To All The Shoes I've Loved Before

^^I know! Why can't we all just live in the same town? Or even country for that matter!!! I am so jealous of the Atlanta ladies meeting up in September! But hey--remember Msr. is scheduled to show up for a signing in SD in October (of course NM still has no details....).

Black satin Mauresmos - too flimsy and delicate - they were slightly too tight and I was terrified of ripping them :crybaby:
Black patent Sharkas - too low and also my toes always felt too close to the edge? It was a weird sensation
Black suede Laponos which were just too small - now at home elsewhere on TPF:smile:

Freaking hilarious:lolots::lolots::lolots::lolots:!!

Although we've come
To the ennnnnnnnnd oooooooof the road
Still I caaaaaaan't let go

It's so natural
You belong to me
I belong to yooooooooooooou!

*talks in that low, male R&B singer voice*

Black patent Decollete...I wanted you from the moment I saw you, baby. But, uh, when we finally came together we weren't in perfect harmony. You hurt me, girl....hurt me so bad. The pain I felt stayed with me for days. And while I didn't want to, I had to let you go.

Hope you don't mind if I decide to bring your half-size bigger sister into my world, ahhh yeeeeah.

*cues music back up*

Although we've come...

^^I know! Why can't we all just live in the same town? Or even country for that matter!!! I am so jealous of the Atlanta ladies meeting up in September! But hey--remember Msr. is scheduled to show up for a signing in SD in October (of course NM still has no details....).

Sounds like the perfect time for a trip to Cali!!

We should pick a city and have a nationwide CL meet-up next year! :graucho:

Although we've come
To the ennnnnnnnnd oooooooof the road
Still I caaaaaaan't let go

It's so natural
You belong to me
I belong to yooooooooooooou!

*talks in that low, male R&B singer voice*

Black patent Decollete...I wanted you from the moment I saw you, baby. But, uh, when we finally came together we weren't in perfect harmony. You hurt me, girl....hurt me so bad. The pain I felt stayed with me for days. And while I didn't want to, I had to let you go.

Hope you don't mind if I decide to bring your half-size bigger sister into my world, ahhh yeeeeah.

*cues music back up*

Although we've come...

OMG KK LOL!!! That is too hilarious! The funny part is the Black patent Decollete was the first one to break my heart. You are too funny.

All these babies has gone to a new loving home :

- Lova tuxedo pigalle 120 & Black greasepaint NP to my Super good friend ! so if i ever miss them i can still visit and pat pat :P

- White haute et nue ..lost love
- Red grease fontanette ..to funy my UUUUUUUHG unfortunately it was the only one i could let go at the time .

I was seaching for meltonian spray and i stumbled upon this thread, really funny and i've recently seen lots of tpfers selling there beloved shoes so i thought i'd try and bring it back to life

Patent rolandos wanted them so badly i bought them in a full size up, not sure what i was thinking as i dragged my feet trying to wear them.....off to ebay

Didnt learn my lesson on sizing bought graffiti prives and scarpes in the wrong sizes and had to sell them tooo....

Im learning but christian is all over the map in sizing

great idea :amuse:

thanks to tpf I had really few sizing mistakes with my purchases
it's really great because I have only been able to try on one pair in real life (in Paris) !
since I'm french but don't live near Paris at all I'm thanking ebay and tpf-ers who sell some CLs (also a few website !)

anyway back to the topic :
1) pigalle 120 black patent, I found them so beautiful I bought them of ebay even though tpf says to go down in size... they were at least a full size too big... (if not 1.5 !)
I've never dare to buy another pigalle 120 since...

2) black simple 100, they were perfect in sizing and I really liked them but I had already bought a lot of black CLs (and a lot of simples too) so I thought it was time to let them go... I should have thought twice about that !
a guy bought them for his girlfriend he said and a month after he got them he filled a claim saying they were really used, discoloured... I could not believe this ! I had to pay him back partially and few weeks later he was selling them back on ebay saying they were good as new and the price has gone up !

3) black decollete 100, perfect again but same reason too many black shoes... gone to a lovely lady !

4) black rolando again same reason and also wasn't sure I loved them enough... gone to a new home

5) white yoyo 85, lovely even if they were a 0.5 size too big at least but I also have bone mme claude so I decided to part with them... gone to a lovely tpfer I think :smile:

6) nude yoyo 85, bought new on ebay and never worn because when I stopped hoping, I found one of my HG nude VPs with rose gold tip :love:

that's all for now !

I'm bumping this thread up because I sorely miss my dear Noah from all of the threads on tPF! :flowers:

Also, I thought I would tax my brain and see if I could think of every pair I have given up over the years....

Pairs that have gone away to new homes:

1. C'est Moi Bootie - bought a size 40 and while they were ok with socks, it just wasn't love. An impulse sale buy because I wanted my first pair of CLs! :nuts:
2. Turquoise Satin Anemone- It was gorgeous but too large and I knew I'd never wear them.
3. Grey Nabuck Python Biancas - got rid of my 140s ... I felt they looked too clunky on me.
4. Barbie Pink Biancas - gorgeous but same as the other 140s ... too clunky. I would love to replace these with a ron ron or a yolanda sometime in the future.
5. Lavender Bananas - too clunky on my feet. Still would love a lady claude/sling in Lav.
6. Lavender Lady Sling - thought these would replace my lavender bananas but they ran CRAZY SMALL!
7. Catenita trash - decided 140s were no more for me (although I do miss these at times)
8. Lace Lady Page (2 pairs) - this is a cruel minx. Could never make them work.
9. Grey Flannel Lady Page (2 pairs) - again. This shoe was ridiculous fit for me. No bueno.
10. Black Clichy 120mm - I needed something with a lower heel for my everyday black pump so I replaced these with fifi 100s in black patent.
11. Purple Eel w/ Silver Tip Lady Claude Special Order - after waiting FOREVER it just wasn't love for these ... they went to a new home.
12. Red velvet graffiti clichy 120 - way back when I started collecting. I sold these to fund the purple lizard VPs.
13. Pink Pin Ups - so cute but the light pink was hard to work w/ my wardrobe and I was afraid to get them dirty.
14. Nude Yoyo 110mm - half size too small. Dying to find these in the right size!
15. Black Leather Madame Butterfly Bootie - a HOT shoe but tried to get rid of all my high/not practical shoes. Sometimes I miss these.
16. Black Sude Para La Cruz - had other black shoes I wore more. Wouldn't mind them in a different colorway.
17. Black/White Damas Greissimos - Impulse sale purchase.
18. Magenta Lady Gres - too big
19. Coral Dillian - the rolando toebox wasn't a match for me here.
20. Batik Python Hyper Prive - For some reason I just didn't love how the hyper prive looked on my foot. Sometimes I miss these.
21. Aubergine Goa Lame Lady Lynch Zeppa - wasn't in love with the material
22. Black Leather Mad - didn't love the rolando toebox.
23. Black Patent Decollete - didn't love the toebox on these. Prefer the ron ron toe.

Pairs I returned:
24. Marine Glitter Very Prive- An impulse purchase from NM. When I got them they didn't make my heart sing.
25. Purple Sude Alta Nodo - Impulse sale purchase. Returned.
26. Fuxia Suede Very Croise - Impulse sale purchase. Returned.
27. Cramberry Patent Lady Lynch Zeppa - bought a 38 hoping it would work but too small.
28. Nude Yolanda - Wasn't nearly as comfortable as my other yolanda so I returned them.

Pairs that have gone away to new homes that I wish I had back :P :

29. Purple Lizard Very Prive - fell out of love with VPs. However I wish I had these back.
30. Pewter Bling Blings (2 pairs) - 38.5 and 39 was too small. This was heartbreaking. I wish I would have spent more time trying to make the 39s work. I love this shoe so much.

Whew!!

^^^ a few more I forgot!!

31. Purple Python Fifi - total impulse buy and when I got them it wasn't love. Returned.
32. Nude Engin - Another impulse buy. I thought it was weird you could see my toes through the shoe. Returned.
33. Gold?? Catonita - Always loved that shoe but it looked super weird on my foot. Returned.

I'm bumping this thread up because I sorely miss my dear Noah from all of the threads on tPF! :flowers:

Also, I thought I would tax my brain and see if I could think of every pair I have given up over the years....

Pairs that have gone away to new homes:

1. C'est Moi Bootie - bought a size 40 and while they were ok with socks, it just wasn't love. An impulse sale buy because I wanted my first pair of CLs! :nuts:
2. Turquoise Satin Anemone- It was gorgeous but too large and I knew I'd never wear them.
3. Grey Nabuck Python Biancas - got rid of my 140s ... I felt they looked too clunky on me.
4. Barbie Pink Biancas - gorgeous but same as the other 140s ... too clunky. I would love to replace these with a ron ron or a yolanda sometime in the future.
5. Lavender Bananas - too clunky on my feet. Still would love a lady claude/sling in Lav.
6. Lavender Lady Sling - thought these would replace my lavender bananas but they ran CRAZY SMALL!
7. Catenita trash - decided 140s were no more for me (although I do miss these at times)
8. Lace Lady Page (2 pairs) - this is a cruel minx. Could never make them work.
9. Grey Flannel Lady Page (2 pairs) - again. This shoe was ridiculous fit for me. No bueno.
10. Black Clichy 120mm - I needed something with a lower heel for my everyday black pump so I replaced these with fifi 100s in black patent.
11. Purple Eel w/ Silver Tip Lady Claude Special Order - after waiting FOREVER it just wasn't love for these ... they went to a new home.
12. Red velvet graffiti clichy 120 - way back when I started collecting. I sold these to fund the purple lizard VPs.
13. Pink Pin Ups - so cute but the light pink was hard to work w/ my wardrobe and I was afraid to get them dirty.
14. Nude Yoyo 110mm - half size too small. Dying to find these in the right size!
15. Black Leather Madame Butterfly Bootie - a HOT shoe but tried to get rid of all my high/not practical shoes. Sometimes I miss these.
16. Black Sude Para La Cruz - had other black shoes I wore more. Wouldn't mind them in a different colorway.
17. Black/White Damas Greissimos - Impulse sale purchase.
18. Magenta Lady Gres - too big
19. Coral Dillian - the rolando toebox wasn't a match for me here.
20. Batik Python Hyper Prive - For some reason I just didn't love how the hyper prive looked on my foot. Sometimes I miss these.
21. Aubergine Goa Lame Lady Lynch Zeppa - wasn't in love with the material
22. Black Leather Mad - didn't love the rolando toebox.
23. Black Patent Decollete - didn't love the toebox on these. Prefer the ron ron toe.

Pairs I returned:
24. Marine Glitter Very Prive- An impulse purchase from NM. When I got them they didn't make my heart sing.
25. Purple Sude Alta Nodo - Impulse sale purchase. Returned.
26. Fuxia Suede Very Croise - Impulse sale purchase. Returned.
27. Cramberry Patent Lady Lynch Zeppa - bought a 38 hoping it would work but too small.
28. Nude Yolanda - Wasn't nearly as comfortable as my other yolanda so I returned them.

Pairs that have gone away to new homes that I wish I had back :P :

29. Purple Lizard Very Prive - fell out of love with VPs. However I wish I had these back.
30. Pewter Bling Blings (2 pairs) - 38.5 and 39 was too small. This was heartbreaking. I wish I would have spent more time trying to make the 39s work. I love this shoe so much.

Whew!!

you had some really gorgeous shoes naked! :girlsigh: maybe one day we will find you your purple lizard VPs and pewter bling blings!