Tory Burch Tory Burch quality

I have a Fleming Backpack and a Kira Shoulder bag. I think the leather on them is nice and it has held up well, but I will note that I rotate my bags frequently. I don’t think the bags are worth their full retail price, so definitely wait for their tiered sales to purchase.
I’m planning to buy the soft Fleming in black next.
(I’ve attached a pic of my TB bags with my Chloe)

07AC2A46-3B7F-4AAE-B462-9FEF9534AE43.jpeg

IMHO, there's no way to compare TB to 1941. Coach wins all day, every day. Especially the 1941 bags- just amazing quality.
Tory Burch leather is thinner, designed to last a couple of years (vs 1941 that will last a lifetime), thus not worth the hefty price tag to me.
Yes, I feared this response: that the TB quality is nothing compared to an established brand like Coach, especially 1941. I guess it's just the marketing and the target customer base who are willing/able to pay more for short-term style? It doesn't seem very luxury to me, to degrade after a few years at $500-$700 USD...

I have a Fleming Backpack and a Kira Shoulder bag. I think the leather on them is nice and it has held up well, but I will note that I rotate my bags frequently. I don’t think the bags are worth their full retail price, so definitely wait for their tiered sales to purchase.
I’m planning to buy the soft Fleming in black next.
(I’ve attached a pic of my TB bags with my Chloe)

View attachment 4803623

You have beautiful bags. I love the Chloe saddle bag's richness. The Fleming Backpack looks adorable! I too want a Soft Fleming, but I think I'll wait for a sale. Have you seen it in person yet? Do you think there will be an Autumn 2020 sale or promo code for "staple colors/bags", given the current coronavirus climate?

Yes, I feared this response: that the TB quality is nothing compared to an established brand like Coach, especially 1941. I guess it's just the marketing and the target customer base who are willing/able to pay more for short-term style? It doesn't seem very luxury to me, to degrade after a few years at $500-$700 USD...

You have beautiful bags. I love the Chloe saddle bag's richness. The Fleming Backpack looks adorable! I too want a Soft Fleming, but I think I'll wait for a sale. Have you seen it in person yet? Do you think there will be an Autumn 2020 sale or promo code for "staple colors/bags", given the current coronavirus climate?
Thank you!
I have seen the Soft Fleming in person. I think it is a good quality bag, & it’s definitely worth the price at 30% off. It should hold up pretty well, IMO! The black one was included in the last sale (April?) so I don’t see why it wouldn’t be included this fall. Fingers crossed!!

I know this is an old topic, but I am interested in people who are still buying Tory Burch handbags in 2020. I saw the quilted Soft Fleming shoulder bags in person recently, and the chains felt a lot lighter than the Kira mixed material shoulder bags or even the original Fleming shoulder bags.
I think Tory Burch bags are quite expensive when compared to other contemporary brands (I mainly have Coach 1941 as a comparison), and I am wondering if everyone thinks their quality warrants it, especially bags issued in 2019 and 2020.

I have both the soft Fleming and original Fleming. I think my soft Fleming is holding up better than my original. I love the original but the lambskin is extremely prone to rubbing off against clothes even though I baby my bag. The soft one somehow seems less fragile (but far from hardy), maybe because it’s less boxy?

I love Tory Burch for the style but besides my distressed chevron tote, all my TB bags don’t hold up as well as I would expect from a designer brand. I won’t be buying any more lambskin in the future.

Thank you!
I have seen the Soft Fleming in person. I think it is a good quality bag, & it’s definitely worth the price at 30% off. It should hold up pretty well, IMO! The black one was included in the last sale (April?) so I don’t see why it wouldn’t be included this fall. Fingers crossed!!
You were right! It’s included in the Fall event sale for 30% off. I think I might pick up a few things now that they’re reduced. I’m hoping that I can use them in 2021.

I am not sure about the bags, and they aren't really me, but I bought leather boots and some items of clothing, and they seem to be quite good. I had the boots resoled twice, have them for about 7 years now and walk the hell out of them in the winter

I bought my first TB this month so can't say how it will hold up over time. It's the triple compartment perry tote in pebbled leather, heron grey. The leather seems durable, the finishing of the bag is very smooth and uniform as is the stitching. It feels as though it will hold it's shape well without being too stiff. Unlike my MJ bowling bag from bag in the day which has sagged horribly. My previous big bags have been nylon as they are light but they were dragging down my more ladylike outfits. I think my Perry is great quality even at full price but I got it with a discount code from Zalando. Its certainly encouraged me to put TB on my go-to list.

The only Coach I've seen IRL is in TKMaxx. Although the pebbled leather is thicker and feels less plasticky than TB I wasn't looking for a rugged bag.

Last edited:
I have a pebbled leather convertible flap bag, leather pouch crossbody, clutch in smooth leather as well as leather card cases - including silver quilted. I use my TB bags and SLGs, and none do not reflect any wear. I feel TB is less sensitive than LV IMO.

Reactions: DS2006
I am very impressed with Tory Burch's Kira chevron, both the convertible shoulder bag & the chevron top handle.

The lambskin was so buttery soft I would compare them to my chanel lambskin reissue and chanel trendy cc. (Chanels are studier & structured but it should because the price?!)

Love kira very much & they are actually so lightweight & lowkey I've been carrying TTs out more than CCs :love:

Thinking of getting them in all colours. I think they really improved & are improving their quality. *chefs kiss*

Reactions: JVSXOXO and DS2006
My current TB purses are in pebbled leather, and it is thick and durable. I do plan on getting a Kira and Fleming soon, especially since they have updated the Fleming. I just think TB has the best styles in the contemporary designer category.

Has anyone of you knows the difference of a retail and outlet tory burch bags?

This one's from outlet (accdng to the person who sold me this).
Is tory burch purposedly changing some details for their retail and outlet items?

Look at the gold tone between clasps and the zipper. The zipper gold tone seems lighter but the hardware of the clasps seems very yellow which is similar to that of the website.

Also notice the stamp of the tory burch in front. The NEW YORK isnt aligned at the center.

I dont know if its a quality issue thats why its sold in the outlet or if this is fake. I peeled the leather of the ignignia tag of this bag to check if its real leather. It is real.

20210215_130849.jpg

20210218_093445.jpg

Has anyone of you knows the difference of a retail and outlet tory burch bags?

This one's from outlet (accdng to the person who sold me this).
Is tory burch purposedly changing some details for their retail and outlet items?

Look at the gold tone between clasps and the zipper. The zipper gold tone seems lighter but the hardware of the clasps seems very yellow which is similar to that of the website.

Also notice the stamp of the tory burch in front. The NEW YORK isnt aligned at the center.

I dont know if its a quality issue thats why its sold in the outlet or if this is fake. I peeled the leather of the ignignia tag of this bag to check if its real leather. It is real.

View attachment 4994413

View attachment 4994414

my outlet bag fell apart after a few weeks of use. Ditto for the outlet shoes I purchased.

My TB stellas that I bought in 2010 lasted until last summer.