To reglaze or not to reglaze my wallet

First picture is not finished yet one more coat should do it. Here is a before shot...
LVmonokeycaserepair1.png

Last edited:
Wow!!! You did an awesome job! I am so thankful for ur info. I don't have anything too old yet or in need of reglazing except my year old wallet, but this is great info to know. Thxs for providing all the pics and the links to the items!!! I am going to have to keep this info handy as I am sure I will need it because in time my key holder will prob end up looking like yours!

LOL, that key holder is over 20 years old, I bought it that way with the intent to have it repaired by LV then I changed my mind and decided to try it myself. But Thank you for the compliments.

Great job, Maltoo! [emoji106] I've done this before also, but I find the brown is too light straight out of the bottle. I like mixing the black and brown edge kote. [emoji56] What type of thread did you use to repair the stitching? I am having trouble finding a match for the brown thread used on SLGS and the yellow thread used on vachetta.

Great job, Maltoo! [emoji106] I've done this before also, but I find the brown is too light straight out of the bottle. I like mixing the black and brown edge kote. [emoji56] What type of thread did you use to repair the stitching? I am having trouble finding a match for the brown thread used on SLGS and the yellow thread used on vachetta.

thanks, I did not redo the stitching, I glued it. This case was well worn and I do not think that in places it would have taken the stitching well, I think it would have caused more damage so I opted for just gluing it. I used zap-a-gap and mohawk accelerator, you have to use a tiny amount because this stuff is amazing but gets hard so the tiniest amount does the job. I am not using the case for everyday keys. I keep keys that I only use occasionally in it, but still need to keep with me at all times.
I did check out threads but did not order any. found these 2 I thought might work
http://www.threadart.com/p-1429-bonded-nylon-thread-1500m-dk-brown.aspx
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Thread-Size...he-Tippmann-Boss-sewing-machine-/111625555322

I was looking at my vintage Mono PM Agenda today, and I see what you mean the edge kote on it is so mucher darker than what was on my key case. I think I will order some black and mix my own and reglaze it. Thanks for pointing that out :smile:

Last edited:
Reactions: lvmk
yes, I have, I would not reglaze a yr old wallet. I would take that to LV but a preloved one like the OP has that you do not have much into and do not want to spend the $ to have LV do it, I would not hestiate to do it myself. I used the brown. it does not need gloss, at least not the Fiebing brand anyway. This is one I am working on right now.
IMG_1188.jpg

I am thinking of doing the same thing on the same product. I wonder if it is possible to take out a scratch in the canvas though.