Trusted LV seller Let-Trade selling Fake Hermes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow. I guess Let-trade doesn't intentionally make fakes but maybe they were inexperienced then. Probably they are inexperienced with Hermes. I feel bad if they got duped into buying a fake Hermes to sell.

I think this is the case...it's too bad, but this does look fake the blind stamp is def. off.

The misidentificataction of togo leather doesn't bother me, that might just be inexperience....but the stamp def. does.

The leather is probably epson, or fjord.

Real stamps the letters should be the same size:
BTW, this is the togo leather, you can see it is a bit more textured.

DSCN6921.JPG

The one from let trade:

I am more of a go to the source for the facts type of person so I did and here is Let-Trade's reponse to my inquiry on the Hermes.

May be there is something
we missed on shown from photos? Actually, I don't believe the hermes that
we listing in our website is FAKE (it is authentic) but we would love to
learn more about hermes as we want to development more market place for
other brand name as well. Thank you so so so much on your help.

As you know we use to sell Louis Vuitton product on website & ebay. the
amount & item that we sold with louis vuitton is more much higher then
hermes so there is no reason to sell a FAKE hermes in our website to
destory our reputation.

On the other hand, we think that is a TOGO leather but honestly saying we
are too new on hermes. :-p may that be other kind of leather? I personally
really don't know. I will need to ask other assistant to see what they
saying about it.

Please let us know. Thanks.
once again. Thanks for your times. __________________

While I applaud your initiative, going to the source doesn't always yield answers, which is why I asked other members in the LV forum if they might be able to verify if the Hermes was authentic. The Hermes members don't have experience with Let-Trade, but the LV members do (myself included); thus, they would have more of a stake in finding out the truth. I was hoping someone like hlfinn would know if not first hand, then someone who is more familiar with Hermes. I KNOW that Let-Trade is familiar with LV, but Hermes...well, as he states, "we would love to learn more."

As cola262 and twinkle.tink state, if the bag is fake, Let-Trade probably did not know.

DSCN6921.JPG

The one from let trade:

First, let me thank everyone on this forum for all the work they do to keep us aware of all the fakes out there.

I have been looking for a Hermes and I have noticed the bigger "S" on bags that are from TPF approved sites. For example, if you go to http://www.luxury-shops.com/_img/upload_zurich/4700.jpg (click on the image to supersize it) it seems that the S also appears bigger on this bag as well. So, perhaps, the texture of the leather has something to do with how the stamp comes out? :confused1:

Anyway, I'm just totally confused and think that the only way to guarantee you're not getting a fake is to get it from the store. It seems only reasonable that a few superfakes get into consignment stores. If stores won't authenticate, how can resellers be 100% certain of what they are selling?

Also posting this in Hermes thread...

Hi everyone. Good news! we are finally able to logon into purseforum now.

We do miss you all while we can't login purseforum. And thanks god that we are finally back. ;)

We would like to give a special thanks to "amamxr" &
"ch3rryb3rry" that they helped us to pass along the message.

Thanks for the picture from "twinkle.tink" and we just re-took a picture from the hermes kelly that we have on hand and here is it (a much larger logo version). And we have already remove the listing from website until we got more information about "hermes". Thanks.

Attachments

• closeup.jpg
    closeup.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 429

We do miss you all while we can't login purseforum. And thanks god that we are finally back. ;)

Thanks for the picture from "twinkle.tink" and we just re-took a picture from the hermes kelly that we have on hand and here is it (a much larger logo version). And we have already remove the listing from website until we got more information about "hermes". Thanks.

Thanks Let-Trade for being a responsible seller!

let-trade, you are definitely my fave ebay seller!! thank you for taking such a responsible action towards this issue

Hermes do not and never did authenticate any bags. Let-trade is a reputable lv seller we should all trust him/her on lv. I saw some amazing super fake hermes bags, it's hard to see the difference if you are not a professional.

DSCN6921.JPG

The one from let trade:

Okay, so after reading this thread, I think the following can be said:

1) I think the title is a bit 'direct' in that, it makes LT not look good, esp. since he can't defend himself, given the internet problems Pan-East-Asia.

2) That said, this also looks to me to be a case of possibly listing something that is a new market, which I totally understand LT may only be a novice in.

3) That said, given the 'consignment' factor, it is possible that this bag slipped under his radar b/c LT is an expert in LV, not Hermès.

4) The bag does appear to be a possible fake for these reasons (my point of view and what was posted in the Hermès forum)

a) The stitches are too close to the rivets on the closing strap
b) Also there is no strap under the feet on the bottom
c) Definitely NOT togo leather as they say it is (which looks to be the case, given the comparison photos)
d) The blind stamp looks wrong to me at first glance
e) It's a very high quality fake if its fake and a very unusual bag in terms of color, but I personally would not take the risk for four thousand dollars
f) The letters on the "stamp" look totally different. Compare the lower image's "M" and the upper image's "M" as a simple example.
g) It is possible that luxury-shops may also have been duped, who knows? :shrugs:

Again, that said, I think with respect to LV, LT is an excellent source. But the Hermès may have just slipped under his radar, which of course, can happen when you consign. At least he removed it :yes:

I also think that asking him directly would yield answers. However, it's always great to have other people critique it and bring things to light, that he may himself have not realized.

These are the risks with buying from re-sellers, esp. when it's on consignment - I never go by the whole MPRS, SIAC, ALVA, etc.. I ask, I ask, and I ask questions from the forum or from the seller to get a definitive answer. I just can't drop hundreds of dollars on something and close my eyes to its authenticity just because of a 'title'.

I think it's great LT that responded back and took action ;)

Okay, so after reading this thread, I think the following can be said:

1) I think the title is a bit 'direct' in that, it makes LT not look good, esp. since he can't defend himself, given the internet problems Pan-East-Asia.

As I admitted earlier in the thread, the title of this particular thread may have thrown people off, but thread titles need to be direct and give readers an indication as to what is inside the thread. I don't regret bringing the question to this forum because : 1.) I think the authenticity question would have gotten lost in the Hermes forum, as most Hermes members have never dealt with Let-Trade, and may have just dismissed it as a fake without ever letting Let-Trade know, and 2.) I know that Let-Trade frequents the LV forum, thus this forum would be the perfect venue for them to answer this question AND get other members who know Hermes to list WHY they thought it was fake, instead of just saying that it was a fake. The original question of authenticity in the Hermes forum was yesterday,without any real response, but as soon as I brought it to the LV forum, we received an immediate response from some Hermes afficianados and Let-Trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.