To what extent are you influenced by the forum?

This forum has caused me to:
1. love Hermes more because of what I've learned about the history/lore of H;
2. not be so afraid of using my H bags (because they can always go to the spa!); and
3. open my eyes to items other than bags, scarves and bracelets.

I think the ladies and gents here are just super and am so glad I have a place to share my love of H.

I have always loved bags, I always bought at least 2 new bags a season. When I first joined, I got the Chanel Expandable Flap, an LV purse, then I looked at the Hermes section. Since I started reading the Hermes section, I have not bought a single bag. I would rather hold out for what I really want. So in a strange way, the Hermes forum has actually saved me money!!:tup: x

Great! question...
I'm only on tpf a short time, but I've been hugely influenced. It's great bcause so many of my opinions that were making me nervous..... I'll hear it echoed 100 times.....and the reverse too.....the point is u get the info,and start to realize how subjective it all is. IMO: U use tpf as a cherished reference and companion, and then make your own decisions. Best thing here: Everyone, to a man, upholds the credo of individual taste. Plus, I felt empowered fr tpf to go get my refund. yeah baby....
To the person who said they still don't like exotics: Me neither!! I don't like croc. There. I've said it.
long live tpf....bye all

This forum has really only influenced me to TALK about H more in my personal life at home. I have loved H since I was a kid, but I knew from a young age it was special and I would have to earn money to enjoy it.
Anyway, where I live nobody really cares about anything other than Dooney, Coach and MAYBE Chanel. Maybe. I own a lot of Coach because it's durable and cute and affordable, and I like the history and the company's origins (LOVE baseball). So as a result, I never talk about H because most people don't even know what it is! I figure I can educate them but they also don't seem interested. Now that I am spending time on the forum I talk about H a LOT more, my DH noticed, and even to people out in public.

After I noticed that OFL is from Oregon too, I thought hey, H lovers do exist in the Northwest! YAY!!!!!! :smile:

It's just nice to have people that are as passionate and MORE passionate about something than you, ya know? I love H, but you ladies inspire me!

Its funny, but I do not like exotics - crocs, birds, lizards - my bank balance thanks me! BUT I feel so much happiness when I see a TPF obtain the exotic bag they desire, I found this forum to be a wealth of knowledge that will lead to friendships etc. I also think it is wonderful that ladies take their time out to advise people on real and fake bags, post great buys etc, this is an unpaid role and they do it willing, how many other places can you go for this help?? Not many, so Thank You!!!!xxxxx:ty:

Great thread by the way!!xx

On the whole TPF has been positive to me:

1) Before I consider splurging on an expensive handbag, H or otherwise, I can ask the forum's opinion. I usually find that there are many experiences and ideas I would never consider or wouldn't be able to find elsewhere; I have been able to make informed decisions on what and where to buy. If it weren't for TPF, I might have made an impulse Birkin purchase from a reseller with a high mark-up - something I am sure I will regret.

2) I learned so much about leathers, colors, HW, and styles. Even if I visited H stores, I wouldn't be able to learn what's out there as I learn here - what is a fair price to pay, what the experience is like owning a particular style/leather, etc.

3) I have been able to compare my own experiences with other designers with the members here; sometimes it's different, sometimes it's similar, but the information is valuable when you're spending huge amounts on luxury goods that head towards investments.

4) I finally understand what a scarf can do!

5) TPF deepened my appreciation for quality and beauty, but TPF also educates about venturing into the reality of the H world - fakes, SA attitudes and etiquette, and money and fashion style management (i.e. always emphasizing what's best for the individual's needs).

6) I really enjoy the open-mindedness, humor, and tolerance here - every little purchase is celebrated as much as the grail croc, and there is a respect for everyone's tastes.

7) How to be creative with your wardrobe with a mixture of H goods and scarves... I even get to see how men, from husbands to fashionistas, experience H! These are just experiences I wouldn't be able to discover in the "real world," as TPF brought so many different people from so many different countries together.

Its funny, but I do not like exotics - crocs, birds, lizards - my bank balance thanks me! BUT I feel so much happiness when I see a TPF obtain the exotic bag they desire,

Yes, I know just what u mean. I echo everything u and transcendent1 said after me, but this especially. These people are total strangers to me, but I feel genuinely glad for them. It's the vibe of this forum.....has to be...bcause I'm not usually the most open person in the world.....
btw; I just bought yet another "fantasie a cheval" scarf. Blue this time. Will be doing pics very soon. Waiting for my children to come home for weekend.

^^ Glad you agree, I think its true, its almost like we have been let into other people's worlds to see their happiness! I will stop now before it becomes a mushfest!Lol!x