LV protocol in situations like this. But really, I hope she doesn't get fired over this.

I understand that while she works for LV, she represents LV, but I think she was really scared about ruining a handbag and did what we would all initially think to do. Which I guess is saving your butt first. Regardless, just because that thought crosses your mind, doesn't mean that you don't have an angel sitting on your other shoulder telling you to do what is right...

*sigh* Too much LV drama... should I just give it all up? Pfffttt who am I kidding?! :lol:

I doubt she would get fired. And I don't think the situation merits her being fired. I wonder if she even noticed the new bag was made in the US and not France or if she just grabbed a bag. Or she probably didn't think you would be such a stickler for where it was made. :shrugs:

Anyway, on another note...I never knew that some bags did not say made in France. Mine all do, but I just looked after reading your thread. Interesting.

Good for you for sticking up for yourself!! You are absolutely right, we spend a lot of money on these bags and should be treated accordingly! I hope their going to compensate you somehow!