Tods Joy Tote

I have been using mine, medium size almost daily for almost a year to work and there is hardly any wear at all.

The leather is soft and durable. The leather is very, very similar to Hermes quality.
I [emoji173]️ that the side compartments are detachable.

It weighs 1.25 pounds with only the zippered side compartment on it. With both on, it weights 1.5 lbs.
Hi,
Would you consider this a heavy bag when empty, compared to bayswater or neverfull, if you have experience of either? I appreciate you’ve put the weight but I have no idea how heavy that is lol. So sorry

Hi BagMadness, I saw the Large Joy bag in Violet at the store in Geneva, Switzerland and loved it. I liked the roominess and the luxury of the interior. From what I remember, it has two inside detachable compartments for your valuables and practical enough to walk out to the store per say with a smaller leather purse in hand if needed and not need to carry the tote itself. I liked how the clasp has a magnet that makes closing easier. I also loved how the leather is crafted in a way that it gravitates to closing the gap on the top giving more privacy to your stuff. Overall I could not stop thinking about it for days. I did not buy it because I am saving up for an orthodontic treatment that is costing me an arm and a leg. I also have two LV Neverfull GM. Though if I did not have the dentist thing going I would have jumped in a heartbeat. The quality and style is far superior than a LV Neverfull MM. Good luck deciding and if you get it please do a reveal. Cheers,
I’m looking at either this tote or a neverfull. I tried the NF and the straps did cut into my fingers when hand held so it put me off but I do really enjoy the ease of a tote, it suits my life at the moment. Why do you say this bag is of better quality? Is there a massive weight difference between the two? I guess common sense would say yes as difference of materials. Light weight is the reason I gravitate towards LV but I’ve returned 3 bags with defects from them, a mulberry which I was asked it it was fake, it was such a state so I’ve turned to tod’s because they’re meant to produce quality for your money! It seems every brand is producing really low quality products as demand rises :sad: just wondering if tod’s will be really heavy which due to an injury, I can’t endure.

I’m looking at either this tote or a neverfull. I tried the NF and the straps did cut into my fingers when hand held so it put me off but I do really enjoy the ease of a tote, it suits my life at the moment. Why do you say this bag is of better quality? Is there a massive weight difference between the two? I guess common sense would say yes as difference of materials. Light weight is the reason I gravitate towards LV but I’ve returned 3 bags with defects from them, a mulberry which I was asked it it was fake, it was such a state so I’ve turned to tod’s because they’re meant to produce quality for your money! It seems every brand is producing really low quality products as demand rises :sad: just wondering if tod’s will be really heavy which due to an injury, I can’t endure.

I have both of these bags, a large Tod's joy and the LV Neverfull MM in DE. The Neverfull is slightly lighter than the Joy, but not significantly so. The Tod's is not too heavy and you can even remove the inner attachments if you want to make it lighter. They are both pretty comfortable to me and I don't have a problem with the straps of either bag. I usually carry on my shoulders and not in my hands. I find them both to be well made but of course one is leather and the other canvas so the Neverfull is probably more carefree because of the canvas (like for travel, in rain, etc.) I do love the Tod's leather though, it's very luxurious and beautiful and more understated than the LV, so I use it when I don't want to carry a logo bag. It does feel more luxurious just because of the beautiful leather. The Joy is their #1 selling bag. You can't go wrong with either of them and I like them both. I have never held a Bayswater but I have heard that they are pretty heavy. Nice bag though, another on my list to look at one day!

Reactions: Luv2Shop1
I have both of these bags, a large Tod's joy and the LV Neverfull MM in DE. The Neverfull is slightly lighter than the Joy, but not significantly so. The Tod's is not too heavy and you can even remove the inner attachments if you want to make it lighter. They are both pretty comfortable to me and I don't have a problem with the straps of either bag. I usually carry on my shoulders and not in my hands. I find them both to be well made but of course one is leather and the other canvas so the Neverfull is probably more carefree because of the canvas (like for travel, in rain, etc.) I do love the Tod's leather though, it's very luxurious and beautiful and more understated than the LV, so I use it when I don't want to carry a logo bag. It does feel more luxurious just because of the beautiful leather. The Joy is their #1 selling bag. You can't go wrong with either of them and I like them both. I have never held a Bayswater but I have heard that they are pretty heavy. Nice bag though, another on my list to look at one day!
Thank you so much for your thoughts. I appreciate it. I have ordered one along with two of the gommino loafers. :smile:

I just bought my first joy tote, and I am so impressed with the quality of the leather. I can't believe this brand has stayed so far 'under the radar' given the quality of the materials used in making the bags. I am quite loyal to BV and Hermes, and in my opinion Tod's leather quality belongs in that category. Also similar to those other two brands, I appreciate how understated many of Tod's bags can be. It's amazing there isn't more attention given to the brand (and even to this forum). I feel like I've uncovered a hidden gem, almost.

Reactions: BUIGOVA
I wandered into Tod's today just to see what's new...tried on a bunch of bags...and fell in love the Joy tote! My b-day is coming up so there just might be one on the horizon! :heart:

I've looked at the Joy tote for years and finally, finally, took the plunge during the Farfetch sale and got an amazing deal on a pale gray one. It arrived a couple weeks ago and I absolutely love it. Just love it. So easy to wear and use. So elegant and understated. I'm trying to resist buying one in another color!

I've looked at the Joy tote for years and finally, finally, took the plunge during the Farfetch sale and got an amazing deal on a pale gray one. It arrived a couple weeks ago and I absolutely love it. Just love it. So easy to wear and use. So elegant and understated. I'm trying to resist buying one in another color!
Congrats on your purchase! Wondering if the Joy tote flops over when set down? Which size did you get? There are so many Joy totes and I noticed not all Medium or Large are the same dimensions - weird. I noticed the Joy on the Farfetch sale too, its dimensions seem pretty big - 16.5 x 10.6 x 5.9 - is this the size you purchased? TIA

edited to include:
p.s. I also noticed that the models holding the tote, hold it at a slant rather than full on. Hard to tell if it looks really big that way.

Reactions: youngster
Congrats on your purchase! Wondering if the Joy tote flops over when set down? Which size did you get? There are so many Joy totes and I noticed not all Medium or Large are the same dimensions - weird. I noticed the Joy on the Farfetch sale too, its dimensions seem pretty big - 16.5 x 10.6 x 5.9 - is this the size you purchased? TIA

edited to include:
p.s. I also noticed that the models holding the tote, hold it at a slant rather than full on. Hard to tell if it looks really big that way.

The Joy tote that I bought was listed as "medium" but it is bigger at 16" (across the very top though it measures about 13" across the bottom as it tapers down) x 10" high x 6" deep. (I'm sure I'm off slightly on those measurements so I'm guessing it's the same one that you are looking at.) It stands up perfectly as the bottom is reinforced with a flat leather panel that is sewn in, something you can't see easily in the pics. It also has 4 feet on the bottom so it's meant to stand. No flopping at all!

Reactions: MamaSleepy
How can I identify if a Tod's tote bag on a sale is a made-for-outlet bag or a regular boutique tote bag?

This is a great question and I'd like to know myself.

I know the Joy tote that I bought is a match in color, features, and the same hanging charm to one listed on the official Tod's site, except for the dimensions and the closure. The "medium" I bought seems to be in between the medium and large sizes listed on Tod's official site. Those Joy totes also close with magnetic tabs and not a zipper which is what my Joy tote from Farfetch has. So, I'm not sure. But, I think I might have seen zip top Joy totes in the boutique last year. I do know that the tote I bought is really beautiful and I'm super happy with it. I actually prefer this size as the "medium" on Tod's site is a little too small and the "large" is a bit too large.

Reactions: MamaSleepy
How can I identify if a Tod's tote bag on a sale is a made-for-outlet bag or a regular boutique tote bag?

I’m not sure how to tell in general, but the sale tote I bought about a month ago is exactly the same as the one I have from the boutique, just a different color. I purchased black on sale and had a beige/brown from the boutique. Same leather, dimensions and magnetic closure, everything. I am very happy with both.