Scarves Travel scarf pouch

Miss_K

O.G.
May 31, 2007
Dear all,
Do you know anyone who makes nice quality fabric pouches for H (and other) silk scarves (for travel and storage)? Mai Tai used to do a lovely version but sadly no longer makes them. Unfortunately I neither have the skill, time nor equipment to sew my own... Many thanks!

Reactions: DrTr
The Petit H pouch that @Veritybelle is referring to the measurements for these
are 6 x4 (PM) 8 x 6 (MM) & 12 x 9 (GM).
They are available on H.com & unfortunately one cannot choose the pattern they like as
its a random pick by H(the set of 3 are different patterns & only available as 3 pieces)
They are priced at $580 + tax (if applicable)
I was in Paris a short time ago & found a few at H (Sevres) but the selection was not great by any means
The medium size holds my H bearn wallet for size comparision with a little extra room in width
As a suggestion if the Petit H doesn't work for you, try looking on Etsy for lingerie travel bags
which might fit the bill

Last edited:
Dear all,
Do you know anyone who makes nice quality fabric pouches for H (and other) silk scarves (for travel and storage)? Mai Tai used to do a lovely version but sadly no longer makes them. Unfortunately I neither have the skill, time nor equipment to sew my own... Many thanks!
I know the MaiTai pouches you speak of, they were lovely.

Even though not fabric, for travel, I found that my LV Kirigami canvas largest pouch will hold 2 or 3 90’s easily. It can double as a casual clutch at my destination, so I’ve found them very useful. My smallest Kirigami pouch I use for my Airpod Pros, and the medium size holds multiple lippies. Here is a pic with dimensions from 24s - I have this set for summer fun as well as a regular monogram set. I like the canvas for my scarves as they feel more protected inside luggage.

You also might check Etsy - sometimes they have lovely things, or if you are inclined, I would guess if you found fabric you like, a tailor shop might make you some as they are simple, and you could choose exact dimensions. HTH.

IMG_4966.jpeg

IMG_4967.jpeg

Pouches I can personally recommend

Liberty
Loewe

I would careful buying zipped pouches to scarves, or at least buy them bugger than you think you'll need. Drawstring or poppered pouches are much safer.

Also maybe think about repurposing and see if some of your bikini, glasses or pillow packaging will do. I sometimes use drawstring silk pouches from Gucci sunglasses cases, or the one (silk/cotton) that comes with the Liberty pillow sets.

For GM shawls and silks I use Coco and Wolf drawstring toiletry bags. I also use them to separate dirty/clean clothes when traveling, and they're fairly inexpensive

Thank you all for the replies! I think what I love about the Mai Tai pouches is that they keep the scarves wrinkle free and had no closure mechanism that could potentially snag the scarves. I have two friends that have them and I really wish I could have snagged one when they were available... Being a bit on the economical side, I don't think I could justify spending loads on a case, but the Kirigami is lovely! I've trawled through Etsy but as of yet, no luck...

Reactions: DrTr and papertiger
Thank you all for the replies! I think what I love about the Mai Tai pouches is that they keep the scarves wrinkle free and had no closure mechanism that could potentially snag the scarves. I have two friends that have them and I really wish I could have snagged one when they were available... Being a bit on the economical side, I don't think I could justify spending loads on a case, but the Kirigami is lovely! I've trawled through Etsy but as of yet, no luck...

I totally agree

The other thing is they have to be light. Cotton or silk are perfect in this way.

All pouches require some scarf folding. with a drawstring closure, you can roll your scarves for mostly wrinkle free.