Too common? Or am I in my own world?

Hey, Doodles!
I think the other reason why people think Louis Vuitton or Chanel is too common is simply because it is a well known brand, similar to how Apple has its iconic silver laptops and iphones with the fruit apple, and how everything piece of AV equipment is white.

Reactions: dr3amimxage
In Asia, you see Chanel everywhere! That was one reason, I ventured out to other brands. I just got my first Dior bag and I felt extra special using it as it's less common.
When I carry my Chanels, I felt nothing really different unless I'm carrying a seasonal piece.

This being said I still love Chanel and you should just buy what you really love. Buy what you love, and not what others dictate you should have.

Omg, this. I was just at a wedding where all the Asian aunties brought out their Chanel bags. I have never seen so many in such a small square footage. If someone decided to rob that place, they would have walked away with easily six figures in bags alone. Luckily the families anticipated it and hired security but still.

And I definitely felt that after purchasing my caviar Chanel CF. I felt the CF was too dressy so I would only bring it out for special occasions...unfortunately, everyone else who had it would also bring it out for special occasions. So in order to enjoy my Chanel without feeling like I wear it at the same time as 30 other people in the same room, I wear my Chanel for casual things now like getting coffee with a friend :biggrin: feels less common and makes the CF special to me again :love:

Last edited:
Omg, this. I was just at a wedding where all the Asian aunties brought out their Chanel bags. I have never seen so many in such a small square footage. If someone decided to rob that place, they would have walked away with easily six figures in bags alone. Luckily the families anticipated it and hired security but still.

And I definitely felt that after purchasing my caviar Chanel CF. I felt the CF was too dressy so I would only bring it out for special occasions...unfortunately, everyone else who had it would also bring it out for special occasions. So in order to enjoy my Chanel without feeling like I wear it at the same time as 30 other people in the same room, I wear my Chanel for casual things now like getting coffee with a friend :biggrin: feels less common and makes the CF special to me again :love:

That is actually really funny. When I was in Toronto at an Asian night market with multiple food stalls a few years ago, I noticed a lot of the Asian women anywhere from their 20s to 30s carrying chanel minis. I was so fascinated too, because it was Chanel in clusters. Then you realize.... it's more common than you think, etc.

I love Chanel for their style, but it is hardly unique, especially their classic styles and in the bigger cities.

That is actually really funny. When I was in Toronto at an Asian night market with multiple food stalls a few years ago, I noticed a lot of the Asian women anywhere from their 20s to 30s carrying chanel minis. I was so fascinated too, because it was Chanel in clusters. Then you realize.... it's more common than you think, etc.

I love Chanel for their style, but it is hardly unique, especially their classic styles and in the bigger cities.
YUP! Same in Vancouver haha. I was at the night market and all the Asian girls had Chanel boys/minis.

From Singapore and yes Chanel bags are very common here.
Not sure whether is it because I have been keeping an eye on them more recently but there seems to be more and more people carrying them. From CFs, minis, boy, gabrielle etc. Regarding the jumbo I think yes a lot of people do use them as a work bag because of the size.
Chanel is popular as can be seen on this forum so there are bound to be many people owning their bags.
I don't think you should be too bothered about whether or not many other people carry it as long as you like it...
It's inevitable that beautiful things are liked by many

Lol this is an old thread but it’s very interesting. I feel like carrying Lv is becoming refreshing as everywhere I look is chanel and Gucci, and Hermes (always a birkin and hardly any other style)

Reactions: Ramai
Omg @dearsunny I do the exact same thing now! All the aunties bring out their classic flap at formal parties and weddings, so I take an unassuming clutch and my chanel goes to the gym! I do take my reissue to parties though, reissue is a great option!

Reactions: MahaM
Dear ladies and gents,
I sincerely hope this question will not come off as offensive. (Fingers crossed)
I am very, very seriously considering adding the black jumbo flap in caviar with silver hardware to my collection. I think it is a great bag. Classic, useful, etc. All my bags are lambskin and I need something for a touch of wet/snowy weather.
However, either because of where I have lived and visited in my lifetime--or maybe too much time spent looking at others´ collections on tPF-- I am questioning whether EVERYONE (and I mean that with tongue-in-cheek exaggeration) has one.
I love tried-and-true classics but I also love having bags that are a tiny bit different, and I dunno, does it seem that many people carry the black caviar jumbo with SHW as an everyday bag? Am I being ridiculous? Feel free to say yes.

I totally agree with you ,it is too common .And I don’t feel it is the bag for me .

I like how it looks on others but it doesn’t suit my style neither does the medium classic flap.
I’m considering getting the 2.55 bag ( reissue) but didn’t try it on to see if it suits me or not.

In Manila, you only see Chanel & Hermes on the arms of the ultra rich. In New York (where I live most of the time), you tend to see them more in Manhattan and at upscale malls in New Jersey. I live in Brooklyn and you definitely see a lot more LV's and Gucci with a few Chanel's thrown in.
I personally don't feel "common" when I'm in an area where most women have a Chanel bag...For me its more of like "Oh hey gorgeous Chanel bag...Great minds think alike!" :graucho: