Scarves Travel scarf pouch

I use ziplocs or zippered fabric bags from other stores that I get for free. If you ever worry about your scarves getting caught in the zipper you can always cover them with a thin tea towel:flowers:I do have a couple of fabric drawstring pouches but they never hold enough for me, but I stash my shawl for the plane in them. I won’t share the ziploc photo.;) I’ll let your imagination run wild…:giggle:

IMG_4585.jpeg

IMG_4586.jpeg

Not "luxury" in the slightest, but functional and low-risk - I also use clear ziploc/press to seal bags. Since they are see-through I can easily see what I have taken with me, which is helpful, especially if I am traveling light. The bags are thin, no zips, and hopefully of decent quality if they are food-grade. It's easy enough to find large-enough versions to fold 90cms or smaller into the traditional square. CSGMs are a bit harder / require more folds, but then I don't tend to take many of those traveling.

I have also used silk Gucci drawstring shoe bags (never used for shoes!). The shoe bags that came with my Gucci loafers are a nice rectangular shape for the CSGMs; and I never used them for shoes anyway because I thought the light cream colour was the most inappropriate shoe bag colour ever :lol: Also agree with the idea of using delicates/lingerie bags as a backup option.

I too like using old dust bags for scarf storage whilst traveling, because I (usually) don’t like spending extra money if I don’t have to. I actually keep a couple dust bags in my luggage for this exact purpose. Depending on what sizes of silks I pack and how I fold/roll them, I can usually fit between two and three in a smaller dust bag (like the one pictured below) or even up to six in a larger one. I unpack the scarves immediately when I get to my destination to prevent excessive wrinkling. Here is how a 90cm, 55cm, and 45cm measure up next to a standard H belt dust bag:

45.jpg 70.jpg 90.jpg

I have also used Kellymini (Pochette) and Constance 24 dust bags in the past. It may not be the chicest option, but it works in a pinch.;)

I am almost ashamed to admit it, but I mostly use IKEA Istad ziploc bags. Right size, no weight and protects the fabric against stains from other things in my bag. They are very handy to keeping my scarves protected during the day when I only wear it in the morning and evening during summer.
This is the brand/type I use but I was too afraid to admit it! My admission of using ziploc bags felt like enough disclosure :smile: I also think they are quite sturdy for what they are, so protect well.

I like the alternatives here though, especially for CSGMs.