Turquoise Bag - What am I not getting?

Vanana

I could give up shopping, but I'm not a quitter.
Jun 28, 2015
So, I am very curious about the excitement over turquoise Chanel flaps, especially the anticipation and excitement over the turquoise caviar from 2017 cruise season.

It's pretty for sure, but I wonder about the practicality of it. What does it go with (style wise) and what color clothing would you wear with it? do you find it easy to coordinate outfits with? What led to the strong attraction to you lovers of turquoise Chanel?

While I can see that the color is pretty, I can't think of it being flexible and usable except with a white outfit and I don't find the color personally super elegant for dress up events either.

would love to hear from you if you already own one on why you like it, how you coordinate it, etc.

For those of you who might be considering it, please also let me know what attracted you to this color in the first lace?

So, I am very curious about the excitement over turquoise Chanel flaps, especially the anticipation and excitement over the turquoise caviar from 2017 cruise season.

It's pretty for sure, but I wonder about the practicality of it. What does it go with (style wise) and what color clothing would you wear with it? do you find it easy to coordinate outfits with? What led to the strong attraction to you lovers of turquoise Chanel?

While I can see that the color is pretty, I can't think of it being flexible and usable except with a white outfit and I don't find the color personally super elegant for dress up events either.

would love to hear from you if you already own one on why you like it, how you coordinate it, etc.

For those of you who might be considering it, please also let me know what attracted you to this color in the first lace?
I'm also considering this in the jumbo. I need to see it in person to determine if I would truly love it.
I think turquoise goes with white, black, brown, navy, and beige :smile:

Reactions: Vanana
I'm a huge turquoise fan (I'm on the list for the caviar mini) and all I can say is it's not always about being wearable. Sometimes I'll buy a bag for collector's reasons or because I love to just look at them.
But I do think some women really know how to rock a pop of color like turquoise (lots of women have the LV Sofia Coppola in turquoise and feel it goes well with neutrals) and I'll let them chime in on it.
But for me, I just love the color turquoise and even though it is easier to wear in the summer, I wouldn't hesitate to wear it anytime I feel happy to look at it.
For me it reminds me of a soothing caribbean sea, so that may be part of it.

Think of it like wearing a great pair of turquoise earrings or a chunky bracelet. It would look great w grey, denim, or against some of the pretty embroidered jackets and boots that are so popular now. I personally like a sometimes unmatched bag with a look. I think the turquoise color would be easier to 'wear' than the multi colored Boy that's just showing up. If you take a look at some of the IG posters such as My Life in colors, you might get more inspiration.

I love how you created a thread for this because I'm also hesitant/curious about this color. I already got it in the caviar mini and it should arrive sometime next week. I actually passed on TWO black caviar minis on separate occasions for this bag/color. I really hope I'm not making a huge mistake!

It's my favorite color, but I'm just not too sure if it'd be too much on a bag. I don't plan on using it every day (if I decide to keep it), but I can see myself wearing it with black, blue (navy, cobalt), dark green, beige, white, etc. I'll make sure to do a reveal when I get it! [emoji6]

Turquoise is one of my favorite colors alone with burgundy and black. I've been waiting so long for this caviar to be release. Was completely sure I'd purchase....and now, just not feeling it. I keep looking and I may talk myself into it. But it's not love at first site like I thought it would be.

And ok, I do have this more greenish/teal version (seafoam?) which I love and would not sell for turquoise as I prefer it, and I'm thinking to have both would be overkill. Thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_1272.JPG
    IMG_1272.JPG
    147.4 KB · Views: 2,172
Think of it like wearing a great pair of turquoise earrings or a chunky bracelet. It would look great w grey, denim, or against some of the pretty embroidered jackets and boots that are so popular now. I personally like a sometimes unmatched bag with a look. I think the turquoise color would be easier to 'wear' than the multi colored Boy that's just showing up. If you take a look at some of the IG posters such as My Life in colors, you might get more inspiration.

I agree with you.. it is a matter of preference and overall style (my life in colors) is a good example of how a color lover can incorporate any color they like in their wardrobe..

I'm a very neutral person and the only pop of color I have/like is red [emoji7] but ofcourse again it's a matter of personal choice :smile:

While the turquoise is a real pretty color, I agree with vanana that i find it difficult to wear (again according to MY wardrobe/style).

Curious to see what others have to say and maybe this thread will encourage them to post their colorful items with some outfits [emoji322]

Turquoise is one of my favorite colors alone with burgundy and black. I've been waiting so long for this caviar to be release. Was completely sure I'd purchase....and now, just not feeling it. I keep looking and I may talk myself into it. But it's not love at first site like I thought it would be.

And ok, I do have this more greenish/teal version (seafoam?) which I love and would not sell for turquoise as I prefer it, and I'm thinking to have both would be overkill. Thoughts?

Personally, I'd keep the one you have! It's a nice understated color! Talking your self into the turquoise might have you regret the purchase later. Good luck :smile:

Reactions: lulilu
I love how you created a thread for this because I'm also hesitant/curious about this color. I already got it in the caviar mini and it should arrive sometime next week. I actually passed on TWO black caviar minis on separate occasions for this bag/color. I really hope I'm not making a huge mistake!

It's my favorite color, but I'm just not too sure if it'd be too much on a bag. I don't plan on using it every day (if I decide to keep it), but I can see myself wearing it with black, blue (navy, cobalt), dark green, beige, white, etc. I'll make sure to do a reveal when I get it! [emoji6]

A pop of color is ideal on a mini bag in my opinion. I don't see it too much at all in this size. I've read that you are hesitant.. maybe just wait till you receive the bag and see it in real.. if it's love then keep it as black will always be released again..

A pop of color is ideal on a mini bag in my opinion. I don't see it too much at all in this size. I've read that you are hesitant.. maybe just wait till you receive the bag and see it in real.. if it's love then keep it as black will always be released again..

Thanks! That's what I've been telling myself... There will be more black caviar mini in the future. :smile: Hopefully the turquoise mini looks lovely IRL. Fingers crossed.

I wasn't planning on getting the turquoise bag... But that's mainly because I'm in desperate need of neutral bags because I wear a lot of color.

Having said that, I adore the muted shade bag that sunspark displayed. (Wow).

Turquoise is a mix of blue & green so it goes with reds/pinks (opposite of green on color wheel) & orange/coral (opposite of blue on color wheel). It could also go with a complimentery color scheme of turquoise, yellow, orange.

If the color wheel is difficult to visualize in the abstract (it is for me), you can always picture how turquoise looks in nature to get a color scheme. Ex. Feathers on a peacock, autumn (turquoise) sky against fall colored leaves, summer (turquoise) sky &/or sea against golden sand & green plants. I love to keep those palettes in mind, although I incorporate very muted shades in my wardrobe. But that's a personal preference. God's paintbrush is amazing :smile:

I have the turquoise lambskin Mini from the S/S 2014 collection and I LOVE it!!! I love turquoise since blue is my fav colour and I love every shade of blue... It can be matched with a lot of other colours - white black, red, fuchsia/pink, purple, other blue shades etc...

Here are two pics of my Mini - love how the colour changes in different lightning... I use this Mini through the year - Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter... it adds a great pop of colour to every outfit

Attachments

• IMG_4007.jpg
    IMG_4007.jpg
    168.8 KB · Views: 1,948
  • IMG_4021.jpg
    IMG_4021.jpg
    256.6 KB · Views: 2,060
I have the turquoise lambskin Mini from the S/S 2014 collection and I LOVE it!!! I love turquoise since blue is my fav colour and I love every shade of blue... It can be matched with a lot of other colours - white black, red, fuchsia/pink, purple, other blue shades etc...
Here are two pics of my Mini - love how the colour changes in different lightning... I use this Mini through the year - Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter... it adds a great pop of colour to every outfit

Wow!' Such a pretty turquoise!! Its more on the blue side compared to the 17C, which leans slightly more on the green side. Both beautiful shades of turquoise IMHO. [emoji7]

Reactions: Vanana