Too shy or scared to ask about H? ASK HERE

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread's last chance.

This thread has has become a catch-all for every other thread on the H Shopping sub-forum and some the main H. Please do a search. If the thread continues as a part chat-thread/ part substitute for other threads, it will become redundant and be closed.

Note:

Shopping/stock post-epidemic https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/bag-production-post-c-virus.1026395/

Maintaining an H relationship https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/maintaining-a-h-relationship.156549/page-310#post-34789362

Treatment in-store https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/treatment-in-hermes-stores.267768/

Continued/discontinued items https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/does-hermes-still-make.1042656/

Plenty of threads on quota bags, including in different country's variables.

Need advice.. I shopped at an Hermes an hour away from my place in the beginning of 2020 although there’s an Hermes in my neighborhood. I was lucky enough to get a kelly 32 noir ghw with very little spend. Fast forward I purchased more items including SLGs, belts, 2 hats, silver jewelry, scarves, scarf rings, and an evelyne tpm. This brought me to about 1:1 spend. Then I got the dreaded news that my SA is on indefinite leave. I was planning to wait for her return but she wasn’t returning after 4 months and still hasn’t. I stopped by the store today and was set up with a new SA. I purchased some more items, which now put me at a 1.5:1 ratio. I asked her for a quota bag and she told me I have to start new with her to get a quota bag! That is just crazy to me because I stayed with the same store although it’s an hour away and I have a store in my own neighborhood… would you guys continue this journey or just let it go?

Need advice.. I shopped at an Hermes an hour away from my place in the beginning of 2020 although there’s an Hermes in my neighborhood. I was lucky enough to get a kelly 32 noir ghw with very little spend. Fast forward I purchased more items including SLGs, belts, 2 hats, silver jewelry, scarves, scarf rings, and an evelyne tpm. This brought me to about 1:1 spend. Then I got the dreaded news that my SA is on indefinite leave. I was planning to wait for her return but she wasn’t returning after 4 months and still hasn’t. I stopped by the store today and was set up with a new SA. I purchased some more items, which now put me at a 1.5:1 ratio. I asked her for a quota bag and she told me I have to start new with her to get a quota bag! That is just crazy to me because I stayed with the same store although it’s an hour away and I have a store in my own neighborhood… would you guys continue this journey or just let it go?
Maybe you can check with the store manager? It’s not your fault for changing SA… If the store manager refuse to help, then maybe can change stores?

Bag inventories are close to zero right now and will remain so for the foreseeable future (months). The new SA may be using the idea of “start over with me” as a creative way to stall your expectations for a bag soon since she knows it’s impossible anyway. Things are so messed up right now that if you were strongly considering switching stores to a much more convenient one, now may be a least painful time to do so.

Bag inventories are close to zero right now and will remain so for the foreseeable future (months). The new SA may be using the idea of “start over with me” as a creative way to stall your expectations for a bag soon since she knows it’s impossible anyway. Things are so messed up right now that if you were strongly considering switching stores to a much more convenient one, now may be a least painful time to do so.

I find it odd that people who surely are experiencing shortages in other aspects of their lives have difficulty believing that the pandemic hasn't had at least some of the same impacts on Hermes production. I'm not so naive as to think the back storage shelves are full of dust bunnies but I feel certain that they are pretty bleak, especially as the shelves in the front are full of dust bunnies. No one in retail, much less luxury retail, would want their displays to look the way I've seen some recently. Add this to the high demand for the exact same bag (small sized BKC in a relatively narrow range of colors) and it seems obvious to me that it's not about anyone's particular 'relationship' with their SA.

Scott Seiss is a comedian who created a hilarious set of TikTok videos compiled on YouTube poking fun at clueless customers (retail folks having a laugh) and the one that comes to my mind in this context:
Customer: Can you just check in the back?
Staff: Can you just accept we don't have it? The back ain't some magical place. What do you think is back there, Santa's Workshop? The only thing that's back there is a clipboard with our schedules and some brownies Darcy brought in...

Hi. I know SLG and other bags do not count towards quota, but does exotic leather wallets count?
In theory everything counts towards a bag. They use that as an excuse to have you shop in the other departments like jewelry, watches, home, shoes, etc... (lifetstyle).
i do not think so because mine has decreased !!
It doesn't show everything on their app. To get an accurate purchase history have them check on their computers instead of their mobile devices.

Reactions: birkin_croco

Unfortunately that is how it works with H. I was told the same thing, once a SA leaves, we have to start fresh even it is in the same store...In US it is still a chance to take, but I know a lot of my friends in China nowadays, especially newer H shoppers, they only complete their spending when they can have a quota bag offered on the spot and buys everything at the same time, if not, they just leave. Many are just scared of their unreasonable rules, especially lots of the SA there come and goes often.

I find it odd that people who surely are experiencing shortages in other aspects of their lives have difficulty believing that the pandemic hasn't had at least some of the same impacts on Hermes production. I'm not so naive as to think the back storage shelves are full of dust bunnies but I feel certain that they are pretty bleak, especially as the shelves in the front are full of dust bunnies. No one in retail, much less luxury retail, would want their displays to look the way I've seen some recently. Add this to the high demand for the exact same bag (small sized BKC in a relatively narrow range of colors) and it seems obvious to me that it's not about anyone's particular 'relationship' with their SA.

Scott Seiss is a comedian who created a hilarious set of TikTok videos compiled on YouTube poking fun at clueless customers (retail folks having a laugh) and the one that comes to my mind in this context:
Customer: Can you just check in the back?
Staff: Can you just accept we don't have it? The back ain't some magical place. What do you think is back there, Santa's Workshop? The only thing that's back there is a clipboard with our schedules and some brownies Darcy brought in...
This is so true!!!! :biggrin: :heart:

Reactions: textilegirl
Well one of the reasons, IMO, that many people have a hard time believing that quota bag inventory is basically nonexistent at the money, and for the foreseeable future, is because we are constantly seeing unboxings on Social Media. I mean YouTube alone is full of Birkin and Kelly unboxings. Then we have IG, Tiktok, and here on purseforum with people sharing their recent quota bag “scores.” So, of course, other buyers are going to think “why not me?” And “could stock really be THAT bad when there doesn’t seem to be a shortage of others getting B or K from the boutiques.

UNLESS, of course, we are perhaps experiencing some form of deception. I have seen some Youtubers discussing this phenomenon of people allegedly lying about getting their B or K from the boutique, when in fact it was purchased through a reseller or some other third party. And some even alleging that some of these bags are possibly fake? I’m certainly not accusing anybody, I’ve personally believed all the unboxings I’ve watched, perhaps I’ve been naive I don’t know? But if stock really is “nonexistent” In the world of quota bags, maybe there is some deception going on when so many others are doing multiple unboxings of B&K’s while thousands of others are being told there is no hope for a long while, regardless of your spend. (Of course I understand there are exceptions for super VVIPs) I’m mostly addressing those of us who have 1:1 -2:1 spends but hearing that there are no wish bags to be had, so to not waste our time for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.