Turquoise Bag - What am I not getting?

turquoise can be a neutral to some girls that tend towards pastels and florals :smile: it think it has to go with your personal style/wardrobe from the start. i adore turquoise bags and find that they pair very well with most colors in my wardrobe, and especially well with dresses and tops that have prints/patterns. i don't like it with reds/oranges but aside from those it looks good with all colors in my wardrobe and can be worn year-round imo.

I think I like this turquoise so much more than the current one! Yours is beautiful Maryjoe.

I have the turquoise lambskin Mini from the S/S 2014 collection and I LOVE it!!! I love turquoise since blue is my fav colour and I love every shade of blue... It can be matched with a lot of other colours - white black, red, fuchsia/pink, purple, other blue shades etc...

Here are two pics of my Mini - love how the colour changes in different lightning... I use this Mini through the year - Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter... it adds a great pop of colour to every outfit

Reactions: Vanana
Teal/turquoise is actually my favorite color in the world (esp a slightly dark teal). I wear it with brick red, camel/tan, black, white, burnt yellow if dark real, light yellow if light. As others have said, it can also work with orangey reds!

This seasons turquoise is in truth a little bright for me - I'd only wear it in the summer, but I do think it's gorgeous.

Reactions: missie1
I'm a huge turquoise fan (I'm on the list for the caviar mini) and all I can say is it's not always about being wearable. Sometimes I'll buy a bag for collector's reasons or because I love to just look at them.
But I do think some women really know how to rock a pop of color like turquoise (lots of women have the LV Sofia Coppola in turquoise and feel it goes well with neutrals) and I'll let them chime in on it.
But for me, I just love the color turquoise and even though it is easier to wear in the summer, I wouldn't hesitate to wear it anytime I feel happy to look at it.
For me it reminds me of a soothing caribbean sea, so that may be part of it.

Your comment on a soothing Caribbean sea alone almost sold the bag to me already :P that is a nice mental picture that I probably will not be able to get out of my head from now on when I see this color :smile:

Think of it like wearing a great pair of turquoise earrings or a chunky bracelet. It would look great w grey, denim, or against some of the pretty embroidered jackets and boots that are so popular now. I personally like a sometimes unmatched bag with a look. I think the turquoise color would be easier to 'wear' than the multi colored Boy that's just showing up. If you take a look at some of the IG posters such as My Life in colors, you might get more inspiration.
I love how you created a thread for this because I'm also hesitant/curious about this color. I already got it in the caviar mini and it should arrive sometime next week. I actually passed on TWO black caviar minis on separate occasions for this bag/color. I really hope I'm not making a huge mistake!

It's my favorite color, but I'm just not too sure if it'd be too much on a bag. I don't plan on using it every day (if I decide to keep it), but I can see myself wearing it with black, blue (navy, cobalt), dark green, beige, white, etc. I'll make sure to do a reveal when I get it! [emoji6]
I agree with you.. it is a matter of preference and overall style (my life in colors) is a good example of how a color lover can incorporate any color they like in their wardrobe..

I'm a very neutral person and the only pop of color I have/like is red [emoji7] but ofcourse again it's a matter of personal choice :smile:

While the turquoise is a real pretty color, I agree with vanana that i find it difficult to wear (again according to MY wardrobe/style).

Curious to see what others have to say and maybe this thread will encourage them to post their colorful items with some outfits [emoji322]

Thanks to all of your ideas and suggestions. Seriously the reason I was so curious is because although I am seriously a "all colors" kinda gal (I really can't pick a favorite color - seriously!), turquoise is pretty high on the list. Though I've never considered turquois as a color I would get in a bag purely on ability to match outfits much etc. I saw all the excitement over the 17C turquois and I was having SERIOUS FOMO!!!! I had to open this thread to find out the rationale and thinking behind all so I can see if I had fully considered all factors involved for an informed decision, as it seems this color does not come by too often especially in caviar.

SA has caviar mini in every color tagged for me on arrival so really am trying best to make good choices. :lol:

I do find the 17C pretty but I think my favorite turquois is a shade closer to the tiffany one (shocking) :P I also would personally prefer the color with SHW and in caviar. Then there's the likelihood and frequency I'd wear it given the existing bags in my arsenal.

Your insight helped me feel more equipped when I finally will meet this beauty and help me feel better on making a decision once I can see it in person! :smile:

Reactions: Chanel923 and XCCX
I have the turquoise lambskin Mini from the S/S 2014 collection and I LOVE it!!! I love turquoise since blue is my fav colour and I love every shade of blue... It can be matched with a lot of other colours - white black, red, fuchsia/pink, purple, other blue shades etc...

Here are two pics of my Mini - love how the colour changes in different lightning... I use this Mini through the year - Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter... it adds a great pop of colour to every outfit

This bag you have is insanity. it's darn near perfect (for me). I would say the only thing that would make this SS14 bag perfect for me would be in caviar (though I wonder if the color shade will take same way on caviar - oh well). if this bag comes out in caviar - whole new ball game for me and likely not able to resist (wearable with my style/clothes or not). May make an extremely rare (and 1st) exception for a "chanel museum piece" in my collection for that baby.

Teal/turquoise is actually my favorite color in the world (esp a slightly dark teal). I wear it with brick red, camel/tan, black, white, burnt yellow if dark real, light yellow if light. As others have said, it can also work with orangey reds!

This seasons turquoise is in truth a little bright for me - I'd only wear it in the summer, but I do think it's gorgeous.
Haven't seen this season's in person yet but totally agree with your assessment based on the photos I see - another consideration as I prefer the more "tiffany blue" turquois. Also, would have never on my own realized the many color variations that a turquois bag can go with if not for the posts in this thread! eye/mind opening... !

I wasn't planning on getting the turquoise bag... But that's mainly because I'm in desperate need of neutral bags because I wear a lot of color.

Having said that, I adore the muted shade bag that sunspark displayed. (Wow).

Turquoise is a mix of blue & green so it goes with reds/pinks (opposite of green on color wheel) & orange/coral (opposite of blue on color wheel). It could also go with a complimentery color scheme of turquoise, yellow, orange.

If the color wheel is difficult to visualize in the abstract (it is for me), you can always picture how turquoise looks in nature to get a color scheme. Ex. Feathers on a peacock, autumn (turquoise) sky against fall colored leaves, summer (turquoise) sky &/or sea against golden sand & green plants. I love to keep those palettes in mind, although I incorporate very muted shades in my wardrobe. But that's a personal preference. God's paintbrush is amazing :smile:
Ok. this is pretty much just genius. mind blown. I am learning lots from this thread so far.

I haven't bought Chanel in a while since the last price hike but I might just get this. I wear all black all the time and I have tan olive skin and so purple and turquoise look best against my skin tone. Only thing I am concerned about is if the black pants or shirt will rub onto the turquoise causing transfer. That would suck. You can wear turquoise with dark brown too in my opinion.