Turquoise Bag - What am I not getting?

I had the 2013 (I believe) patent turquoise jumbo and a ton of my wardrobe went with it. Got a million compliments when I used it too, but the patent wasn't the material I longed for so I consigned it in 2015. I was elated to find out this color in caviar was coming out so I jumped on it. This color goes with a lot of my dresses and also compliments black, white and other items especially if solid. I'm not afraid of color-if any of you know me from Instagram you know! Lol!

Attachments

• final.jpg
    final.jpg
    216.3 KB · Views: 676
Turquoise is one of my favorite colors alone with burgundy and black. I've been waiting so long for this caviar to be release. Was completely sure I'd purchase....and now, just not feeling it. I keep looking and I may talk myself into it. But it's not love at first site like I thought it would be.

And ok, I do have this more greenish/teal version (seafoam?) which I love and would not sell for turquoise as I prefer it, and I'm thinking to have both would be overkill. Thoughts?
They are definitely different enough to have both as the brightness and depth of color is quite different. But I am totally an enabler so......

Yup. I would get this one in a heartbeat. especially with silver hardware. do you know if they made it in mini and also regardless of size if they made it in lamb and or caviar? if so I'd appreciate a PM please with the tag info if you don't mind. even though it's past season :smile: TIA
I do not think so as I asked if they had any other bags around this color/had them and she said no. I was looking at a black on black reissue and couldn't decide between the 226 or 225 and this caught my eye as another sales woman was putting it away. There was no contest in my mind haha.

Reactions: Vanana
I do not think so as I asked if they had any other bags around this color/had them and she said no. I was looking at a black on black reissue and couldn't decide between the 226 or 225 and this caught my eye as another sales woman was putting it away. There was no contest in my mind haha.
Solid decision. I'll wait for the right combo for me :smile: It's alright, Chanel distracts me with plenty more than my spending power. I often have to tap into my imaginary spending power so this may be all for the better :girlsigh:

I had the 2013 (I believe) patent turquoise jumbo and a ton of my wardrobe went with it. Got a million compliments when I used it too, but the patent wasn't the material I longed for so I consigned it in 2015. I was elated to find out this color in caviar was coming out so I jumped on it. This color goes with a lot of my dresses and also compliments black, white and other items especially if solid. I'm not afraid of color-if any of you know me from Instagram you know! Lol!

Simply stunning!

What's your IG account by the way? Ofcourse only if you don't mind sharing it :smile:

Hmmm, I have to say that I really only like the turquoise on the minis. I feel like with the jumbo, its seems to be too much. I do agree, with the size of the bag, it might be hard to avoid bumps and scratches....

But thats just me personally, i only like pops of colour on small bags...

Me too! I only buy minis in bright colors!

Great thread! ive recently been collecting classic handbags in statement colors because to me it makes it even more rare than having it in black (which is safe). I would also consider wardrobe and what colors you tend to wear. i wear mostly neutrals so any color handbag works for me. sometimes i like to dress matchy matchy too -depends on my mood. I personally love turquoise! i think its a good idea to reference the color wheel to see what other colors look good with turquoise.

Attachments

• IMG_1479918815.812139.jpg
    IMG_1479918815.812139.jpg
    255.5 KB · Views: 572
Last edited:
Reactions: Vanana and LVoeluv
Turquoise is one of my favorite colors alone with burgundy and black. I've been waiting so long for this caviar to be release. Was completely sure I'd purchase....and now, just not feeling it. I keep looking and I may talk myself into it. But it's not love at first site like I thought it would be.

And ok, I do have this more greenish/teal version (seafoam?) which I love and would not sell for turquoise as I prefer it, and I'm thinking to have both would be overkill. Thoughts?

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the seafoam green color you already have! It's actually prettier and more matchable than turquoise!

FWIW: a jumbo turquoise classsic flap in lambskin w/ LTGHW "IS" available for purchase from "The Cruise 20176/17 Collection" (photo taken from "Boutique/Store Finds" courtesy of UpTime):

View attachment 3524699

As compared to the turquoise caviar leather:

View attachment 3524695

Even as a die-hard Chanel lambskin fan, I am not sure if I would choose lambskin for this size and color handbag. Perhaps a mini, if I "carried" minis?

At best I think the turquoise lambskin would show better in the square mini per the unique shape, unique color, and the easier "to shield from bumping into things" size given the need to protect one's lambskin classic flap?

The lambskin above "appears" to read a more "Tiffany Blue"? :confused1: "Vanana "?? Would ❤️ to read your "take"!

I hope we are granted the privilege of seeing another TPF'r purchase the lambskin turquoise classic flap from 17C and post its photo under the purchase thread.:smile: (especially since this stock photo is more difficult to "read" the true color!)

Personally, this lambskin version screams "Spring/Summer". Despite the mixed reviews, is it just me that believes the caviar version released for 17C is ✨more wearable year-round✨?

Any thoughts? :flowers:
WOW so sorry I somehow missed this thread for awhile (probably while I was crazy shopping the cruise collection!) I really think the lambskin shade is much more desirable to me in this collection over the caviar. it seems less green to me and has a softer glow to it because of the leather type. However, I've never seen the lambskin in person in US but it's consistently reflecting this color in the photos on this forum. For me personally, on something as special as a color of turquois (vs. black white, etc) I think I would personally be less "aggressive" on the hunt and just relax and wait for the perfect shade before I go for it. Started this thread because I didn't get the hype and thanks to all the ladies who joined the discussion and showed these awesome and helpful photos & perspectives, I now know for sure what I would go for and when! (never ever even thought about turquoise Chanel before. What's funny was I cleaned out my closets recently over the holidays, and realized that I DO have a turquoise bag! (not chanel but a very nice turquoise color that I like so I'll be trying to add that to the bag rotation in a bit). :smile:

I agree with you that at least based on photos the lambskin is much more spring/summer but then again, I personally don't follow those rules but instead coordinate the color of my bag (bright vs navy for example) not based on weather or season but rather based on my outfit colors. so it wont hinder me one bit by wearing a dark colored outfit (black and navy?) with a bright yellow (or turquois) bag in the winter at all. It often brings a smile to my face when I see something like that on others as I feel it gives the visual scene of seeing all black and grey in the winter a bit more interest and fun. To me, it's like a "breath of fresh air" in the winter. :smile:

Reactions: Plumeria233