Trend? .. phasing out the City Style?

Hello lovelies! I've always been a Balenciaga fan and snagged a G21 brand new before it was completely gone from the market for brand new like 8 years ago. Ive been wanting to get another city but they keep churning out with new ones and I always get distracted. I am now deciding between a black mini city with gold hardware and a S City (dark color), I am torn as I really like the mini but afraid I won't be able to fit much. Then again, S City feels too close to the classic city...anyone here can share their opinion with me? Looking to buy brand new from the boutique.

Also, it seems really difficult to find black with gold hardware pairing in the normal hardware..or maybe I'm wrong or don't know where to search?

Any reply would be much appreciated! Thank you!
City small actually wears quite differently vs. the regular size. And will be more useful than the mini IMO.

I don't have any of the Mini-Cities, but I can tell you that I felt it was soooooooo small, that you would barely be able to fit much into it. I have the City S, and honestly .. I love it (I'm a big-time City 'regular' collector). The City S has just the right amount of room to still fit quite a bit into it, and it really is considerably small than the 'regular' City IMO.

Hmmmm .. as far as getting the 'regular' Gold HW, I know that Balenciaga had been doing Silver for some time, but every once in a while, you will see the 'regular' Gold HW .. so good luck!!!

Thanks for your reply Ceejay! I'm so envious of your collection, I've seen a fair share here in purseforum :smile:
I ended up getting the mini city with gold hardware...it's just too cute and I really like the black and gold combo. Seeing the response here made me think that I'll probably get a City S later on...when the sales happen! :P

Reactions: RT1
it depends on your frame and your needs, if you are 180 cm tall and have some curves, then, mini, probably, will look a bit too small on you, or, if you are 150 cm and very slim, then, a regular City might feel a little too big for you.
i am 164 cm and i wear US size 8-10, i have 1 mini, 1 S and 3 regular Cities, i have use for all of them depending on the purpose.
Mini is enough if i do a quick errand and need a small wallet+keys+phones and a sanitizer.
S is good for anything, but it won't fit the docs, or full size planner, if you think of using it for work.
Regular is roomy, but not too big, i easily used it for work, or family outings, e.g. going to the mall with the kids (extra tissues, a bottle of water, light cardi, etc)

I'm 158cm and on the curvier side, the mini city does look a little small but it looks better compared to the City S when I tried both on. Even my friend who I brought along to give me some opinion preferred the mini on me. And with that, I ended up getting the mini with gold hardware :biggrin: Thank you for replying me Ksuromax!

Reactions: ksuromax
I'm 158cm and on the curvier side, the mini city does look a little small but it looks better compared to the City S when I tried both on. Even my friend who I brought along to give me some opinion preferred the mini on me. And with that, I ended up getting the mini with gold hardware :biggrin: Thank you for replying me Ksuromax!
most welcome, hope it works well for you and you love your new bag!

Reactions: RT1
it depends on your frame and your needs, if you are 180 cm tall and have some curves, then, mini, probably, will look a bit too small on you, or, if you are 150 cm and very slim, then, a regular City might feel a little too big for you.
i am 164 cm and i wear US size 8-10, i have 1 mini, 1 S and 3 regular Cities, i have use for all of them depending on the purpose.
Mini is enough if i do a quick errand and need a small wallet+keys+phones and a sanitizer.
S is good for anything, but it won't fit the docs, or full size planner, if you think of using it for work.
Regular is roomy, but not too big, i easily used it for work, or family outings, e.g. going to the mall with the kids (extra tissues, a bottle of water, light cardi, etc)
.. and BOOM, @ksuromax .. 100% accurate!!! At my height (5'10" in stocking feet) and large frame, a mini-City looks SO dumb, but .. get this, I just recently got the Hermes TPM because of my Spine & Hips problems .. and it's TINY but it works right now!

I don’t know, if this is the right thread to share this...
Some years ago I was walking in a trendy neighborhood and I saw this cute young woman carrying a very light pink city with silver hardware. To this day, I still dream of this bag....
it’s so sad that there is such a limited availability on the city bag...
I’m so scared to buy second hand, because of fakes...

It's very disheartening to see the Moto line phased out. I was obsessed with stalking this forum in those years, but I was too young to purchase the bags. I have such soft spot for the part times with giant hardware - it truly feels like a bag designed for me. And now years and years after, they're discontinued and it's a shame. I also do not like anything Bal has put out recently.

However, I was very lucky since last November to find two part times, one of which I bought from a former TPFer. And just this morning I have found another color I was yearning for in amazing quality. I'll have to make sure to share when it arrives. :blush:

Reactions: Kimbashop
It's very disheartening to see the Moto line phased out. I was obsessed with stalking this forum in those years, but I was too young to purchase the bags. I have such soft spot for the part times with giant hardware - it truly feels like a bag designed for me. And now years and years after, they're discontinued and it's a shame. I also do not like anything Bal has put out recently.

However, I was very lucky since last November to find two part times, one of which I bought from a former TPFer. And just this morning I have found another color I was yearning for in amazing quality. I'll have to make sure to share when it arrives. :blush:
There's a lovely automne on Yoogi's...

https://www.yoogiscloset.com/handba...lambskin-motorcycle-part-time-bag-130149.html