Ugly Betty

I was really surprised. I did like it. I thought it was an original idea for a series and I really like the fact that more original ideas are coming back. I would LOVE to see reality t.v. go away in favor of good writing again.

yeah this used to be a columbian soap opera in 99........my dad used to love watching this soap.........and my girl friends in college loved it too.........so I was kinda forced to watch it sometimes

this is what the original betty looked like

Betty2b.jpg

The show's main character, Beatriz Pinzón Solano (aka: Betty), is an unattractive but intelligent woman working for a fashion design company called Ecomoda. She constantly faces the scorn of her prettier workmates, but eventually she is promoted to a senior job, becomes involved with her boss, and gets a makeover.

The show was so popular that was aired to a wide latinoamerican audience. Its success spawned a short and unsuccessful sequel called Ecomoda, filmed in Colombia and produced by RCN and Univision. Some scenes from the first episode were filmed in Buenos Aires, Argentina and some scenes for the opening sequence were filmed in Miami, Florida. Then an animated series called Betty Toons was released.

I got this ^^^^^ from wikipedia

I really enjoyed Ugly Betty as well.
There was a south asian (indian) version of this show too.
this is the indian actress before her makeover
2004-12-12_002232_Jassi.jpg

this is her after her makeover
nvqd6h.jpg

nvqdtx.jpg

I finally got to watch the premiere episode on abc.com... and I LOVE it!! I'll be watching it tomorrow for sure!

I never got to see The Devil Wears Prada, but I read the book and I do notice the similarities.. but I love it.

I love this show, it's so hilarious. I was pretty surprised when my boyfriend admitted enjoying it also. ABC is in a roll. I'm so interested to seeing what unfolds, especially the mystery woman with the bandages on her face.

^^^
Love this show! You can watch the entire show (premiere and last night's episode) at abc.com. I missed the beginning so I'm going to give it a try...

Is it wrong that I'm kind of siding with the mean, *****y assistants?

I get that the show is about beauty on the inside or whatever, but would it kill Betty to at least TRY to be fashionable? Go to Express, get a sweater and a nice pair of trouseres! Is it really necessary to wear a Guantanemo Bay poncho or whatever when you work at a fashion magazine?

Am I completely going about this the wrong way?