Underwhelmed??? or is it just ME???

The RVif is a darker red. In comparison, the Tomato is a shade brighter and with a slight orange undertone which I only picked up when I held the RVif next to it. Looking at Tomoto alone, it looks like a vibrant red bag, but with RVif next to it, I saw that RVif is a more red red with a slight blue undertone. Tomato is red red with that orangey undertone (and its a shade brighter). I didn't like it (and the leather on the tomato was kinda waxy which I didn't like too much).

Hope that helps a bit...

Thanks so much for answering my multiple questions!!!:heart: I originally hoped Tomato to be darker red....more like 03 Red or RT, but if Tomato has less orange undertones than Rouge Verm, and closer to 04 True Red(which is a tomato color, I think), maybe this is for me...
Do you think it's something that could be worn off when broken in, and it'll be smooshy and soft?

I'm not a big neutrals fan, but I'm going to in typical fashion break with the crowd and say that I LOVE the offerings this fall. The leather is consistently thick and chewy and the colors are great fall colors. If you already have a stable of tons of Bbags, this fall won't bring anything terribly out of the ordinary. But if I were buying my first few Bbags and looking for staples, I'd love this season's bags. I particularly love the silver hardware on the Tomato, Ocean and Steel. The leather is out of this world and ultimately it's the leather quality that will make or break a season's collection.

I just think Balenciaga screwed up a bit, I mean, how do you screw up a blue bag!? I'm very underwhelmed as well, but I do think steel will make a classic addition to anyones colection.

My thoughts exactly about the blue. Especially after French Blue and Periwinkle, to come out with such an ugly blue this season??? :tdown:

I'm not a big neutrals fan, but I'm going to in typical fashion break with the crowd and say that I LOVE the offerings this fall. The leather is consistently thick and chewy and the colors are great fall colors. If you already have a stable of tons of Bbags, this fall won't bring anything terribly out of the ordinary. But if I were buying my first few Bbags and looking for staples, I'd love this season's bags. I particularly love the silver hardware on the Tomato, Ocean and Steel. The leather is out of this world and ultimately it's the leather quality that will make or break a season's collection.

Well, what about the colors? Leather quality has to be good, sure, but how bad does it have to be on a bag that costs over a grand? Better be good for that kind of money. To me, good leather is a given for that kind of money, and I want colors that no other brand has. So if Balenciaga going to come out with colors that I can find in any brand, I am not buying Balenciaga. Jut my take on it.

Well, what about the colors? Leather quality has to be good, sure, but how bad does it have to be on a bag that costs over a grand? Better be good for that kind of money. To me, good leather is a given for that kind of money, and I want colors that no other brand has. So if Balenciaga going to come out with colors that I can find in any brand, I am not buying Balenciaga. Jut my take on it.
I love Tomato, Ocean and Steel. I wasn't crazy about Vermillion, but love Tomato. These colors are still far more interesting and appealing than I find on other brand of bags. The silver hardware gives the colors a different flavor altogether.

Good leather is not a given. There are countless threads on this subforum devoted just to the quality and variation of leather on Bbags. It's always worth noting that this season's leather is FABULOUS. I've seen this even on the bags I've seen at NM in Denver, which usually gets the crappiest pickins of the litter.

I'm not really disappointed with the colors choices as much as the actual colors now that they have been released.

I expected Mastic, Ocean and Steel to just be richer and deeper in color. Hard to explain...but the colors just aren't as pretty to me as they could be.

part of what i love about b bags are all the different choices...while i tend to be drawn to darker more neutral shades i know others prefer the bright and vibrant...but taste is so subjective...as it should be...i guess i'm just hesitant to be really negative about a color that another member may have just bought...

I haven't seen any of the colors in real life yet - so I can't really tell about the colors yet. But I really think the leather looks drool worthy - and I just CANT wait any longer for Violet/grape.... My expectations are high - and I'm sure they will be fulfilled :yes: Always have been an optimist!!

I think the colors are too neutral and a bit boring.

Well.....this just makes me want to look forward to next seasons colors. I can just imagine the greens and blues......... hmmmm

:sweatdrop::love:

I have to say that I think the fall colors are definitely not as vibrant as the spring colors, but then again I fell in love with French blue as my first bbag love. Since I need a neutral bbag, it doesn't really bother me that most of the fall colors seem neutral, but Spring 2008 I will be ready to see bright colors again!

I saw some of the F/W 07 bags with silver GH yesterday and also had mixed feelings. The GH was lovely but it was the bag colors that weren't so impressive (at least not at first glance). Ocean was not as vibrant as I'd hoped. I wasn't keen on Cinnamon either. Steel and Olive (?) were my faves and quite stunning with SGH but still, I didn't feel that usual jolt of desire. Maybe these colors will grow on me?

It is actually hard to distinguish some of the new colors from each other, maybe it was just the lighting at NM, but I had to study them to tell ocean from plomb from black. All were pretty, just very close in indoor lighting. I thought cinnamon and sienna were great and mastic very nice.