Types of leather on Givenchy bags?

I just received my goatskin nightingale too. Although it slouches not as soft as lamb, but I adore it too. I had a calf nightingale but just sold it. It's smooth but slightly heavier than goat. I feel that goat is more durable, and it will get soften with use :smile:

Ahhh now you have me convinced on the goat leather then :graucho: May we get to see mod pictures or/and close up pictures of the goat leather? ;)

Ahhh now you have me convinced on the goat leather then :graucho: May we get to see mod pictures or/and close up pictures of the goat leather? ;)

I haven't started using it! But it's def lighter than calf! My SA told me goat is the most durable, unless you like smooth rather than grainy, if not stay with your goat :smile: I will take photos later :smile:

I haven't started using it! But it's def lighter than calf! My SA told me goat is the most durable, unless you like smooth rather than grainy, if not stay with your goat :smile: I will take photos later :smile:

Awesome! I like durable and light leather!! And I love grainy (I am a Balenciaga lover)! I can't wait to see your pictures! This thread helps a lot! Now it's a matter of running into one that I like ;)

Awesome! I like durable and light leather!! And I love grainy (I am a Balenciaga lover)! I can't wait to see your pictures! This thread helps a lot! Now it's a matter of running into one that I like ;)

Although I haven't used my goat nightingale yet, but I have a goat pandora which is buttery soft and it still looks like new after several months! I owned lamb and calf nightingale before, I sold all of them and only keep my goat now :smile: I love bal bags too and own a City in canard. Both are diff style but i feel givenchy is better in quality :smile:

I have just received my goatskin nightingale and I agree, it is very light. I was pleasantly surprised about the weight. However I am finding the leather a little stiffer than I had expected. How is yours wearing in? Has it softened much? I'd love to hear some more about how the grainy leather is wearing.

truth be told, my goatskin had some weird spots when i first received it, not noticeable at all until i looked at it closely and under certain lighting. anyways, i decided to keep it b/c i loved the color and there's none to be found anymore. i tried using lexol conditioning lotion to see if it'll darken the rest of the bag so that it'll be more uniform, but when it dried, it didn't change the coloring. however, it did make it softer and less stiff (not that goatskin wasnt soft to begin with!).

What a beautiful bag! I love the combination of colour, texture and hardware, it's stunning.

How long did it take for the goat leather to start slouching so nicely? I am finding mine rather stiff and am wondering whether I should exchange it for the calf skin version for more softness and slouch. :thinking:

after about a week...

Hey everyone, i've been looking everywhere for a large nightingale in black with silver hardware, ideally i'd have wanted it in the lambskin but apparantly this season they're only doing it with the gold hardware in that size. I've found one on ebay in distressed sheepskin which looks nice but i'm not sure. I wondered if anyone had or has seen a nightingale in this type of leather? I'm worried it may be abit matt or that the wrinkling may look funny on a large scale! Thanks alot guys

Hey everyone, i've been looking everywhere for a large nightingale in black with silver hardware, ideally i'd have wanted it in the lambskin but apparantly this season they're only doing it with the gold hardware in that size. I've found one on ebay in distressed sheepskin which looks nice but i'm not sure. I wondered if anyone had or has seen a nightingale in this type of leather? I'm worried it may be abit matt or that the wrinkling may look funny on a large scale! Thanks alot guys

the distressed style is probably pepe, which is very popular due to it being lower maintenance, visually more interesting, and a great all around leather. if it's not the pepe, which is part of every collection so far back as 4 yrs ago, can u share a pic? it might be one of the embossed finishes, which givenchy is known to excel at.

the distressed style is probably pepe, which is very popular due to it being lower maintenance, visually more interesting, and a great all around leather. if it's not the pepe, which is part of every collection so far back as 4 yrs ago, can u share a pic? it might be one of the embossed finishes, which givenchy is known to excel at.

hey thanks for getting back to me. i think it must be the pepe. here's a link to some photos https://picasaweb.google.com/110366...NightingaleMaxi?authkey=Gv1sRgCI7Gz6-q9c_vmwE#
you actually just authenticated this for me (very grateful) so you may recognise them! has the pepe got abit of shine to it? i prefer it abit shiny. it's hard to tell from the photos

hey thanks for getting back to me. i think it must be the pepe. here's a link to some photos https://picasaweb.google.com/110366...NightingaleMaxi?authkey=Gv1sRgCI7Gz6-q9c_vmwE#
you actually just authenticated this for me (very grateful) so you may recognise them! has the pepe got abit of shine to it? i prefer it abit shiny. it's hard to tell from the photos

best way I can describe it is that there's definitely a sheen to pepe. I think you can see it from the pics provided. it's not a completely matte style.

why do some bags come in wrinkled leather but are not labelled 'pepe'? i.e. bergdorf goodman's selection — some wrinkled leather bags are labelled as washed lambskin, some are pepe, but they all look the same to me?

crazybagfan said:
Although I haven't used my goat nightingale yet, but I have a goat pandora which is buttery soft and it still looks like new after several months! I owned lamb and calf nightingale before, I sold all of them and only keep my goat now :smile: I love bal bags too and own a City in canard. Both are diff style but i feel givenchy is better in quality :smile:

I'm thinking of buying a nightingale in lambskin leather. How does it age? Does it scratch easily?

I'm having a hard time getting an answer to my question. I thought I'd try once more - does anyone know if the calfskin pandoras are prone to scratches? There's a camel-colored one I love, but will probably go for black goatskin if the calf scratches too easily... Thanks!

Jolayla said:
I'm having a hard time getting an answer to my question. I thought I'd try once more - does anyone know if the calfskin pandoras are prone to scratches? There's a camel-colored one I love, but will probably go for black goatskin if the calf scratches too easily... Thanks!

I have a calf antigona, and I find it does not scratch easily. HTH!