Underwhelmed??? or is it just ME???

I have been very disappointed with the colors that have been released so far for Fall 07. I really thought they would be WOW and they just seem a little boring.... Anyone else feel this way?

I completely share your feelings. Bearing in mind I've only seen Ocean, Mastic, Cinnamon, tabac and dark olive. Here we are coming up to summer, and these just seem really dull to me and some very similar to last seasons shades, i.e. cafe & sandstone.

I think most of the colors being released right now are "safe" colors. More on the neutral (and some would say boring) side. Those are the type of colors I like, so I am loving a lot of the fall colors: mastic, sienna, plomb, cinnamon, dark olive - I only wish I had the money to buy all of the bags I want.

But, if you are not a neutral bag girl or if you feel like you have those bases covered already I can see how you might be bored by these new colors.

ITA! I actually like a lot of the colors but I already have a lot of neutrals. I'm finding myself drawn to the Sienna and Olive especially. I just don't know if I can work them into my wardrobe without doing some major clothes shopping. My chocolate 05 city and my anthra bags work really well with my current fall wardrobe.

Well the plomb might prove to be very popular, we haven't seen enough pics yet.
I am underwhelmed but then I did not have high expectations, none of the new colors "spoke" to me. I already have basics...
And there are just too many blues, reds and browns already. It's hard to get excited.
However the leather looks divine. I can't wait until I see it IRL.

The first SA I talked to, who had seen the fall colors at market, told me they were nice, but for the most part just minor variations on previous colors, and not always variations for the better. I always want to block stuff like that out, but she was pretty accurate, I think. That said, I often/almost always go through a phase of build up, some initial disappointment as to the colors I THOUGHT I most wanted, and then I see more bags and love some other color I thought I'd hate. I never get so lucky that I just hate them all!!! In the spring I totally ruled out vert gazon and French blue as way too bright and garish at first. :roflmfao: See how much I know. I got them and love them. FB may be in my all-time top 5 colors. :heart:

I'm maybe not taken with Ocean yet, but there have been so many great blues, it's a hard act to follow. If this red, which is pretty, isn't my return to 2004, there's always a next time. Hard to be mad at mastic and oatmeal when we just had sandstone and natural. I think as the pf photographers get their bags and post great pics, we'll be more excited. Anthra was a slow starter and then tons of people loved it. I think we haven't truly seen plomb yet.

In a total turnabout from my initial plans, I'm totally wanting to see more olive (which I've convinced myself is like my beloved khaki Paddy) and the 2 browns. And we always have grape and jaune! And can I always rationalize another bag?:yes:

How does tomato compare to vif IRL? I would love to know the difference between mastic and sandstone. I just hope that my dreams come true w/ magenta, grape and juane!

Hi Shasta!! I have seen the Tomato and I think it's very close to Rouge Vermillion. I only saw it in a coin purse but it's a very bright red from what I saw. Mastic appears to have more yellow tones than Sandstone which has more taupe tones. I can post a comparision pic in a few mins.

Here are the comparison pics of Mastic vs Sandstone. Sandstone is definitely more taupe. The Mastic is a RH Day and the Sandstone is a GH City.

Attachments

• DSC05341.JPG
    DSC05341.JPG
    152.4 KB · Views: 353
  • DSC05342.JPG
    DSC05342.JPG
    142.1 KB · Views: 140
  • DSC05344.JPG
    DSC05344.JPG
    137.2 KB · Views: 115
Great comparison pics Erica!

I can see the oatmeal looking quite pretty in a day with gold GH actually. I think that is what brings it to life.

The SS is a unique colour though...

I think they are pretty boring and the ocean isn't nearly as deep and pretty as I thought it would be. The picture of the mastic sort of reminds me of tghe '05 camel but I still like it.
My main complaint is this....... why didn't they put the grape and yellow out first since those are more spring summer bags and save the darker, gloomier bags for fall winter when people tend to wear darker colors. I don't understand their thinking on that move.

I think they are pretty boring and the ocean isn't nearly as deep and pretty as I thought it would be. The picture of the mastic sort of reminds me of tghe '05 camel but I still like it.
My main complaint is this....... why didn't they put the grape and yellow out first since those are more spring summer bags and save the darker, gloomier bags for fall winter when people tend to wear darker colors. I don't understand their thinking on that move.

Very good point.